Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant defender that will fit in like a glove. And I think will adjust to the Premier League well. Unfortunately, it is exceedingly unlikely the sale will be concluded in time for his release clause to be activated.

If Bayern were interested, you would had a news the 1st of June saying that the agreement has been made. City would splash the cash for him.

But if we are really interested, we would wait until August for him to stay at Napoli one more season.

De Laurentis is tough at negociation, but if he has what he wants, he will let Kim go. And I assume that it will be around 60/70 M for him.

If Bayern were interested, you would had a news the 1st of June saying that the agreement has been made. City would splash the cash for him.

But if we are really interested, we would wait until August for him to stay at Napoli one more season.

De Laurentis is tough at negociation, but if he has what he wants, he will let Kim go. And I assume that it will be around 60/70 M for him.

Isn't there a rumoured release clause of £45/50m?

Given our budgetary constraints this summer, a new CB should be far down the list of priorities. Improve the GK position and all our existing CBs will go up a level.
Our budgetary constraints are a bit overrated. If we schedule our payments over a longer duration, we’ll be fine filling a number of positions. The larger issue is the ownership cloud hanging over the clubs head which may cause sluggishness and uncertainty.

Our budgetary constraints are a bit overrated. If we schedule our payments over a longer duration, we’ll be fine filling a number of positions. The larger issue is the ownership cloud hanging over the clubs head which may cause sluggishness and uncertainty.
Not an expert in this but how often do clubs ask for the whole fee as the initial payment?

What other club will be interested in him? I'm convinced we won't act fast enough

I suppose that Bayern might be interested in adding another defender as Tuchel wants to play 3-5-2, with only Upa and De Ligt as starter (you can potentially add Hernandez too).

You have also PSG that supposely wants to strenghen their defense where Marquinhos is delcining, Ramos almost retired and their best defender is Danilo Pereira.

Also you may face competition from City who loves adding new defenders.

If Juve qualifies for the CL, even if they don't have the same power than other can always convince players to join.

And finally, the worst case could be that he wants to stay at Napoli, unless we pay him 3 times what he has and offers him a starting position.

Looks very good but not better than Varane or Martinez, doubt he’d want to be back up to them whereas Lindelof is a decent squad player and Shaw can cover for Martinez so if we do bring in a centre back I’d rather it be N’Dicka on a free who’s left footed and highly rated so could be gradually built up whilst being Martinez’s understudy.

We can’t waste money on players that don’t improve the starting eleven with all the glaring holes in the team at centre forward, midfield and in goal. Osimhen or Kane, Caicedo and a keeper is where are budget should go then add Rabiot and N’Dicka on free transfers

If we can move De Gea, Henderson IF we get a keeper in, Williams, Jones, Maguire, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Telles, McTominay or Fred, VDB, Pellestri and Elanga all on then definitely look at a right back, a centre back and maybe another striker but a quality striker, quality midfielder and a new keeper are the priorities.

Looks very good but not better than Varane or Martinez, doubt he’d want to be back up to them whereas Lindelof is a decent squad player and Shaw can cover for Martinez so if we do bring in a centre back I’d rather it be N’Dicka on a free who’s left footed and highly rated so could be gradually built up whilst being Martinez’s understudy.

We can’t waste money on players that don’t improve the starting eleven with all the glaring holes in the team at centre forward, midfield and in goal. Osimhen or Kane, Caicedo and a keeper is where are budget should go then add Rabiot and N’Dicka on free transfers

If we can move De Gea, Henderson IF we get a keeper in, Williams, Jones, Maguire, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Telles, McTominay or Fred, VDB, Pellestri and Elanga all on then definitely look at a right back, a centre back and maybe another striker but a quality striker, quality midfielder and a new keeper are the priorities.
Agreed with the last bits; a bit like the RB stuff — a CB should only be moved for if we can get Maguire, Tuanzebe, Jones, and Bailly all gone.

On the need for an actual CB - I think a RCB will be the play, not a left footer. Shaw can cover there excellently and Licha will play 50+ when fit. The issue is Varane who cannot play more than 1 a week.

I suppose that Bayern might be interested in adding another defender as Tuchel wants to play 3-5-2, with only Upa and De Ligt as starter (you can potentially add Hernandez too).

Maguire apparently plays well in a back 3 - I suppose our arm could be twisted in us selling Maguire to Bayern! :lol:

Leaving the way clear for us to Kum Min-jae

We definitely aren't keeping Maguire

I didn’t mean Maguire as our 3rd CB.

I meant that we then have Varane, Lindelof & Kim fighting for1 spot and Martinez & Shaw fighting for 1 position

Depends on how much ten hag values the left footed CB philosophy I guess.

If he doesn’t then it’s not an issue.

