La Liga - 2012/2013

Barcelona played well and Malaga showed plenty of quality. Entertaining fare, but something I dip in and out of rather than watch Barcelona frequently given how much of a procession it has been during the last five seasons.

1358111758899.gif

Iniesta is good at dribbling, but Messi is just what the feck... :eek: :lol:

OptaJose ‏@OptaJose

472 - Only Joaquín (543) and Messi (953) have completed more successful dribbles than Iniesta in La Liga in the last 10 seasons.

barca looks like they'll walk to a double atleast if not the treble.

league is wrapped up no matter what anyone says. The cups are always up for grabs because of their knock-out phases though. Barcelona might be the best team in Spain but they could easily be dumped out by an inferior team on the day.

The reason most people watch any sport is to see competition. When there is no competition, it becomes boring. It may be different for a fan, but most neutrals would prefer to see a competitive league/game, rather than one where the outcome is clear from the outset. That's why teh CL and the cup competitions are more exciting and interesting than just leagues where only one team will dominate in the end.

The reason most people watch any sport is to see competition. When there is no competition, it becomes boring. It may be different for a fan, but most neutrals would prefer to see a competitive league/game, rather than one where the outcome is clear from the outset. That's why teh CL and the cup competitions are more exciting and interesting than just leagues where only one team will dominate in the end.

Are you talking here on behalf of the "people"?? :lol: I guess nobody is watching La Liga then..

And the second bolded part, :wenger: .

I don't understand how people can't enjoy watching the best side in the world play football.

This weekend I watched.

Barcelona vs Malaga
Athletico vs Deportivo
Osasuna vs Real
Man Utd vs Liverpool
Arsenal vs Man City
QPR vs Spurs

The best game of the weekend by far in terms of football played and just generally how captivating the game was was Barcelona vs Malaga. It was much closer than 3-1 would suggest and both sides played some excellent football.

United/Liverpool was close but it was an average game in terms of football played, there were few chances and actual good play.

City/Arsenal was ruined by the sending off and City won without ever playing any decent football.

Athletico/Depor was a procession. Depor never looked like getting anything.

Osasuna/Real was entertainining in so far as I really wanted Real to not win and they didn't but the game itself wasn't good and very little good football was played.

QPR vs Spurs was absolute shit on a stick.

I would love to see United dominate the PL as easily as Barca does in their league.I couldn't give a feck about the boring element of it, the lack of competition or whatever.

I would love to see United dominate the PL as easily as Barca does in their league.I couldn't give a feck about the boring element of it, the lack of competition or whatever.

I think there's dominating a league like United did from 99-01 and then there's being 3-0 after 20 mins in the majority of your games.

I think there's dominating a league like United did from 99-01 and then there's being 3-0 after 20 mins in the majority of your games.

1- Barcelona didn't go 3-0 ahead after 20 mins in the majority of their games.

2- If they did, how is that boring? How many teams have you seen in your life that can do that?

Barcelona will most probably go down in the history books as one of the greatest football teams ever, and Messi will most probably do down in the history books as one of the greatest footballers ever.. If you don't want to watch them play it's your call. But it's ridiculous for you to think that the majority of people agree with you..

I don't understand how people can't enjoy watching the best side in the world play football.

This weekend I watched.

Barcelona vs Malaga
Athletico vs Deportivo
Osasuna vs Real
Man Utd vs Liverpool
Arsenal vs Man City
QPR vs Spurs

The best game of the weekend by far in terms of football played and just generally how captivating the game was was Barcelona vs Malaga. It was much closer than 3-1 would suggest and both sides played some excellent football.

United/Liverpool was close but it was an average game in terms of football played, there were few chances and actual good play.

City/Arsenal was ruined by the sending off and City won without ever playing any decent football.

Athletico/Depor was a procession. Depor never looked like getting anything.

Osasuna/Real was entertainining in so far as I really wanted Real to not win and they didn't but the game itself wasn't good and very little good football was played.

QPR vs Spurs was absolute shit on a stick.

Exactly. Which is why I said football came in third this weekend. Despite it being Super Sunday there was little quality and excitement in the PL this weekend. It wasn't a dig at Barcelona. I didn't even see the game. People who frequent this thread should know better from me.

