View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am a little bit miffed how a player who has barely any senior minutes has all of a sudden become our best midfielder, better than full international players who have won trophies at the highest level.

A good prospect for sure, but a reality check needs to be had by some.

Who said he is our best midfielder?

Am a little bit miffed how a player who has barely any senior minutes has all of a sudden become our best midfielder, better than full international players who have won trophies at the highest level.

He's 6th choice for midfield. He's behind case, Bruno, mount and amrabat. When 3 of them are out, it hurts.

So you did watch him score and assist 1/4 of their total 76 PL goals that played a big role in them securing 3rd place, while also being a key player in their transitions and high intensity pressing that allowed them to win the ball back quickly? Come on, mate. He isn't perfect, but he is so far from shit, and he isn't nearly as bad as you make him out to be. You're trying so hard to get your point across that you don't like him that you're even willing to claim he wasn't one of their best players in that period. It's gone too far, and you should just take a step back and calm down a bit.

Out of curiousity, who would you rather go for instead of Mount?

Nobody. Amrabat is fine, for now. I'd rather have spent the money on a position/player that we actually need - rather than an experiment.

The bar for getting miffed gets lower by the day.

He’s definitely not our best midfielder now but given his talent and the fact that he’s learning from the likes of Casemiro, I can see him becoming a starter very soon, and since the rest of our central midfielders aren’t exactly top class, we could very soon find ourselves in a situation where Mainoo is one of our most important players.

He's better than McTominay :)

Also, why does everybody claim that our entire play is built around Donny van de Beek?

And what’s this with Pellisti being better (as a person) than Greenwood, Antony and Sancho that is so commonly held?

And lastly an unpopular opinion: Onana is one of our top 3 current keepers, including Ely Harrison!

Never watched the kid play but based on what I am reading here getting my hopes up.
Imagine we get 2 productive midfielfers in him and Hannibal from the academy.
That right there saves us 100s of millions, cant describe how invaluable that would be.
Along with Garnacho too.. Amazing.

Probably not an understatement to say he could be one of our best ever midfielders.
I know very little about this lad but why on earth do such expectations get put on him by some? United have had some great players turn out in their midfield and he'd have to be pretty darn good to get in the Top 15.
Just pump the brakes until he's put together a body of work to suggest he can even play regular PL football before anointing him as a potential great?

I know very little about this lad but why on earth do such expectations get put on him by some? United have had some great players turn out in their midfield and he'd have to be pretty darn good to get in the Top 15.
Just pump the brakes until he's put together a body of work to suggest he can even play regular PL football before anointing him as a potential great?
I think he’s very obviously taking the piss

This may sound crazy but I can see ETH using Kobbie as a right back in the foreseeable future. When everyone is fit we will have
Casemiro, Amrabat, Mainoo, Eriksen, Mejbri, Mount, Bruno,Gore fighting for 3 places.
ETH effectively used Timber as a right back pushing into midfield when Ajax were attacking. I can see him doing the same with Kobbie. He certainly has all the qualities. Eventually when Casemiro calls it is a day he can move to DM

This may sound crazy but I can see ETH using Kobbie as a right back in the foreseeable future. When everyone is fit we will have
Casemiro, Amrabat, Mainoo, Eriksen, Mejbri, Mount, Bruno,Gore fighting for 3 places.
ETH effectively used Timber as a right back pushing into midfield when Ajax were attacking. I can see him doing the same with Kobbie. He certainly has all the qualities. Eventually when Casemiro calls it is a day he can move to DM
There’s no point training him completely out of position, give him minutes in midfield where we actually want him to play long term.

There’s no point training him completely out of position, give him minutes in midfield where we actually want him to play long term.
:lol: Funny saying it to a poster with Dutch in their name. The literal home of schooling players in as many positions as possible before they settle, where that eclectic mix is seen as invaluable.

Last edited:
Reckon he might be back for Brentford,gut feeling is that Galatasaray will just come too soon

Probably not an understatement to say he could be one of our best ever midfielders.

I am excited about him like everyone, but it definately is considering some of the midfielders have played for the club. He is obviously very talented, so was Pogba, Morrison and several others. To make that statement on a teenager who has barely played a game yet is at best jumping the gun a little, I would consider it a bit disrespectful to some of our past players.

I am excited about him like everyone, but it definately is considering some of the midfielders have played for the club. He is obviously very talented, so was Pogba, Morrison and several others. To make that statement on a teenager who has barely played a game yet is at best jumping the gun a little, I would consider it a bit disrespectful to some of our past players.
He's having a laugh, obviously.

I have repeated it multiple times - and each time in response to the "But he was Chelsea's POTY!" that is thrown at me. Am I supposed to fabricate another reason? Or am I permitted to respond in ilk?

Perfectly capable of reading and understanding. Just as much as everyone else who chooses to make every excuse under the sun for how poor he has been. And honestly, I don't get what Ten Hag is trying to do, no. Much the same as a good portion of United supporters that I have spoken with. 150 minutes is largely irrelevant to me. I watch enough of Chelsea to dislike the signing before he'd kicked a football for us. I do not rate him as a footballer, at all. I don't think he's exceptionally good at anything, outside of running around a bit. I find him a bit of a nothing player, to be honest. I think we could have done a hell of a lot better than spunking 55m on a player off the back of a poor 18 months, in the final year of his contract. It's a costly experiment trying to convert him into an #8. Money we simply do not have that we can experiment with; especially when it comes to the detriment of potential other more pressing signings.

Do you not see how others would find it kind of hysterical and stupid for lack of a better word for someone to be banging on and on about Mount (still a relatively young player who has heaps of top level experience and assisted in a CL final win) in a thread for a really young player who is just slowly breaking through this season but who also has done absolutely nothing in the mens game yet? Mainoo looks a really classy prospect but this kind of overly negative posting all over the place about the manager/his signings/Murtough/the owners is ruining this forum. There’s no respite from it even in threads where we can be cautiously optimistic

Looks like I may have gone a bit too early with Brentford,sounds like Sheff Utd after international break would be more realistic

Every time I come in here some cnut is talking about mason mount. Is there not a better thread for that

@pacifictheme you bumped this as the poster above points out and it’s also your only post in the whole thread!

Feel free to add to the discussion about Mainoo.

I keep coming in to see if there is injury news :lol: I have as much to add as the people arguing about mount.

I keep coming in to see if there is injury news :lol: I have as much to add as the people arguing about mount.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to you that other players are being mentioned in a player's performance thread. It happens in every single thread, and it will always be like that, so not sure why you bother with that remark!

Status
Not open for further replies.