La Liga - 2012/2013

Are Sociedad a bit of a bogey team for Barca? I don't watch La Liga as regularly as I used to, but it seems to me that Barcelona's 'shock defeats' seem to come against them a lot.

Are Sociedad a bit of a bogey team for Barca? I don't watch La Liga as regularly as I used to, but it seems to me that Barcelona's 'shock defeats' seem to come against them a lot.

Yes, at their stadium anyway.

Guardiola/Vilanova era results at the Anoeta stadium:

2010/11: 1-2 defeat (after going 1-0 up on 29')
2011/12: 2-2 draw (after going 2-0 up on 11')
2012/13: 2-3 defeat (after going 2-0 up on 25')

Málaga take the lead against Celta, scrappy goal by Demichelis after Santa Cruz fluffs his shot.

After the match Pique tweeted:
Temporada 12-13: 7 faltas cometidas, 5 amarillas y 1 roja

That's
2012-2013 season: 7 fouls committed, 5 yellows and 1 red

I guess he's feeling a little persecuted.

I think it's really a joke how card happy Spanish refs are at times.

What would happen if for nor weekend all PL games would be officiated by Spanish refs, I predict at least 3 sendings off per game.

After the match Pique tweeted:
Temporada 12-13: 7 faltas cometidas, 5 amarillas y 1 roja

That's
2012-2013 season: 7 fouls committed, 5 yellows and 1 red

I guess he's feeling a little persecuted.

Tbf if that stat is true, then it looks like a bit ridiculous. Deserved a red today though.

Barca were poor today, obviously.

Not really, they looked good at the start and then got complacent after they went two up.

Real Sociedad kept going though and after they got a goal back they started to get some momentum going whereas Barca never really got theirs back.

Hardly surprising really, 11 points ahead of Atletico and an 18 point cushion over Madrid. You can forgive them for having one eye on the next (cup) match once they'd taken the lead.

Tbf if that stat is true, then it looks like a bit ridiculous. Deserved a red today though.

Not necessarily. 2 yellow cards and 1 red today. You say it was deserved. That's 3 yellow cards left to decipher. Not that crazy. He's usually guilty of a yellow worthy professional foul. Tripping or tugging a guy that has just gotten past him.

What an end to the Málaga - Celta game... Willy Caballero has been the most outstanding keeper in Europe this season for me. So many one-on-one saves.

And that Manuel Iturra was a brilliant signing out of nowhere by wily old fox Pellegrini.

Not necessarily. 2 yellow cards and 1 red today. You say it was deserved. That's 3 yellow cards left to decipher. Not that crazy. He's usually guilty of a yellow worthy professional foul. Tripping or tugging a guy that has just gotten past him.

I don't think there's anything suspicious going on like Piqué seems to imply, but it is quite an unusual ratio of card/foul... 5 yellows for 7 fouls. There are some players who can make more fouls in one game before getting their 1st yellow :smirk:

It's all a matter of context and you have to analyse each of Pique's 5 yellows to draw any conclusion. The second yellow tonight for example was merited.

It's all a matter of context and you have to analyse each of Pique's 5 yellows to draw any conclusion. The second yellow tonight for example was merited.

Yep, if all seven fouls were clearly yellows then there is no complaint. He only has to make tackles/foul players when there is a desperate need because of Barcelona's dominance so it doesn't surprise me that his card/foul ratio is so high. A team that makes more tackles will probably have a much lower ratio.

What an end to the Málaga - Celta game... Willy Caballero has been the most outstanding keeper in Europe this season for me. So many one-on-one saves.
And that Manuel Iturra was a brilliant signing out of nowhere by wily old fox Pellegrini.

Aye, consistently impressive, last season too.

Yes, at their stadium anyway.

Guardiola/Vilanova era results at the Anoeta stadium:

2010/11: 1-2 defeat (after going 1-0 up on 29')
2011/12: 2-2 draw (after going 2-0 up on 11')
2012/13: 2-3 defeat (after going 2-0 up on 25')

Mmm, thought so, cheers. Is there any particular reason for it, or just coincidence?

I'm trying to take my mind off the Spurs game. So, Valencia vs. RM up next. Two quality teams - hoping for a good game.

Valencia - Madrid will be

Alves; Ricardo Costa, Rami, Víctor Ruiz, Guardado; Banega, Gago, Tino Costa; Piatti, Soldado y Jonás.

Vs

Casillas; Arbeloa, Albiol, Varane, Coentrao; Khedira, Alonso; Di María, Özil, Cristiano; e Higuaín.

How many games is Ramos still suspended after this one? 2? Cup games count aswell don't they?

He's back in February.

The plan for Marcelo and Pepe in supposed to be, "in time for the champions league"

Meanwhile, just let me say: Pasta and Paprika chicken washed down with cava is good prep for a Sunday night TV match. :D