La Liga - 2012/2013

it's hard to understand why barcelona, with all the money they have, didnt buy a world class defender, they are in dire need of one

Didn't they try to get Thiago Silva in the summer before he decided he'd rather join the French oil money club?

I think he would have been a perfect fit for them and would have improved their defense immensely.

according to the espn pundits eden hazard said: "i don't like to be compared with messi, i'm eden hazard"

i don't like to be compared with brad pitt, i'm a cat with violet hair and green glasses

You have to feel for Unai Emery though...

However well his teams play against Barça, however many goals they score, he can just never seem to win against them :lol: Valencia, Spartak Moscow this season and now tonight. The curse of Emery at its best.

Quite a feisty game this. Espanyol defender lucky to escape a red for that tackle on Costa.

Falcao scored the penalty. 1-0

Radamel Penalcao.. his 8th penalty in the league already.

Aguirre has really lit a fire under Espanyol's asses, I have to say. Atléti giving it their all to keep their perfect home record in the league

Why is Rob Palmer saying that penalty clearly wasn't over the line when it clearly was? I mean it couldn't be more obvious. What the feck?

OK. So first some post-Copa and pre-clasico news.

Tiago ended the semifinal with a broken arm and is out for two months.

Medel got a 3 match ban for his red card and post red reaction.

But for everyone who suspects that Diego Costa is not just a standard wind up merchant, a few words from the other Sevilla player who got a red, Kondogbia.
"Senor Costa. Next time keep the monkey noises to yourself."
Kondogbia's 4 match ban has been reduced to 2.

Real Madrid have been given carta blanca by their fans to send out the reserves on Saturday, the fan polls are running at 90% in favour of that approach.

Xavi has pulled a muscle and is out for tomorrow's match and borderline for the return leg against Milan.

Really hope Costa didn't do that. I like him, and he does seem to rile up almost every defender in la liga but it would be a shame if he resorted to doing something so horrible.

La Liga this weekend

Friday, 1 March 2013 UK times
Getafe v Real Zaragoza, 20:00

Saturday, 2 March 2013
Real Madrid v Barcelona, 15:00
Deportivo La Coruna v Rayo Vallecano, 17:00
Osasuna v Athletic Bilbao, 19:00
Valencia v Levante, 21:00

Sunday, 3 March 2013
Granada v Mallorca, 11:00
Espanyol v Valladolid, 16:00
Malaga v Atletico Madrid, 18:00