Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your assessment is completely valid.
Them doing it will be still as you put it "wild".
They'd be better of skipping on this window and go for quality options instead in my opinion.
I think they have been skipping a lot with past summer window. The Mbappe dream is what keeping the fan at bay. This year Vinicius improvement on the pitch has been a huge surprise. But they're running bare in both playing quality and commercial attraction for Perez's liking. Highly likely Perez would have to go rampage for available big names if Mbappe not coming.

Last edited:
I think they have been skipping a lot with past summer window. The Mbappe dream is what keeping the fan at ease. This year Vinicius improvement on the pitch has been a huge surprise. But they're running bare in both playing quality and commercial attraction for Perez's liking. Highly likely Perez would have to go rampage for available big names if Mbappe not coming.
Would be interesting to see what happens , I always thought perez learned from his first galactico era mistakes but we'll find out soon enough.

Months ago there was already a tweet about a gigantic offer to renew two years.I think Le Parisien was the source in that occasion
Interesting, thanks. It sounds like an extraordinary amount of money but I guess that club has a bottomless money pit.

Unless he gets 1.5m a week as a wage on top, that's a pretty poor signing on fee considering he's easily worth 200m (signed for psg for 160m).

Either way, great bit of business for Madrid this, younger than Ronaldo when he signed for them.

I thought Madrid was announcing the signed contract at the end of March? Bizarre...

:lol:

Unless he gets 1.5m a week as a wage on top, that's a pretty poor signing on fee considering he's easily worth 200m (signed for psg for 160m).

Either way, great bit of business for Madrid this, younger than Ronaldo when he signed for them.

is he as good as Ronaldo was though?

is he as good as Ronaldo was though?
CR7 won a Ballon d'Or at the same age, but despite that I think currently Mbappe is a better player than that CR7 in 2008, people can debate about it, but regardless he's absolutely in that neighborhood.

Can he stay as healthy as CR7 throughout his career is the bigger question for me. It's kind of mind-boggling with the sort of rough treatment CR7 went through just how much of an iron man he's been in his career. If Mbappe manages to replicate that kind of fitness, then he's got everything to match or surpass CR7, but that kind of luck with injuries is just rare and is a big part why he and Messi have also been able to break all of these records besides their ridiculous abilities.

CR7 won a Ballon d'Or at the same age, but despite that I think currently Mbappe is a better player than that CR7 in 2008, people can debate about it, but regardless he's absolutely in that neighborhood.

Sorry but there is no way. In 49 games Ronaldo scored 42 goals and got 8 assists. in 41 games so far Mbappe has 33 goals and 22 assists. The stats look pretty similar with Mbappe edging out on assists but PSG are by far the best team in France and the league is far inferior to what the PL was in 2008. United were the best team in the PL but not by much.

That season, Ronaldo was the best player in PL history in any season. He was unplayable.

Ronaldo won the CL that season with some massive goals including a goal in the CL final. Take away stats and Ronaldo was more electric and exciting to watch than Mbappe is.

I don't even think Mbappe is the best player in the world now. 2008 Ronaldo would be the current best player in the world. Do you really think Mbappe is better than the best season player in PL history?

Last edited:

Can he stay as healthy as CR7 throughout his career is the bigger question for me. It's kind of mind-boggling with the sort of rough treatment CR7 went through just how much of an iron man he's been in his career. If Mbappe manages to replicate that kind of fitness, then he's got everything to match or surpass CR7, but that kind of luck with injuries is just rare and is a big part why he and Messi have also been able to break all of these records besides their ridiculous abilities.
Come on man, be reasonable, no way mbappe is on a similar level to ronnie in 08 , he's atheist a tier below that level maybe more.
Can he reach or exceed those levels? Absolutely but right now he isn't close.
Ronnie 08 performance is one of the best in the entire history, it's a barometer to measure other performances, no shame in not being as good.

This is truly an absurd statement. 2008 was one of the best seasons Ronaldo ever had and Ronaldo is one of the best attacking players who ever lived.

That is coming from someone who thinks Mbappe is brilliant but he still plays in a one team league every week.

Just when I thought Mbappe couldn’t be more overrated.

