La Liga - 2012/2013

Game over 1-2
Madly open match, could have been four all and I only saw an hour of it.

Simeone signed a new 4 year deal the other day. Hopefully that means he will be there for a decent amount of time, but you never know with all the chopping and changing over the years. He's done better than anyone since Antic in the 90s.

I've read in a Portuguese journal that with the current number of goals Messi would have been Pichichi in all but the last two La Liga seasons so far.

Atletico are struggling here, had a feeling they'd be sluggish when i heard Simeone had signed his new contract!

They weren't at their best at all today. Madrid up to 2nd, and I don't expect it to change from now till the end of the season. Atleti just need to make sure they finish top 4, that was always the objective.

From the BBC, so all times UK.

Saturday 16th March 2013
Real Sociedad v Valladolid 15:00
Getafe v Athletic Bilbao 17:00
Real Madrid v Mallorca 19:00
Valencia v Real Betis 21:00

Sunday 17th March 2013
Malaga v Espanyol 11:00
Sevilla v Real Zaragoza 16:00
Osasuna v Atletico Madrid 18:00
Barcelona v Rayo Vallecano 20:00
Granada v Levante 20:00

Puyol had an arthroscopy on his knee today and will be out for 4 to 8 weeks according to the docs.

Real Sociedad absolutely thrashing Valladolid. 4-0 after 50 minutes! Griezmann, Vela and Zurutuza playing some outstanding football.

What a season they've been having! Xabi Prieto getting a hat-trick in a narrow 4-3 loss at the Bernábeu, their first ever derby win at the San Mames (in the last derby ever in the old stadium), first team in the league to beat Barcelona this season and the first team to even take points from the Calderón (Atléti had a perfect home record). Currently 4th in the league! (Málaga still have to play though). Vela, Illaramendi, Iñigo and Carlos Martínez have all been outstanding all season.

Ronaldo crying, poor baby didn't get pass into his feet.

You've not got a bet on them have you? :lol:

Before you saw the team sheet I guess.

Yeah, I even had Chelsea winning with a 2 goal margin and it came through ffs. Have we scored 4 goals in one half this season yet?

Why the hell does he start Pepe in midfield against Mallorca though? That's baffling.