Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca already have Kounde, Christensen, Garcia and Araujo already at centre back and are already struggling to bring Messi in which seems their priority although you’d think if they are going to buy defenders it’d be in both full back positions.

Again though it’ll come down to if for once we’re proactive rather than reactive as there’s a lot of talent out there available for free which should be music to our owners ears, N’Dicka and Rabiot on frees are no brainers in comparison to what we’ve got in the squad.

Couldn't agree more then there is people like Kroos & Benzema also free agents this summer. Would take Toni if they let him go to free up space for Bellingham but doubt we are even interested.

If Bayern were interested, you would had a news the 1st of June saying that the agreement has been made. City would splash the cash for him.

But if we are really interested, we would wait until August for him to stay at Napoli one more season.

De Laurentis is tough at negociation, but if he has what he wants, he will let Kim go. And I assume that it will be around 60/70 M for him.

Since when do you need to negotiate a release clause?

I think both Lindelof and Maguire will go. Lindelof has already said he'll consider his options in the summer and we all know Maguire will want out as he's not playing.

The way Varane has been managed this season seems to suggest he's a player that will be used carefully in the future and his games will be very carefully managed; or in other words he could be more of a squad player. I imagine someone like Kim or Timber would come in as an immediate starter for the right centre back slot.

I also think that would be the best move but selling 2 CB’s - I don’t think we can then just replace with 1 CB unless we have a good player coming through the youth ranks.

My dream is to sell Maguire & Lindelof - replace them with Kim.

Have Kim & Varane fighting for RCB.

I do think that Lindelof has earned another season here & since he is playing games recently maybe he is happy enough to to stay.

Martinez is our undropable CB - so keeping Lindelof and buying Kim maybe more realistic than I initially thought because the need for Shaw to be our starting LCB is maybe only really reliant on Martinez having an injury.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more then there is people like Kroos & Benzema also free agents this summer. Would take Toni if they let him go to free up space for Bellingham but doubt we are even interested.

Didn’t Kroos sign a year extension in the middle of last month ? I remember stories of it everywhere but didn’t check for any official announcements by Kroos or Real, I think he along with Modric and Benzema will all sign year long extensions to help the new lot transition into being main players.

The good thing we’ve got with Rabiot and N’Dicka is we’re a step up from where they are and can also offer them a lot more financially as well as game time as they play in positions we need to strengthen, I’d like to think ETH has got the recruitment/negotiating team actively working on things now regardless of the takeover so we’re along the way with deals.

Can someone help me & find a video with his ball playing ability? I cant really find any.

obviously you don't bring him in unless maguire goes which we all know is going to happen this summer
Even then, there are far bigger priorities: a striker, a midfielder to partner Cas, a goalkeeper, a midfielder to be Cas’ backup.

Unless of course we also sell Lindelof, in which case yes, we need another CB.

Even then, there are far bigger priorities: a striker, a midfielder to partner Cas, a goalkeeper, a midfielder to be Cas’ backup.

Unless of course we also sell Lindelof, in which case yes, we need another CB.

well you sell maguire and if you get 30m for him, that's only 9m less than his release clause come July 1 so it doesn't really impact the budget for these other players

agree though the obvious two biggest areas of need is a striker and midfielder to partner Cas/Eriksen.....i'd throw in there a pacy winger as well as shown by some of our recent performances when teams press and give us space behind but we can't exploit it

well you sell maguire and if you get 30m for him, that's only 9m less than his release clause come July 1 so it doesn't really impact the budget for these other players

agree though the obvious two biggest areas of need is a striker and midfielder to partner Cas/Eriksen.....i'd throw in there a pacy winger as well as shown by some of our recent performances when teams press and give us space behind but we can't exploit it
Money is limited though, so we need Maguire money for other positions.

I do not think we need to sign a winger considering that we will have Rashford, Sancho, Antony, Diallo, Garnacho and Pellestri for 2 positions. Unless we sell Sancho and one of Diallo/Pellestri, getting a new winger does not make much sense to me. Which is why we probably will buy a new winger and 2 new CBs without selling Maguire :)

Given our financial situation and the quality of the player, this is a unique circumstance
that may not repeat itself again for a long time. We also actually need another quality, AVAILABLE centre back given Varane's a sicknote and Maguire is gone this summer and Lindelof cannot be trusted. Must buy.