Not gonna quote everybody, because you're all essentially saying the same thing. I'm standing by what I say, CR7 was a goalscoring machine in '08 and still has less contributions than Mbappe over the season (with Mbappe still having games to play).

PSG may be the 'best' team in France, it's a far more dysfunctional side than United was in '08. Also give me a break about the Premier League, which has always been filled with garbage teams at the time that United and CR7 feasted on (and he got the flat-track bully criticism until he started scoring the big goals in the CL). Most of the PL's teams are as poor as any other league out there, and that's where CR7 got most of his goals from that season. If I remember right, he only had something like 3 goals against the top 4 sides that season.

PSG didn't even get to feast on the weak opponents this season (outside of their last two games) because they have been an absolute mess under Pochettino, and despite that Mbappe has been far more impactful his goals were worth more to PSG's success than CR7's were to United's, especially with Messi and Neymar not pulling their weight.
CR7 didn't even get to the amount of goals Mbappe has now in the CL until the age of 27. I get he's a legend and everything, but you're way off if you think Mbappe isn't at least as good as he was then, I actually think it's insulting to Mbappe, not the other way around.

At 23 years old, I can say CR7 was a superior header and taker of free-kicks, everything else I'm siding with Mbappe over him, speed, finishing, intelligence, passing, dribbling is debatable I guess.

Last edited:
Not gonna quote everybody, because you're all essentially saying the same thing. I'm standing by what I say, CR7 was a goalscoring machine in '08 and still has less contributions than Mbappe over the season (with Mbappe still having games to play).

PSG may be the 'best' team in France, it's a far more dysfunctional side than United was in '08. Also give me a break about the Premier League, which has always been filled with garbage teams at the time that United and CR7 feasted on (and he got the flat-track bully criticism until he started scoring the big goals in the CL). Most of the PL's teams are as poor as any other league out there, and that's where CR7 got most of his goals from that season. If I remember right, he only had something like 3 goals against the top 4 sides that season.

PSG didn't even get to feast on the weak opponents this season (outside of their last two games) because they have been an absolute mess under Pochettino, and despite that Mbappe has been far more impactful his goals were worth more to PSG's success than CR7's were to United's, especially with Messi and Neymar not pulling their weight.
CR7 didn't even get to the amount of goals Mbappe has now in the CL until the age of 27. I get he's a legend and everything, but you're way off if you think Mbappe isn't at least as good as he was then, I actually think it's insulting to Mbappe, not the other way around.

At 23 years old, I can say CR7 was a superior header and taker of free-kicks, everything else I'm siding with Mbappe over him, speed, finishing, intelligence, passing, dribbling is debatable I guess.
I understand the comparison although I believe Ronaldo was better at the same age at least that season.

But the view on the PL is rubbish. Absolutely elite league at that time. Probably stronger than it is today. And no comparison with the French league which miles below.

Nonsense. And guess what, no one will care to seriously debate about it, its dumb debate, as if saying Salah is better than Messi at same age.

07 Ronaldo was better than Mbappe never mind 08

Go get some sleep, you don't know what you talking about.

Here's Ronaldo at 07-08 season, easily far better than Mbappe in every possible sense, maybe Mbappe could only match him in pace, thats about it.

Come on man, I know you have your biases and are standing up for your boy and I'll assume countrymen but there simply is no comparison, they don't operate on the same level.
And also your point about pl is absurd, that year pl had 3 out of the 4 finalists, and also did the following year and frankly that one should have been an all English final as well.
French league at its best is much more comparable to the Portuguese league than it has been to pl at any point .
Mbappe has really came to his own this year though so I give you that.

Mbappe isn’t as good as 07/08 Ronaldo.

Not even close. Ronaldo played out on the right in a 442 which I think gets forgotten a lot.

This is the problem now, young p

Sorry but there is no way. In 49 games Ronaldo scored 42 goals and got 8 assists. in 41 games so far Mbappe has 33 goals and 22 assists. The stats look pretty similar with Mbappe edging out on assists but PSG are by far the best team in France and the league is far inferior to what the PL was in 2008. United were the best team in the PL but not by much.

That season, Ronaldo was the best player in PL history in any season. He was unplayable.

