La Liga - 2012/2013

Great reactions to Villa's return and goal - delighted for him.

Out of interest: do the Barca fans sing any songs/chants? Seems they use the same tone regardless of whether they are chanting "Messi... Messi..." or "Pedro... Pedro..." or "Villa... Villa..." :D

"Imposible sin vosotras"

Nice touch from Villa there, paying tribute to his family and then the medical staff. Can see why he's so well liked within the club.

Out of interest: do the Barca fans sing any songs/chants? Seems they use the same tone regardless of whether they are chanting "Messi... Messi..." or "Pedro... Pedro..." or "Villa... Villa..." :D

most of la liga chants are very boring, now they are using some argentinians songs, but even them they sing them in a boring tone

Now I know why Barcelona didn't want Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.

The atmosphere in most Spanish stadiums is awful compared to the English ones.
Is that a N American (Americas) word as I've always known it as 'tache', and we obviously invented it.

Stash is rather annoying, sorry.

Dunno mate, have seen both abbreviations used to be honest.

1313h.jpg

Can't stop laughing at Villa's t-shirt, mainly because on my grainy video it looked like Messi

most of la liga chants are very boring, now they are using some argentinians songs, but even them they sing them in a boring tone

TBF they at least manage to clap along to the club song when it's played at the end; and get a downbeat We Will Rock You-esqe rhythm going to free-kicks :p

Also congrats to Barca on winning the league back on the first day :wenger:

Madrid very lucky. Perfectly good Soldado goal chalked off, would have taken all 3 points

Luck has nothing to do with it

Good match but coasted in the 2nd half as they are prepping for the Super Cup.

David VeeYa!
untitled-2hookm.gif

villa shirt had a picture of his wife and two daughters and said "Imposible without you"

Call me miserable but I find these weekly undergarment tributes and messages to be very tedious, he had a freaking injury for Christ's sake. If the message has a real purpose, like for someone who has died then fair enough but lets be sensible here.

Yeah JakeC made a stupid point, but personally I don't see the need of acting like a dick towards him on the last page. It's ok people have opinions(although Burrow's photoshop is excellent).

David VeeYa!
untitled-2hookm.gif

Someone should mute you 24 hours after each and every Barcelona match, so that we can rant in peace. :smirk:

Call me miserable but I find these weekly undergarment tributes and messages to be very tedious, he had a freaking injury for Christ's sake. If the message has a real purpose, like for someone who has died then fair enough but lets be sensible here.

Me as well but I understand that their culture is a bit different. Family is on another level over there. Ronaldo lives with I don't know how many family members. Something I could not do. So I've got no problem with it. It's a bit like Americans crying on reality TV.

Nice that he scored. Very good striker. Likable fellow as well.

Barcelona were very good in this match. I wasn't able to watch the whole 90 minutes with perfect attention but they were more fun to watch than in these kind of games in recent years. It felt more like a normal football match with one team much better than the other instead of "Über-Barcelona against humans" if you get my drift. Some lovely football as well at times from Real Sociedad but too bad for them that they were up against Messi an co. who on a good day will score 5 goals out of their 6-10 chances in a match. Most teams won't do that.

Montanier has done a marvelous job with Sociedad, has to be said. The Basques were relentless and created a number of good chances themselves - I liked their approach

It has purpose for him though, who are we to say that we went through didn't warrant a public tribute message to his family ? We don't know what exactly went through in his life during his injury so I think it's extremely arrogant and ignorant to criticize that gesture

Pepe went to hospital at halftime, following the collision with Casillas. He's in for 24 hours observation and scans, which makes it sound like a concussion - if that's confirmed he'll be out of action for a couple of weeks.

More worrying still, if Marca is right, he was transferred to the ICU during the night and was being given additional oxygen. Hopefully that was just precautionary as well.

It was some clash of heads. Surprised that Casillas stayed on the pitch and more surprised that Valencia didn't lob that corner right in on top of him just before half-time.

Sociedad are Basque? Had no clue. I thought it was only Bilbao
Indeed, although they didn’t share the same player transfer rules as Bilbao. They were allowed sign foreign players. But all their Spanish players had to be Basque

Pepe went to hospital at halftime, following the collision with Casillas. He's in for 24 hours observation and scans, which makes it sound like a concussion - if that's confirmed he'll be out of action for a couple of weeks.

More worrying still, if Marca is right, he was transferred to the ICU during the night and was being given additional oxygen. Hopefully that was just precautionary as well.

Long overdue for Pepe's brain to receive some oxygen ;)

Real Madrid's medical bulletin describes Pepe as, "stable with a good level of consciousness," and says that he'll be having additional scans and tests today.

Sociedad are Basque? Had no clue. I thought it was only Bilbao

Yub. Xabi is Basque and came from Sociedad. They aren't strict with transfers like Bilbao.

I think Alaves is a Basque club as well but they have fallen from the La Liga limelight.

It has purpose for him though, who are we to say that we went through didn't warrant a public tribute message to his family ? We don't know what exactly went through in his life during his injury so I think it's extremely arrogant and ignorant to criticize that gesture

I think that it is arrogant of Villa to feel the need to publicise his great struggle of being a multi millionaire superstar footballer with a broken leg. If that is the worst thing that happens to him in his life then he is a very lucky man. However, I do take your point that it is ultimately harmless and irrelevant but I just can't find it in me to care about David Villa's broken leg.

David VeeYa!
untitled-2hookm.gif

:lol: You Barca fans on this forum don't do your club any favours.

I think that it is arrogant of Villa to feel the need to publicise his great struggle of being a multi millionaire superstar footballer with a broken leg. If that is the worst thing that happens to him in his life then he is a very lucky man. However, I do take your point that it is ultimately harmless and irrelevant but I just can't find it in me to care about David Villa's broken leg.

How the f do you even know its just about his broken leg? Ridiculous comments.

Hope Pepe will be fine - twat that he is.

I'm sure Barca aren't too heart-broken that it looks like he'll miss the Super Cup - Messi's fingers might be safe for 90 minutes at least.

How the f do you even know its just about his broken leg? Ridiculous comments.

"It has been a difficult time and it is nice to be back," Villa told Spanish television with a big grin.

"I am pleased to be able to say I can forget about the injury now. I have had five weeks training at the maximum level but my body still struggles to reach the levels necessary to play more minutes.

"I'll keep on working until I can eventually play a full game again."

I can't find any suggestion anywhere that says anything else. I defend my right not to care about David Villa's broken leg and to get annoyed by the endless t-shirt messages and tributes that we are subjected to these days.

Barça play their annual Gamper match against Sampdoria in honour of their Suisse roots tonight :D

In general these are a lot like preseason matches or friendlies but it's also an occasion to see some of the much talked about youth players. 16 cantera players are called up for this match, including Deulofeu, Dongou and Grimaldo