La Liga - 2012/2013

Wow googled it and it looks impressive. Cheap at that cost compared to England.

They paid for it themselves ?

Wow googled it and it looks impressive. Cheap at that cost compared to England.

They paid for it themselves ?

Doubtful. The ownership belongs to the club itself, the Basque government, the provincial council of Bizcaya and a savings bank from the same region.

He's got a decent shot on him I have to say, he scored some screamers in last season's Europa League as well I believe.

no muniain? whats the story on him this season?

Out of form.

Rumours about transfer deals in the summer and rows with Bielsa, but the player himself says he's just upset with himself, because he knows he can play better. Probably a little from column A, a little from column B

Athletic 1 - 3 Real Sociedad. FT

That makes exactly 2 goals per game conceded by Bielsa's men this season... (50 in 25 league games). Last season they conceded 52 in total. :wenger:

That makes exactly 2 goals per game conceded by Bielsa's men this season... (50 in 25 league games). Last season they conceded 52 in total. :wenger:

Perhaps the team is destabilized? Martinez moving on (along with his transfer saga), Llorente not signing a new deal, Muniain having rows with Bielsa over transfers along with a chop-change back line (looks like alot of defenders with even starts/subs)

definately not the same team that beat us last season

Perhaps the team is destabilized? Martinez moving on (along with his transfer saga), Llorente not signing a new deal, Muniain having rows with Bielsa over transfers along with a chop-change back line (looks like alot of defenders with even starts/subs)

definately not the same team that beat us last season

Yeah there's a lot of internal mayhem going on, that's for sure -- typical of Bielsa and his strict adherence to his principles. That is bound to clash in today's football world.

Also, Iraizoz (the GK) has been in terrible form, he's always been erratic but he was a top keeper between 2008 and 2011 in my opinion. Iraola has been very poor as well which is a pity because he's a player I like and rate, a fine full-back. It's got a lot to do with their gung-ho nature that they're conceding so much, but also a lot of individual errors in midfield and on the flanks (especially Aurtenetxe's side).

The only ones that have come out with some credit are Aduriz (who absolutely carried them until the winter break), Susaeta and that young CB, Laporte. De Marcos, Ander and Muniain have been poor.

Bielsa knows how to set his team up offensively and it usually looks good but his sides are very naive. Chile was the same - explosive going forward but rather poor defensively which cost them a 3-0 loss against an ordinary Brazil team at the World Cup. He's the kind of manager that can bring you a 5-0 win against a good side and a 5-0 loss against underdogs the following week, there's just no consistency.

Bielsa knows how to set his team up offensively and it usually looks good but his sides are very naive. Chile was the same - explosive going forward but rather poor defensively which cost them a 3-0 loss against an ordinary Brazil team at the World Cup. He's the kind of manager that can bring you a 5-0 win against a good side and a 5-0 loss against underdogs the following week, there's just no consistency.

Yep, that and the Javi Martínez-shaped hole in front of their defense hasn't helped either.

Great comeback by Getafe.

Mallorca 1 - 3 Getafe. FT

Now Valencia at the Romareda, Canales starting. That seems like a century ago.

edit: and they've already given away a penalty in under 4 minutes :lol: oh, Valencia

So Madrid news then.

Benzema and Alonso didn't travel, and Varane dropped out of the squad today, all injured. The Alonso one is thought to be the most serious - it's pubalgia and he's been suffering for the past month, not the kind of injury that you should play through or rush but with the Copa and then us over the next two weeks - they probably will try to play him, even if his movement's restricted.

Ronaldo's on the bench - but that's probably just a rest.

They start with:
Diego López; Arbeloa, Pepe, Carvalho, Marcelo; Essien, Modric; Di María, Kaká, Callejón; Higuaín

Ramos is suspended after last week's red.

If Alonso plays in both the Copa Del Rey and El Clasico, i don't think he will be able to play against us. Hopefully they will be push to their limits for both games which they will playing against Barca while we put our feets up in midweek and then playing the reserves against Norwich

If Alonso plays in both the Copa Del Rey and El Clasico, i don't think he will be able to play against us. Hopefully they will be push to their limits for both games which they will playing against Barca while we put our feets up in midweek and then playing the reserves against Norwich

I would guess that they'll leave him out the Liga match even if he plays in the copa.

Leo Franco sent off (dunno what for)... Valencia are making a mess of this, with Málaga and Betis playing each other tomorrow they should really have wrapped the 3 points up here.

Zaragoza score the winner on 90+3'.... but it's disallowed for a foul on Diego Alves.

Riazor is the only La Liga stadium where Ronaldo didn't score yet I think.

Deportivo have been absolutely atrocious this season. It'd be surprising if they didn't concede, as they have the worst defensive record in La Liga.

Di Maria's there. In fact everyone with something to prove is there. Which might work.

Incidentally this is a bad ground for Madrid, one win in their last 20 matches there.

Very close offside call in Madrid's favor there. Could have gone either way.

Hard to believe Ronaldo finally gets a rest. Looks like they've finally officially given up on La Liga then.