Ronaldo won the CL that season with some massive goals including a goal in the CL final. Take away stats and Ronaldo was more electric and exciting to watch than Mbappe is.

I don't even think Mbappe is the best player in the world now. 2008 Ronaldo would be the current best player in the world. Do you really think Mbappe is better than the best season player in PL history?
Fully agreed. Do you prefer a young Ronaldo or young Mbappe? Easy choice

Here's Ronaldo at 07-08 season, easily far better than Mbappe in every possible sense, maybe Mbappe could only match him in pace, thats about it.

Most of the takes here are way over the top. While I do think that 07-08 Ronaldo was better than Mbappé as a goal scorer, he was not superior in "every possible sense", or it is not "not even close".

First off Mbappé had a bad start to his season, it's way better since december and he averages 1 goal per game so stats aren't really relevant to assess his current level. Also, PSG plays like shit and had to integrate Messi.

Second, Mbappé is a far better passer at 23 than Ronaldo ever was, his football IQ is also higher than the 08 Ronaldo

That being said, Ronaldo's long distance strikes, free kicks, heading ability and finishing/movements in the box puts him on top as an attacker.

Most of the takes here are way over the top. While I do think that 07-08 Ronaldo was better than Mbappé as a goal scorer, he was not superior in "every possible sense", or it is not "not even close".

First off Mbappé had a bad start to his season, it's way better since december and he averages 1 goal per game so stats aren't really relevant to assess his current level. Also, PSG plays like shit and had to integrate Messi.

Second, Mbappé is a far better passer at 23 than Ronaldo ever was, his football IQ is also higher than the 08 Ronaldo

That being said, Ronaldo's long distance strikes, free kicks, heading ability and finishing/movements in the box puts him on top as an attacker.

08 Ronaldo is levels above current Mbappe. Imagine that Ronaldo playing in Ligue1. No shame in it

And he is doing this in a top league which is a big difference, he also led his team to the Champions League. Just a ridiculous comment allround.

I really hope Mbappe goes to Madrid otherwise we may never know just how gritty the mustard actually is. Or isn’t.

Ronaldo in 08 became a goal machine, the season before was for a lot of United fans their favourite season. He was a lot more about providing the team, 23 goals and 22 assists. Ronaldo was capable of being a great passer and had a very high football IQ, but just came back one summer and decided to score and score and score.

So in 06/07 he was better than Mbappe in most things. In 08 he decided to be the best player in the world.

What IQ does Mbappe have when he can’t play CF, can’t really score from distance or doesn’t have space to run in to?
If Mbappe was Better than Ronaldo then he should win the Balon Dor this season, it’s that simple. He would be miles in front of the rest

And he is doing this in a top league which is a big difference, he also led his team to the Champions League. Just a ridiculous comment allround.

Yeah, a top league where Chelsea scored 103 goals the season after Ronaldo left. The league being better doesn't necessarily means it's always easier to score, especially for a player like Mbappé. I'm pretty sure Messi would testify. Also, Mbappé's record in the CL shows that this argument is pretty much irrelevant since he's pretty much breaking all the age records in this competition and scored boatloads of goals against top teams.

I trust my own eyes, having watched all Ronaldo's game back then and Mbappé's for years which is obviously not the case for many posters here who only watch CL games and a couple of Ligue 1 games a year. Ronaldo was better for the reasons I mentionned, but he wasn't miles above.

What IQ does Mbappe have when he can’t play CF, can’t really score from distance or doesn’t have space to run in to?
If Mbappe was Better than Ronaldo then he should win the Balon Dor this season, it’s that simple. He would be miles in front of the rest

Wow, there's pretty much not a single valid point in this message. What does playing CF or shooting from distance has to do with football IQ? Bar the fact that Ronaldo never was able to play CF either.... Nice friendly fire.
Also, you do realise that, in order to win the ballon d'or, you need a team that plays proper football right? PSG was terrible this season, the team is totally unbalanced, the midfield sucks, Mbappé isn't playing alone, this is absurd.

Last edited:
Some clips to catch up, that's in 4 months :

For the most part in these clips, which you are forgetting, are in Ligue 1. The competition is not even comparable to the 2008 PL. Ligue 1 is a terrible league for quality compared to the 2008 PL.

