La Liga - 2012/2013

Mourinho's just fallen off the floodlight.

I look forward to the day this Barca dominance starts to fade away. This is boring. Can't wait for the Dortmund game to start.

This Barca side in all honesty has been dominating La Liga for a great deal of time now in spite of Real Madrid winning la liga last season. I do not understand why you turned the match on in the first place if all you are waiting to see is a Barcelona loss.

messi scored for the 10th game in a row

some kind of record

10 La Liga games in a row*

He did that last season too btw; he holds the record together with 2 other Barça players; Mariano Martin in the 40s and Ronaldo 1996/97. Now he's repeated it.

This Barca side in all honesty has been dominating La Liga for a great deal of time now in spite of Real Madrid winning la liga last season. I do not understand why you turned the match on in the first place if all you are waiting to see is a Barcelona loss.

Because the PL games ended at 10.30 pm my time and the Dortmund game doesn't start until 11.00....I changed to the Blackpool game which started at 10.50. Happy?

I am waiting for their dominance to fade away, not for them to lose.

Somehow I don't see Real Sociedad getting much out of this tonight.
Just a guess.

Because the PL games ended at 10.30 pm my time and the Dortmund game doesn't start until 11.00....I changed to the Blackpool game which started at 10.50. Happy?

I am waiting for their dominance to fade away, not for them to lose.

In that case, you must be a Real Madrid supporter since there are really only two teams that can realistically win La Liga and if Barca fade away, then Real will most likely win it. However, as long as Athletico are still there, it makes me happy...:D

so he ties the record?

Yeah. Last season he had:

1) 5-1 v Valencia (H): 4 goals
2) 2-1 v Atlético (A): 1 goal
*) 3-1 v Sporting (H): did not play, suspended
3) 2-0 v Racing (A): 2 goals
4) 2-0 v Sevilla (A): 1 goal
5) 5-3 v Granada (H): 3 goals, 1 assist
6) 2-0 v Mallorca (A): 1 goal
7) 2-0 v Athletic (H): 1 goal, 1 assist
8) 4-1 v Zaragoza (A): 2 goals, 1 assist
9) 4-0 v Getafe (H): 1 goal, 2 assists
10) 2-1 v Levante (A): 2 goals

= 18 goals in 10 consecutive games

So far, this season he has:

1) 4-2 v Mallorca (A): 2 goals
2) 3-1 v Zaragoza (H): 2 goals, 1 assist
3) 4-0 v Levante (A): 2 goals
4) 5-1 v Athletic (H): 2 goals
5) 2-1 v Betis (A): 2 goals
6) 4-1 v Atlético (H): 2 goals
7) 3-1 v Valladolid (A): 1 goal
8) 4-0 v Espanyol (H): 1 goal, 1 assist
9) 3-1 v Málaga (A): 1 goal, 2 assists
10) 2-0* v Real Sociedad (A): 1 goal

= 16 goals in 10 consecutive games (*on-going)

Good game this .. Barca are playing some beautiful stuff, Sociedad have their tails up with that goal though.

Did someone just switch shirts with Messi at half time..? why can't they do that after the match.

Messi now only 5 goals away from equalling Cristiano's career club total, if anyone cares

Messi now only 5 goals away from equalling Cristiano's career club total, if anyone cares

I have it as Messi playing his 360th game and scored his 293rd goal. Cristiano has played 496 matches and scored 297. A difference of 4 goals. I suppose it doesn't really matter in any case. Messi with a gpg ratio of 0.81 and Ronaldo with 0.51 for career goals without internationals of course. For information, Alan Shearer managed a 0.51 gpg ratio through his career and big Ronaldo has a 0.70 gpg average.

Barcelona have been very average this match. Misplaced more passes than usual.

For once, I am going to disagree with you marcos. When Kaka committed a foul and then he received a yellow card for stopping a free-kick from being taken quickly, it was justified. Pique did the same and he deliberately tripped up an opposition player, for me, it was justified.

you are right, of course, but it wouldnt have been outrageous if the ref didnt book pique for the foul

barcelona having a very difficult moment now

you are right, of course, but it wouldnt have been outrageous if the ref didnt book pique for the foul

barcelona having a very difficult moment now

I think the referee remembered the backchat from Pique after he received his first yellow. If he had accepted it then, he might, just might have stayed on but he made it difficult for himself.