I meant that we then have Varane, Lindelof & Kim fighting for1 spot and Martinez & Shaw fighting for 1 position

Ah right yeah, can't count.
I think/hope it's probably fine.

I hope we go for him, I don’t believe this talk of a reduced transfer budget and ffp restrictions. I think we spend big this summer.

We need him. We have to sell Maguire to get some money. Varane is very injury prone and Lindelof is not up to the mark.

Looks very good but not better than Varane or Martinez, doubt he’d want to be back up to them
This has been discussed so many times. We need squad depth and having 3 players with starter potential will give us a big boost in title race. We cannot compete with only 2 great CBs, with one of them being injury prone. Yes, Shaw did a good job to cover the hole Martinez has left, and will continue to do that in emergency cases, but he is a LB first and we need him there. Lindelof did well, too but he doesn't bring the same competition that Kim would. Arguably Kim would take over Varane's spot sooner or later if he joined us.

Plus, from what I've seen, Kim's not shy about using his left foot to pass the ball around short or long.
He seems like an obvious buy to be fair, but I am to be sincere very questionable in judging CBs. I was scared shitless about how Martinez would fare in the PL, and now he is one of our only players that I like and my favorite.

Our budget constraints are more an FFP issue rather than a cash flow issue.

This has been discussed so many times. We need squad depth and having 3 players with starter potential will give us a big boost in title race. We cannot compete with only 2 great CBs, with one of them being injury prone. Yes, Shaw did a good job to cover the hole Martinez has left, and will continue to do that in emergency cases, but he is a LB first and we need him there. Lindelof did well, too but he doesn't bring the same competition that Kim would. Arguably Kim would take over Varane's spot sooner or later if he joined us.

I agree with everything you said BUT the reality is we won’t have the money to bring in everything we need this summer unless Qatar get in and clear all our outstanding debt and even then I think we still need to sell before buying in non priority positions due to FFP meaning we’d only likely to spend £100 million net spend which already means we’ll NEED to sell to bring in what we NEED.

We NEED a quality centre forward desperately, we NEED a keeper in desperately as De Gea has declined so badly his one strong attribute is rapidly going and we NEED a quality partner for Casemiro in midfield whereas we’d LIKE a quality alternative at centre back and we’d LIKE an upgrade at right back BUT have to be realistic.

With Martinez injured with a serious injury, Varane being a bit of a sickness, Maguire on his way out, I think this would be a good signing.

Having 3 right footed rcb seems unrealistic if lindelof stays. it depends if ten hag thinks shaw is good enough as our 2nd lcb.
Being right footed isn’t an issue plahing LCB. Maguire has played most of his Utd career there. Lindelof has been playing there recently when partnered with Maguire. One of our best CBs ever (Vidic) played there.

This guy is a ROCK, what we need. Varane is out more than he is in and anyway we need to be able to change things around from game to game.

Being right footed isn’t an issue plahing LCB. Maguire has played most of his Utd career there. Lindelof has been playing there recently when partnered with Maguire. One of our best CBs ever (Vidic) played there.

Our manager has expressly and repeatedly noted the value of having a left-footed LCB though. The reality is that if we sign another right-footed player, Shaw will continue to be the deputy LCB.

Which we may be fine with.

I think both Lindelof and Maguire will go. Lindelof has already said he'll consider his options in the summer and we all know Maguire will want out as he's not playing.

The way Varane has been managed this season seems to suggest he's a player that will be used carefully in the future and his games will be very carefully managed; or in other words he could be more of a squad player. I imagine someone like Kim or Timber would come in as an immediate starter for the right centre back slot.

Our manager has expressly and repeatedly noted the value of having a left-footed LCB though. The reality is that if we sign another right-footed player, Shaw will continue to be the deputy LCB.

Which we may be fine with.
I can see why the manager wants that balance. I remember LVG was insistent on it as well. It does allow the build up from defence be a lot more fluid from both sides. I’m more than happy to have Shaw as one of the options for LCB which he’s shown he’s more than good enough at. We would need a top class LB though as Malacia is a work in progress.

Yeah Rabiot & N'dicka would be shrewd buys,however I suspect Barca sign the latter and will Utd want to negotiate with former again

Yeah Rabiot & N'dicka would be shrewd buys,however I suspect Barca sign the latter and will Utd want to negotiate with former again

Barca already have Kounde, Christensen, Garcia and Araujo already at centre back and are already struggling to bring Messi in which seems their priority although you’d think if they are going to buy defenders it’d be in both full back positions.

Again though it’ll come down to if for once we’re proactive rather than reactive as there’s a lot of talent out there available for free which should be music to our owners ears, N’Dicka and Rabiot on frees are no brainers in comparison to what we’ve got in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.