The most Ligue 1 goals Mbappe scored were 33, he is on 27 now. Zlatan scored 38 league goals at PSG in a season and Cavani scored 35. If 2008 Ronaldo played in Ligue 1 he would have a 50 goal season.

For the most part in these clips, which you are forgetting, are in Ligue 1. The competition is not even comparable to the 2008 PL. Ligue 1 is a terrible league for quality compared to the 2008 PL.

The most Ligue 1 goals Mbappe scored were 33, he is on 27 now. Zlatan scored 38 league goals at PSG in a season and Cavani scored 35. If 2008 Ronaldo played in Ligue 1 he would have a 50 goal season.

This "argument" is pretty exhausting, especially when used repetedly by Ronaldo or Messi fans. Well, Messi fan's don't anymore... Are we to dismiss any accomplishement from Mbappé just because he plays in ligue 1? This is pretty much as shallow as saying "meh, farmer's league, he's overrated".

Mbappé also scores tons of goals against top teams in the CL, so what's the excuse then?

Ligue 1 isn't a terrible league defensively, it actually produces more top level center backs than any other league in the world. Teams are VERY conservative when they play PSG, especially since they know Mbappé will kill them if they give too much space.

Come on man, I know you have your biases and are standing up for your boy and I'll assume countrymen but there simply is no comparison, they don't operate on the same level.
And also your point about pl is absurd, that year pl had 3 out of the 4 finalists, and also did the following year and frankly that one should have been an all English final as well.
French league at its best is much more comparable to the Portuguese league than it has been to pl at any point .
Mbappe has really came to his own this year though so I give you that.
Oh I'm not disagreeing about the PL having a big year and being a better league, but you're talking top 4 teams and I'm saying CR7 didn't do much against those top 4 teams that season, and the quality of the sides immediately drops off from here on out, like any league, and my point is the difference in levels between the bottom half of the league (where CR7 scored most of his goals that season) aren't really any better than the bottom 10 teams of Ligue 1 or elsewhere. I watched the games, I see the levels, only English fans seem to think that somehow their crap teams don't stink in comparison to the rest of the leagues but they do just as bad. If CR7 was doing the business against the top teams that season, then I would fall back and say it's debatable, but CR7 was a flat-track bully back then, while Mbappe's consistently done the business against any team out there and has been doing so for a couple of years now. Really, the only black mark you can put on Mbappe so far in his 6 year career is the Euro 2020.

It's okay, I know I don't have the popular opinion, but I think people seriously underestimate just how special Mbappe is and to me there is little doubt he was better than what CR7 was doing at his age, the numbers back it up and the eye test back it up (but my memory could be failing me).
Am I biased for my countryman? Absolutely, but I'm factoring that into my opinion and I still think he is objectively a better player now than CR7 was then. I also think people don't realize how difficult it is to have those numbers on such a dysfunctional side, you can just look at Messi who everybody thought was going to absolutely wreck Ligue 1 and he's been very creative but he's consistently struggling to get past players or score goals, it's not a free-scoring league like that.

Trainwreck of a post, but not surprised.

If Mbappe was playing in CR7's time, in his team, are you actually doubting he would have won the Ballon d'Or by now? There weren't multiple players scoring 40-50 goals/season like we do now. He was pretty much the favorite along with Lewandowski and Benzema until PSG went out where he was the only one who looked like he could do something for them. There's a lot of people who already consider him the best player in the world, I read articles and hear commentators refer to him that way already, so he is basically right on track but the competitors you deal with and the times you play in are kind of a big factor as far as the individual awards go. Football was quite different back then as far as output of players.

Last edited:
la décision

Good, at least we can end the speculation then. If only City could confirm the Haaland deal, then we'll save ourselves from a lot of nonsense articles over the summer

Good, at least we can end the speculation then. If only City could confirm the Haaland deal, then we'll save ourselves from a lot of nonsense articles over the summer

LeParisien could have to stop publishing articles about PSG if he goes to Madrid. They have been terrible for a while.

I am quite optimistic, despite his recent visit to Qatar , but from what I read his father is still in favor of renewing

Status
Not open for further replies.