Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be funny as feck if Real win sod all next season. Hopefully Barca tear them a new one again next year.

what we really need is a creative midfielder like Iniesta/Xavi and a supporting striker like Ole used to be for us. We don't need a overhyped superstar striker with no proven credential.

there is speculation that the bid in excess of the 30 million or so real offered was indeed from united. that was the bid they were speaking about this morning when they said it was not from madrid but the player had expressed his desire to go to madrid. so that was that. would seem to fit. I'd be surprised if we were not in for him to be honest but was not to be

Is there any reason to discuss this now the harlot has fecked off to those Franco bastards?

So, been out for the night...whats the story, have we got him yet?

Of course. David Gill is on the case. Haven't you heard, since the Glazers arrived we always get our man! :devil:

feck me this thread is going to have half a million views for a player that's probably never even looked up Manchester on a map!

Apparently, the reason we didn't get him is because we have a new policy of not paying too much for players over 20. :wenger:

What bollocks. He is an idiot to go there, when he would be a dead cert to start alongside Rooney here. I hope he struggles in his first season and ends up warming the bench in the World Cup as well.

Viva Higuain!

Muppet suicide. I got the news while I was celebrating Canada Day. I'm so sick of Madrid. Where is this money coming from? Why didn't we splash 40m on him, surely at this point we can match, if not beat out Real's money.

My only conclusion is that we weren't interested or we felt our efforts were better suited elsewhere.

Chasing-Dog-Bar-Line.gif

Benzema - Ribery - Benzema - Ribery - Benzema - Ribery

I dont think we ever made a bid. Else the media would have trotted out our offer. It was all agent's hype to raise the ante. I think Fergie's radar is directed elsewhere.

Absolute fecking nonsense this is. They might as well sign Ribery, Aguero, Costa, Sanchez as well. Where the HELL is this money coming from ? Surely there has to be an official investigation and an overall cap on how much a team can spend in the transfer market .. there are so many other ridiculous rules .. this one would atleast ensure some degree of fairness. 180M in one season is obscene. Get your finger out of your holes Blatter and Platini !

Absolute fecking nonsense this is. They might as well sign Ribery, Aguero, Costa, Sanchez as well. Where the HELL is this money coming from ? Surely there has to be an official investigation and an overall cap on how much a team can spend in the transfer market .. there are so many other ridiculous rules .. this one would atleast ensure some degree of fairness. 180M in one season is obscene. Get your finger out of your holes Blatter and Platini !

I dont think we have any right to complain. As someone else had stated in another thread, If it was United that was buying all these players, none of us would have complained.

I dont think we have any right to complain. As someone else had stated in another thread, If it was United that was buying all these players, none of us would have complained.

But the fundamental difference is that we never have and we never will. Do you honestly see Fergie splurging 200 odd million in one season even if we have the financial backing to do so ? No. I don't think he'll even spend the entire 80M quid we've got from Ronaldo.

Madrid had a good squad to begin with, but they're just going mental with their Galactico-II plan. The funny thing is that there doesn't seem to be any mention of their current players leaving as well. Surely Perez can not be bankrolling this entire operation with his own money ... not this much atleast. Chelsea, City and Madrid have ruined the transfer market for good. That's my point.

Muppet suicide. I got the news while I was celebrating Canada Day. I'm so sick of Madrid. Where is this money coming from? Why didn't we splash 40m on him, surely at this point we can match, if not beat out Real's money.

My only conclusion is that we weren't interested or we felt our efforts were better suited elsewhere.

i did read somewhere today that he has said madrid was where he wanted to go after lyon..

But the fundamental difference is that we never have and we never will. Do you honestly see Fergie splurging 200 odd million in one season even if we have the financial backing to do so ? No. I don't think he'll even spend the entire 80M quid we've got from Ronaldo.

Madrid had a good squad to begin with, but they're just going mental with their Galactico-II plan. The funny thing is that there doesn't seem to be any mention of their current players leaving as well. Surely Perez can not be bankrolling this entire operation with his own money ... not this much atleast. Chelsea, City and Madrid have ruined the transfer market for good. That's my point.

I agree with you that this season Madrid have ruined it. City tried to but no one seems to want to go there so I wont discuss much about them.
If your questioning where the money is coming from, then its fine. If your saying there should be a cap on how much a club can spend in a season, I dont think its right.

Can you blame the kid though ? He's gonna play to one of his favorite if not his favorite club at a time when they are rebuilding their "team" with some of the most talented players in the world.
More exciting for him to be at Madrid than to be at Manchester playing with the likes of Berba,Nani and Rooney

Papers: Benzema in demand
01/07/2009 13:44
Karim Benzema celebrates scoring against United for Lyon

Lyons deny they have sold Benzema
Lyons have denied they are on the brink of selling Karim Benzema to Real Madrid but say they have received a large offer for the forward, who is a Manchester United target. Reports in the Spanish media today claimed that a move to the Bernabeu for the 21-year-old forward was virtually a done deal and that Lyons had accepted an increased offer of €35 million (around £30m). However, the French club's director of communications said that they have not concluded a deal with anyone. “We certainly did receive an offer of a sum appreciably superior to the sum that has been mentioned, but nothing says that it comes from Real,” Olivier Blanc told L’Equipe. “There is no agreement with anyone.”
Staff reporter, The Times

The Daily Star agrees that United's next signing will be coming from Ligue 1, but insists it will be 23-year-old Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac, rather than Benzema. The £11m-rated forward was the top scorer in the French top flight last term, bagging 24 goals.

Lee Martin will be one of the first players to make way for new arrivals, according to The Daily Mirror, who claim the winger will be on his way to Roy Keane's Ipswich Town in a £2million deal.

One United stalwart who won't be leaving Old Trafford is defender Nemanja Vidic. The Serbian has once again voiced his desire to stay with the Reds, despite interest from AC Milan, Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Round up by Steve Bartram

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={C7DF7CEC-3BC3-4859-A3FD-FE4AAD215DD8}&redirectorid=news_story&newsid=6635480

Real Madrid have agreed a deal to sign striker Karim Benzema from Lyon, according to the French club.

The fee is £30m for the 21-year-old France international and could rise to £35m depending on his success.

Benzema had also been linked with Manchester United but now looks set for a switch to the Bernabeu.

Real Madrid have already signed forwards Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka as well as defender Raul Albiol for a combined £148m so far this summer.

Former France and Real Madrid great Zinedine Zidane, who is now a senior advisor at the Spanish club, is believed to have recommended Benzema to club president Florentino Perez after negotiations to sign David Villa from Valencia broke down.

"Lyon announce they have reached an agreement with Real Madrid on the details of the transfer of their international attacker Karim Benzema," said a statement on the Lyon website.

"A few days ago Karim Benzema informed the club president Jean Michel Aulas of his desire to move to the Madrid club, which had always been his favourite club after Lyon, earlier than he had foreseen.

"The player wanted to seize the opportunity which Real Madrid offered him to be one of the major elements in their new ambitious project based around the greatest players of the world.

"Lyon accepted Karim Benzema's decision and negotiated the conditions of a transfer which satisfies all the different parties.

"The club wishes Karim the greatest success with Real Madrid."

Benzema joined Lyon's youth academy at the age of nine and progressed through club's ranks before making his first-team debut aged 17.

He scored 31 goals in 51 games during the 2007-08 season to finish top scorer in Ligue 1.

Benzema scored 23 goals in all competitions last season but could not prevent Lyon ending the season without league title for the first time in eight years.

The striker is now expected to sign a six-year contract when he completes his move to Real Madrid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8129462.stm

Status
Not open for further replies.