La Liga - 2012/2013

Rayo have no composure, it's sad.

It's the same when teams play Barca, teams get a clear chance to score but they are that worried they won't get another in the entire match that they panic like feck when it comes and mess up.

Christ, the way Ramos walks off, like it's all part of the day job. :lol:

He seems to enjoy getting red carded and likes the attention it brings.

Betis are missing Rubén Castro really badly, they've been in freefall since his injury.

I see the other payer acting like a cnut as well, matter of fact he should had a yellow for the elbow on pepe

Surely that was a shoulder? Didn't stop Pepe from clutching his face even though it was shoulder to shoulder.

Zidane. :mad:

Zouma is supposed to be equally good, btw.

Nah, think I read somewhere around these parts that he turned us down because we signed Jones before him and couldn't guarantee him first team games or something.

Never watched him but I do hear an awful lot. So hopefully, our summer CB recruit, which btw seems inevitable, is someone like one of these guys.

Somebody sent me a link to this, no idea who made it, but.:smirk:

tumblr_midss6qqcQ1qe1mz0o1_500.png

I don't understand why Rayo keep crossing the ball... it isn't working, but they persist anyway :wenger:

They won't.

On that note, it wouldn't even surprise me if Diego López already had more clean sheets than Casillas this season.

Odd isn't it - all those balls into the box tonight and I don't actually remember Lopez doing anything except deal with the odd backpass.

FT

Game sort of petered out....

Espanyol with another win, Aguirre miracle worker... only 1 defeat (away to Barça) in 11 league games under him so far.

La Liga's sprawled all over the weekend - with fixture dates taking into account last week's European matches and the midweek Copa del Rey semis (Barca-Madrid on Tuesday and Sevilla-Atletico on Wednesday)

From the BBC so all times are UK.
Friday, 22 February 2013
Athletic Bilbao v Real Sociedad, 20:30

Saturday, 23 February 2013
Mallorca v Getafe, 15:00
Real Zaragoza v Valencia, 17:00
Deportivo La Coruna v Real Madrid, 19:00
Barcelona v Sevilla, 21:00

Sunday, 24 February 2013
Rayo Vallecano v Valladolid, 11:00
Celta de Vigo v Granada, 16:00
Atletico Madrid v Espanyol, 18:00
Real Betis v Malaga, 20:00

Monday, 25 February 2013
Levante v Osasuna, 20:00

Deportivo are bottom of La Liga right now. Madrid travel without Benzema and Alonso (injured).

Sevilla will probably rest players with the Copa in mind. It'll be interesting to see who Barca rests, they may want to get the crowd (and team) psyched up and happy for Tuesday after their Milan match.

All in all, tonight's Basque derby is proably the top game of the weekend.

The last ever Basque derby at the old San Mamés... on a Friday night. I've seen one or two angry Basques venting towards the LFP for that one :lol: