La Liga - 2012/2013

Right, but surely in this instance they're entitled to whine? They aren't crowding him because they're losing. They're crowding him because they feel there's an injustice. And there was.

He might have clipped him, dunno, you couldn't really tell from that angle though. /:wenger:

For those doubting the penalty, Sergio Ramos just said :

" I don't know if there was contact or not, should see the images " :lol:

So he can't tell if his feet touched or not !! says it all.

Right, but surely in this instance they're entitled to whine? They aren't crowding him because they're losing. They're crowding him because they feel there's an injustice. And there was.

I'm not a Barca fan, just like them. Wanted them to win as I do every game they play, no more than that. They're 13 points clear in the league so I'm sure most Barca fans hurt more midweek than they are now.

That really is close to being a fan

Anyway a convincing win for Real, Barca never look like they could win this.

For those doubting the penalty, Sergio Ramos just said :

" I don't know if there was contact or not, should see the images " :lol:

So he can't tell if his feet touched or not !! says it all.

:lol:

The league is still wide open. 12 games is more than enough time for Barcelona to lose it..

That really is close to being a fan

I'm a fan of their football and Messi's my all time favourite player so I like to see them win. If they lose I'm not heartbroken and if they do win I'm not ecstatic. I'm of the old school opinion where you can only be a fan of 1 team.

All I said originally was it was a penalty and that Pepe and Ronaldo both dived. Neither are ludicrous claims by any means yet Relevated's reply to that is to belittle the point and put it down to being a bitter Barca fan :rolleyes:

I'm not a Barca fan, just like them. Wanted them to win as I do every game they play, no more than that. They're 13 points clear in the league so I'm sure most Barca fans hurt more midweek than they are now.

Yes they are. Had they been winning they wouldn't crowd him. They always crowd the ref when they are losing. Both teams do.

I'm surprised ref didn't card Adriano. That looked so much like a dive. We're arguing here if Ramos managed to touch Adriano or not. Touching someone isn't the same as fouling someone. Adriano could very easily have stayed on his feet but he didn't as he was trying to win a pen.

Barcelona are about the poorest losers there are. They're not used to it, they don't know how to handle it and they've always made excuses to go along with their poor performance for when they do. It's the ref or the pitch most of the times. Really sours and otherwise great football club.

The league is still wide open. 12 games is more than enough time for Barcelona to lose it..

Only mathematically.

Let's not get carried away here. Barca have lost to Real Madrid twice and AC Milan, it's hardly the end of their world. Yes they were shit against Sevilla, but they still won.

Possible whoosh here, but you never know with this forum.

Danny in "it's not over" shocker. Barcelona have a 13 point lead and won't play Real again. Unless you think that Atlético are the threat here. Atlético are mostly reliant on their impeccable home form. They've won less than half of the away games. That won't catch up to Barca who'll mostly drop 2 points of their remaining home games.

Remaining games:

Deportivo H
Rayo H
Celta A
Mallorca H
Zaragoza A
Levante H
Athletic A
Betis H
Atlético A
Valladolid H
Espanyol A
Málaga H

No way they're losing 4 times.

Motm for Modric, Varane or Pepe, difficult call. Good cameo for Ronaldo too, but we're used to him playing great.

It's like Barca didn't learn any lessons from the defeat in midweek, 75% possession is no good when you leave yourself wide open for a counter as soon as you lose the ball. They have lost the discipline that Pep instilled and look completely rudderless at the moment.

Only mathematically.

Let's not get carried away here. Barca have lost to Real Madrid twice and AC Milan, it's hardly the end of their world. Yes they were shit against Sevilla, but they still won.

Possible whoosh here, but you never know with this forum.

Barcelona barely (and with a bit of luck as well) managed to beat Granada and Sevilla at home! They are playing pretty badly at the moment..

that's about the first one on one i can remember Messi having in a clasico in lord knows how long. I think part of what is going on right now is the bigger teams keeping him away from the penalty box.

Yes they are. Had they been winning they wouldn't crowd him. They always crowd the ref when they are losing. Both teams do.

They wouldn't have crowded him then because they'd be getting back into position I'd imagine. That said, had they been winning I'd take a guess that he'd give the pen.