Barcelona rarely do that anyway.Even if it was possible, I wouldn't give a feck honestly.Imagine destroying the likes of City, Chelsea ... Do you think it would be 'unfair' on them ? I'd say feck them all

1- Barcelona didn't go 3-0 ahead after 20 mins in the majority of their games.

2- If they did, how is that boring? How many teams have you seen in your life that can do that?

Barcelona will most probably go down in the history books as the greatest football team ever, and Messi will most probably do down in the history books as the greatest footballer ever.. If you don't want to watch them play it's your call. But it's ridiculous for you to think that the majority of people agree with you..

Fixed... Barca already is (quite easily) one of the best ever, and so is Messi. The question is will they go down as the very best team/player of all time. For team I think they still need to win another champions league title, and maybe retain it to go down as the best team of all time. Messi though will be best ever, no doubt about it.

Last night Espanyol 3 2 Mallorca

Saturday, 19 January 2013 (from the BBC so all times are UK
Granada v Rayo Vallecano, 15:00
Real Sociedad v Barcelona, 17:00
Getafe v Sevilla, 19:00
Malaga v Celta de Vigo, 21:00

Sunday, 20 January 2013
Osasuna v Deportivo La Coruna, 11:00
Valladolid v Real Zaragoza, 16:00
Atletico Madrid v Levante, 18:00
Valencia v Real Madrid, 20:00

Monday, 21 January 2013
Real Betis v Athletic Bilbao, 20:30

Valencia - Madrid is likely to be the grudge match of the weekend, following Valencia's anger with the ref on Tuesday night. Two underperforming teams and this Liga match falls between the two legs of the Copa. For those following the Real(ity show) Madrid saga, the other news from this game will be who's in goal Casillas or Adan, and the ultimate headline maker, will Mourinho drop Ronaldo for answering back. :D

I find Barca boring. I appreciate the level of technical ability required to play the kind of football they do but as a neutral it gets way to boring to watch one side dominate the ball to a ridiculous extent while the other side are content as long as they don't get thrashed. This is why I prefer watching Real Madrid play than Barca, the game is a lot more competitive even if the scorelines aren't.

I find Barca boring. I appreciate the level of technical ability required to play the kind of football they do but as a neutral it gets way to boring to watch one side dominate the ball to a ridiculous extent while the other side are content as long as they don't get thrashed. This is why I prefer watching Real Madrid play than Barca, the game is a lot more competitive even if the scorelines aren't.

Pretty much.

The idea that watching the best team in the world is somehow more entertaining than watching a good tight game is completely alien to me. Watching Barcelona now and then is great, but I'd much rather watch Bradford in the league cup this year than a Barce game. You get much more emotional resonance

I'd be delighted if we were so dominant though, wouldn't be boring to me then and i certainly wouodn't complain about our opponents seeing so little of the ball.

I'd be delighted if we were so dominant though, wouldn't be boring to me then and i certainly wouodn't complain about our opponents seeing so little of the ball.

Well yeah I have a massive affinity for my club, so obviously I'd find it exciting if we were this good.

But I don't support Barcelona. I feel nothing for them. I actually think it's horrendous how they screw over the other teams in the league.

There are times when they're not only crushingly strong, they're also mesmerising - the first half against Arsenal a couple of years back, or the 5-0 against Madrid for example.

Other times, I'll watch them play and once they get the second goal I stop watching. It can look like halfway between a training session and a Harlem Globetrotters game - either way, it's not something I want to see every week. I don't mind watching the 5 minutes of highlights afterwards - or the Messi Show featuring Iniesta as it's generally known.

That said, last week's 0-3 win over Malaga didn't really do Malaga or the match justice, it was a much better competition than that.

With Madrid, you never know quite what you're going to see - anything from dire upwards, and even a two goal lead doesn't mean it's over.

Well yeah I have a massive affinity for my club, so obviously I'd find it exciting if we were this good.

But I don't support Barcelona. I feel nothing for them. I actually think it's horrendous how they screw over the other teams in the league.

Watch another la liga team then.

1st ever goal at Anoeta by Messi... also in recent years I don't think Barça have won at Sociedad... 2-2 draw and 1-2 loss I seem to recall.

I had a feeling he was going to score shortly after that miss. He did something similar against Betis (I think) for his 91st goal of the year, he missed a sitter, then seconds later scored a beauty.

I look forward to the day this Barca dominance starts to fade away. This is boring. Can't wait for the Dortmund game to start.