View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way this season is panning out, a full reset with him and Hannibal getting plenty of minutes might be the way forward.

Shite, now he actually match the hype that's been built up in here my the Mainoo stans.

Looks a brilliant talent but bringing him into this current mess could really destroy his development.

Looks a brilliant talent but bringing him into this current mess could really destroy his development.
Yeah maybe it's a bad idea to introduce him when we have a run of favourable home games and a host of midfield options able to carry the burden in his position to help him out. It's totally a bad time.

Nah. Gavi and Pedri were brought through at Barca when they looked like a pub team under Koeman and were resorting to hoofing it long to Luuk de Jong and Pique up front.

If they're good enough, they find a way to adapt and learn from the adversity.

I hope he's fit for Saturday. I'd love to see him right back to release Amrabat to play in midfield

I don't think Amrabat is as good defensively as Kobbie and Kobbie is probbly quicker
Well it's not really an ideal situation regardless of who plays there. I doubt Mainoo has ever played at right back. Although it does seem to be in vogue to play players in the fullback roles who are comfortable centrally.

Well it's not really an ideal situation regardless of who plays there. I doubt Mainoo has ever played at right back. Although it does seem to be in vogue to play players in the fullback roles who are comfortable centrally.
I only see it as a temporary solution till our regular full backs are fit, ideally I see him as Casemiro's heir apparent

I only see it as a temporary solution till our regular full backs are fit, ideally I see him as Casemiro's heir apparent
Yeah think it will either be Casemiro's role for him, or potentially as a deep lying play maker (a la Frenkie De Jong) alongside a pure DM. That would require a change of system though obviously.

Yeah think it will either be Casemiro's role for him, or potentially as a deep lying play maker (a la Frenkie De Jong) alongside a pure DM. That would require a change of system though obviously.
I think he will be a DM with a more dynmic and defensively good number 8 (e.g. Gore or Mejbri) next tio him. I hope in a couple of years our midfiled would be
Kobbie Gore/ Mejbri
Aaroen/ Mount

I think he will be a DM with a more dynmic and defensively good number 8 (e.g. Gore or Mejbri) next tio him. I hope in a couple of years our midfiled would be
Kobbie Gore/ Mejbri
Aaroen/ Mount
I'd be delighted if just one of them is genuinely good enough to start.

No pressure on Kobbie but he's pretty much my last hope for a midfielder that doesn't think of the ball like it's a bomb about to explode.

Saw someone outside Old Trafford on Tuesday night with Mainoo on the back of their jersey. Not sure I have ever seen that for a young player that has barely kicked a ball for the first team.

I really like Mainoo and I am excited to see him get more first team opportunities but let’s not put unnecessary pressure on him to come in and sort out our midfield straight away. We are already relaying a lot of hope up front in a 20 year old.

Saw someone outside Old Trafford on Tuesday night with Mainoo on the back of their jersey. Not sure I have ever seen that for a young player that has barely kicked a ball for the first team.

I really like Mainoo and I am excited to see him get more first team opportunities but let’s not put unnecessary pressure on him to come in and sort out our midfield straight away. We are already relaying a lot of hope up front in a 20 year old.

He's 18. Wouldn't be 19 for another 7 months or so.

Edit: My bad

Last edited:
To be honest the sooner this lad is fit and ready and gets a chance at the expense of an underperforming Casemiro the better. It would send a sign that no matter what your reputation lacklustre performance isn't rewarded. He's ready for it in my opinion.

Interested to see how he’s brought into the team, based on how Casemiro has been playing you’d expect him to get plenty of game time over the rest of the season.

I got a Greenwood #26 shirt before his debut. The youth team levels has me totally convinced and I brought shares early!

I have a James Wilson jersey.

I bought a Pogba, Greenwood, Mainoo and even a Mengi shirt from when they were all mainly academy players. Just far more interesting to me.

He could solve a midfield issue. He’s much better on the ball than some of the others we are playing.

I would start him and bench Case. Not sure ETH is brave enough though
We need to get points on the board, it's so easy to say play this kid play that kid but there's a right moment to play them, and it should be when the team is in a good place. This is a bad time to thrust him in.

For all of his flaws (and I agree he should be benched in games), cas is a player bringing experience and I think he will add big value over the course of the season to make up for his flaws. We need grit and determination to get us out of a rut and he's a player who yeah, makes his mistakes, but his head will never go down and I think we need this a lot around the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.