Maguire is moving on in the summer, for the good of everyone. Jones and Tuanzebe are out of contract and gone. ETH doesn't fancy Bailly so he will either be sold or loaned. We need another centre half at the club and this guy looks a good fit at a decent price. The sale of Maguire and associated wages savings from Maguire, Tuanzebe and Jones will more than cover the cost of Kim.

If these reports are true does that mean we we have finally be sold?

Wonder what happens with Lindelof if this transfer happens.

Our priorities are more in other positions but guess Kim’s availability for 40M is a chance club doesn’t want to miss.

He'll also be marketing dream. United (and sadly also Liverpool) has very huge fanbase in Asia.

He'll also be marketing dream. United (and sadly also Liverpool) has very huge fanbase in Asia.
I think we are bigger in the far east (Thanks to Park, Dong and Shinji) and they are bigger in the South east (a.k.a Malaysia, Indonesia etc.) Could be wrong though.

Can we actually buy players while in the process of selling the club?

I think we are bigger in the far east (Thanks to Park, Dong and Shinji) and they are bigger in the South east (a.k.a Malaysia, Indonesia etc.) Could be wrong though.
Probably. But look at this 2022 article:

"Almost 90 per cent of United's fans are now in emerging markets, with 325 million alone in Asia - twice as many as Barcelona in the region, United claims in the findings produced by market research firm Kantar."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...e/news-story/9a937f4aecd71b8280891023541f67ac

Twice as many as Barcelona, even after all those years with no League trophy.

Yes if the money is paid. It doesn’t stop transfers.
But surely the current owners wouldn’t want to spend any money if they’re selling up. Plus the new owners might not want the player that’s being signed (although it’s the managers choice of course)

But surely the current owners wouldn’t want to spend any money if they’re selling up. Plus the new owners might not want the player that’s being signed (although it’s the managers choice of course)

Well it depends if the takeover is done and this allows transfers to be agreed in advance. There would be some process to agree transfers during that period. According to the above tweets, we seem to have offered something to the player but nothing with the club.

Probably. But look at this 2022 article:

"Almost 90 per cent of United's fans are now in emerging markets, with 325 million alone in Asia - twice as many as Barcelona in the region, United claims in the findings produced by market research firm Kantar."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...e/news-story/9a937f4aecd71b8280891023541f67ac

Twice as many as Barcelona, even after all those years with no League trophy.
Thanks to the power of marketing and television The PL is a marketing machine on a similar level to the NFL in the US. They are masters in getting eyeballs to watch their league religiously.

Well it depends if the takeover is done and this allows transfers to be agreed in advance. There would be some process to agree transfers during that period. According to the above tweets, we seem to have offered something to the player but nothing with the club.
Sounds about right. We always offer the player something before actually agreeing a fee with the club. This one should be easy to get done though aslong as we pay his release clause. The player will be keen to join us.

Our priorities are more in other positions but guess Kim’s availability for 40M is a chance club doesn’t want to miss.
Wouldn't Lindelof still be required? Harry Maguire will be off.

He doesn't seem to be too perturbed as occasional backup. He'd struggle to get the deal he's probably on or profile of club if he moved in my opinion.

Oh man, like you never been here for the past 17 years. When did the leeches ever pay for a player from their pockets, it will be the club's money. It will not affect the sale at all.

Never really watched him. How is he when facing a press? Can't imagine he's had much experience in Serie A.

Man Utd is bigger than Liverpool in South East Asia maybe except Singapore.

Its not their money, its the club money and the fee agreed wouldnt change. So it can be business as usual.

Martinez, Varane, Kim Min-jae and Shaw would be excellent CB options next season.

Lindelof will understandably want to leave and Maguire will be rightfully sold.

Martinez, Varane, Kim Min-jae and Shaw would be excellent CB options next season.

Lindelof will understandably want to leave and Maguire will be rightfully sold.
If we’re using Shaw as a CB option next season then we’ll have to buy a new LB surely? We already want a new RB once ETH decides which one of dalot or AWB to sell.

We could sell both Maguire and Lindelof if we got him.

It may be a bit too overambitious to rely on 3 CB first teamers in Varane, Martinez and Kim with Shaw deputising also but I'd go that way too and perhaps promote one of the youth.

Lindelof + cash for Kim may work in our favour as less summer funds spent and Napoli can get a 'decent' defender too. Would be interesting to see Lindelof in a front foot, high line, proactive and possession based team after hearing about how good he is in these hypothetical scenarios for so many years from his fans here.

Status
Not open for further replies.