They crowded the referee because they felt a sense of injustice not because they were losing.

I think people overreact with how often they crowd the referee. They didn't crowd the ref when Celtic beat them. And they (Barcelona and Madrid) aren't the only clubs to surround the referee as many on here know all too well.

They wouldn't have crowded him then because they'd be getting back into position I'd imagine. That said, had they been winning I'd take a guess that he'd give the pen.

They crowded the referee because they felt a sense of injustice not because they were losing.

I think people overreact with how often they crowd the referee. They didn't crowd the ref when Celtic beat them. And they (Barcelona and Madrid) aren't the only clubs to surround the referee as many on here know all too well.

Doesn't matter one bit what other clubs do. I'm not talking about other clubs. Barcelona do this in every game that's not going for them. Against Celtic they were toothless and they didn't get fouled or chances to dive. You can't crowd the ref over nothing. Today they crowded a ref at every instance. Didn't matter if he had already given the right call or not.

Had they been winning there wouldn't have been any crowding going on, never mind a red card after the final whistle. So how is them losing not a reason for this behavior?
It's not just losing or feeling hard done by. It's also a tactic for them. Crowd the referee enough and he'll maybe eventually be pressured into carding the opposition team. Both teams love doing this in El Classico's. Italian teams do a lot of this in Europe. Chelsea used to do this a lot when they were at their worst. In England in general you don't see this much. It's really only when there's a red card worthy challenge but that's also a bit of the two teams surrounding each other.

It's an easy enough thing to stamp out. You get a yellow card for waving an imaginary card. Why is it any different to yell it to the refs face?

For me it was never a penalty. I don't like players going down like that when they feel the slightest of touches. That's not a foul. I wouldn't mind if United got that kind of penalty but that's the hypocritical thinking us fans live with. The simple thing is to think it this way. Had this been against United would you be fine with the ref giving a pen? I sure as hell wouldn't. I don't see the contact myself and I see Ramos retracting his leg and Adriano going for the pen no matter what.

You sure that isnt his index finger?
It looked like it at first, not really sure though.

Edit - Actually, when you pause it, you can clearly see his index finger is bent so I'm pretty sure he's giving them the finger, what a cnut. He should surely get a few games for this?

Edit 2 - Nevermind, it was his index finger after all.

That's not what you said when he let you see it.
:D He was average, I have a hard time seeing him ever being as good as Xavi to be fair. Hope I'm wrong as we will need someone to step up for Spain once he retires, but I just can't see it yet.

You can't crowd the ref over nothing.

No, but you can crowd the referee when you have a penalty shout turned down in injury time surely?

It happens in England too. SAF is brilliant at referee manipulation.

No, but you can crowd the referee when you have a penalty shout turned down in injury time surely?

:rolleyes:

When you always "try to make the most" of fouls or dive, sometimes u are denied of clear penalties.

It's like Barca didn't learn any lessons from the defeat in midweek, 75% possession is no good when you leave yourself wide open for a counter as soon as you lose the ball. They have lost the discipline that Pep instilled and look completely rudderless at the moment.

Guess the myth that any manager can coach Barca is more or less over, no ?

You sure that isnt his index finger?

Look at Yahoo making a whole article about it...

Jordi Alba gave Real Madrid fans the finger while celebrating Leo Messi’s goal

As Barcelona celebrated the equalizer, Jordi Alba was caught giving the Bernabeu what looked like a middle finger salute. This, of course, was met by immediate outrage in certain corners of the Internet.

And then, the last segment of it:

UPDATE II: Here's another angle on Alba's gesture. Index it is!

Iborra draws first blood in the Valencian derby, a sweet header from a... throw-in :lol:

You say it like it was the only time in the game. They did it the whole match. They also went over the top regarding one penalty claim. You don't see this in England. I can't count many times where players get red carded when the final whistle has blown. I do remember several incidents like that from the El Clasico in the past few years however.

Valencia are such bottlers... they're defo going out of the CL, even if they were to lead PSG by 3 away goals with only 10 minutes to go, they'd find a way to feck it up :lol:

Málaga-Atlético, technically and tactically miles above the Spurs-Arsenal game of today, but with the same intensity and tenacity :drool: