Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Persie and Fabregras are plausible.

van Persie is excellent and would fit our squad nicely, given his adaptability. But its another player with an awful injury record.

I'd love Fabregas here, but can't see it happening in a million years. He's set for Barca soon...

van Persie is excellent and would fit our squad nicely, given his adaptability. But its another player with an awful injury record.

I'd love Fabregas here, but can't see it happening in a million years. He's set for Barca soon...

They've got Iniesta and Xavi. If anything, Real's more likely. As for Percy, yeah his injury record is awful - what exactly is his main problem? hamstrings?

I hope we get Real in the CL and he scores a hat trick, I reckon the muppets in the crowd would kill themselves.

yes, hope he scores a hattrick against the team you support to 'kill' those muppets. Muppet. Some really are desperate to fit in here.

They've got Iniesta and Xavi. If anything, Real's more likely. As for Percy, yeah his injury record is awful - what exactly is his main problem? hamstrings?

He's had a fair assortment of muscular injuries. Knee as well.

It seems that they have rushed him back too soon a couple of times...

Got to 20 goals last season and probably had his best season in terms of number of matches (+40).

Why the feck does everyone want to go to Madrid- a government sponsored team.Platini and Blatter harp on about premier teams spending- what about these corrupt feckers???They've done bugger all in Europe recently and Barca completed an historic treble in Spain yet still Kaka,Ronnie, Ribery, Benzema and loads of bastard others still want to go there... why?
Maybe because it is a 'club' that doesnt have to operate in the way others do.. they can feck off.
We struggle to sign some bloke from Ecuador and any others, yet they seem to have a free hand in the market, something is amiss methinks.

yes, hope he scores a hattrick against the team you support to 'kill' those muppets. Muppet. Some really are desperate to fit in here.

yeah its amazing how witty some are

Everyone trusts Sir Alex but sit on their fat arse trying to reason that we weren't interested or didn't make a bid....when lyon claim he told them 7 days proir he wanted to move to madrid..

Sir Alex ain't stupid and neither is the average joe but ppl will all rejoice when we do sign someone because we do need another player and kiko, welbeck...it's too soon for them....

Why the feck does everyone want to go to Madrid- a government sponsored team.Platini and Blatter harp on about premier teams spending- what about these corrupt feckers???They've done bugger all in Europe recently and Barca completed an historic treble in Spain yet still Kaka,Ronnie, Ribery, Benzema and loads of bastard others still want to go there... why?
Maybe because it is a 'club' that doesnt have to operate in the way others do.. they can feck off.
We struggle to sign some bloke from Ecuador and any others, yet they seem to have a free hand in the market, something is amiss methinks.

Good thing is though, looking at the players they have signed - they are all at a good age. Once their team building is done, I don't really see them competing in the transfer market, because they are not going to pay galactico sums for bench players.

Looking at their squad though, it is still badly unbalanced.

On Benzema - I don't think this is necessarily an awful move for him. They have signed Kaka and Ronaldo yes, but in terms of a line leading striker, Benzema probably outstrips all of their other strikers.

Who gives a shit?

Fergie must have looked at him and didnt think he was worth the money.

In Fergie i trust. He will have something better up his sleeve.

gaffs i trust sir alex but some ppls logic is backwards.

What is all this we weren't interested? If benezema told lyon 7 days ago..he wanted to go to madrid...what would be the point us wasting our own time? I'm sure Sir Alex was well aware of the situation (lyon surely told him or benezemas agent) and switched targets maybe (perhaps under the cover of this benezema rubbish) who knows...

Now I trust sir alex but people are being nieve here

I am truly sad.. I have taken this worse than the Torres and Ronaldinho transfers.. IMO he was PERFECT for us..

I do not understand how he could choose to go to Real Madrid? (No I am not saying we were interested) He would have been better off staying at Lyon for another season.. Has the world gone mad? Why do they not understand that Real Madrid is a fecking mess? Is it just me? They change managers so fecking often.. There is no fecking stability... A circus would probably be better run than Real Madrid... and now they have decided to go out and buy the best players from all over the world without even considering how they would be able to play with each other.. Anyway I do not want to spoil my mouth any further.. I have had enough of them! I would have gladly lost Benzema to any other club like Inter, AC, Barcelona or feck even Liverpool-Not Really

I do not know whether we were interested or not.. I believe all of us should regret that we missed out on him.. & that If SAF was not interested in him he should have something better planned (and by that I do not mean signing a better player than him)

I for one will never get over this loss.. Yes I had said the same thing about Torres not too long ago.. But I truly feel this guy has everything in him to be as good if not better than Torres..

gaffs i trust sir alex but some ppls logic is backwards.

What is all this we weren't interested? If benezema told lyon 7 days ago..he wanted to go to madrid...what would be the point us wasting our own time? I'm sure Sir Alex was well aware of the situation and switched targets (perhaps in secret) who knows...

Now I trust sir alex but people are being nieve here

Yeah. If we wanted him and we knew he may have been persuaded to come to Manchester, we would have put in a bid.

Simple at that.

Fergie either didn’t want him or he knew that he only wanted to go to Madrid.

What can you do? Not point in being bitter.

I am truly sad.. I have taken this worse than the Torres and Ronaldinho transfers.. IMO he was PERFECT for us..

I do not understand how he could choose to go to Real Madrid? (No I am not saying we were interested) He would have been better off staying at Lyon for another season.. Has the world gone mad? Why do they not understand that Real Madrid is a fecking mess? Is it just me? They change managers so fecking often.. There is no fecking stability... A circus would probably be better run than Real Madrid... and now they have decided to go out and buy the best players from all over the world without even considering how they would be able to play with each other.. Anyway I do not want to spoil my mouth any further.. I have had enough of them! I would have gladly lost Benzema to any other club like Inter, AC, Barcelona or feck even Liverpool-Not Really

I do not know whether we were interested or not.. I believe all of us should regret that we missed out on him.. & that If SAF was not interested in him he should have something better planned (and by that I do not mean signing a better player than him)

I for one will never get over this loss.. Yes I had said the same thing about Torres not too long ago.. But I truly feel this guy has everything in him to be as good if not better than Torres..

Whats he got?

Yeah. If we wanted him and we knew he may have been persuaded to come to Manchester, we would have put in a bid.

Simple at that.

Fergie either didn’t want him or he knew that he only wanted to go to Madrid.

What can you do? Not point in being bitter.

no ones bitter. Its the way some paint it as being 'we weren't interested' and in fergie we trust..

It's just lame (the we weren't interested part)

He clearly knew he wanted to go to madrid as the player told lyon a week ago

I think most supporters would question madrids ethics. I'm sick of these silly clubs messing up the game

Sorry for not having put this in the mammoth thread in the transfer forum, but I think its an important point that I don't want to get lost amongst the numerous muppet suicides.

I'm as gutted as the next United fan that we have seemingly "lost" Benzema to Madrid.

But lets get one thing straight. Has SAF been that interested in the lad? It seems to me that by the current standards, £30m (rising to £35m) is actually a very reasonable fee. Given that we are awash with funds, I truly believe that we would have bid for the lad if we really wanted him.

The fee quoted is not prohibitive. The fact there has been no bid maybe suggests that SAF hasn't been targeting Benzema. Surely this would make sense if he wants the partnership between Rooney and Berbatov to blossom?

Could it be that all of the press speculation has been rife, yet at no point have we actually registered a firm interest. Maybe this has been a smokescree? Or am I just brave-facing it.

Irrespective - Fergie knows what he's doing...

Too right.

Or that all partys involved (Lyon/United/Madrid) knew that Benzema only wanted to go to Madrid, so any bid would have been futile.

Mostly at the end when they gave up though. They were still in with a good shot at the league title up until Barca beat them at home. They strung out long sequences of wins even after Liverpool showed them up in Europe.

You cannot deny that the the massive TV contracts that Madrid and Barca can negotiate for themselves is distorting that league far more than the English league. The collective bargaining for the TV contract in England allows a lot more strength in depth.
Valencia almost going bankrupt as they try to compete with the big two is the way of the future in Spain.

Valencia's situation has feck all to do with other clubs though. The only reason Valencia are in financial trouble is that they've always had off the field dramas and bad presidents dragging them down. Every couple of years its something. And they are currently feeling the effects of Koeman and the president before last making loads of transfer mistakes, making a mess of the finanaces and then on top of that they recently fecked up with the "Nou Mestalla" by not selling the old Mestalla off at a reasonable time, trying to maximize profits by selling it bit by bit, and then being hit by the Spanish property recession. So all their problems are self made and made off the pitch.

Madrid were shite in the first half of the season, hence the change of management. Yes Ramos had a good run of 10 games or so, yes they were still in the title race but they still lost loads of matches. 10 games is as many as Aston Villa. And yes half of them were the last 5 matches starting with a defeat to Barcelona that put them out of the title picture. They still lost them though.

Can I point out that although the last 24 hours has been exciting and disappointing that we had expected him to go there anyway and few people thought we'd even have a chance. So why are people crying when what we thought would happen has happened.

Remember when Shearer turned us down for Newcastle, I was gutted, but Solkjaer arrived, the rest is history. Something will happen, we will have plenty of option at cheaper prices who will do the business.

I trust Fergie, he's got us this far :lol:

Can I point out that although the last 24 hours has been exciting and disappointing that we had expected him to go there anyway and few people thought we'd even have a chance. So why are people crying when what we thought would happen has happened.

Remember when Shearer turned us down for Newcastle, I was gutted, but Solkjaer arrived, the rest is history. Something will happen, we will have plenty of option at cheaper prices who will do the business.

I trust Fergie, he's got us this far :lol:

I'm still to be convinced of his pedigree. Or the exoticism of his name.

no ones bitter. Its the way some paint it as being 'we weren't interested' and in fergie we trust..

It's just lame (the we weren't interested part)

He clearly knew he wanted to go to madrid as the player told lyon a week ago

I think most supporters would question madrids ethics. I'm sick of these silly clubs messing up the game

If he wanted to go to Madrid, then so be it.

Plus, he said a couple of years ago that he wanted to go to play in Spain, so its not like hes just decided to goto Madrid on a whim.

"sick of these silly clubs messing up the game"

What does that mean? We have splashed the cash on players for years. Just becasue now someone is spending more, then some fans want to start crying about it.

SAF quoting Wellbeck will be on the plane to South Africa was an indication of his intent on giving him a good shot next season.

I really think the youngters and most of the senior players will be inspired next season.

Well now we will never know will we? Unless he develops as expected..

No, you tell me why us not signing Benzema makes you "truly sad".

Is he that good?

I have seen him 4 or 5 times for Lyon - once in the flesh V United at OT and a couple of times for France. He looks good to me, but hes not that good. Or maybe i have just not seen it yet.

Maybe you watch every Lyon game on TV - i dont now.

I think that most muppets on here see a few clips of a player on youtube, then see him being linked to us, then think he gods gift to football.

The only thing that concerns me is the question of, have we been caught napping? If we were genuinly interested it's disappointing, and worrying news.

very naive if you think this.

Its obvious that the player meant what he said 12 months ago which was that he wanted to play in madrid. That was his ambition and objective.

We made our interest very clear. The boy just had other dreams. Shit happens. We move on to the next.

the reason why players want to join madrid is because of the galacticos factor...the current crop of youngsters are joining because of the previous galacticos and because of the glamour that came with it.

unfortunately the next generation of talented youngsters will also dream of madrid because of the current galacticos being build by madrid.

SAF quoting Wellbeck will be on the plane to South Africa was an indication of his intent on giving him a good shot next season.

Sod it. Let Madrid flash the cash.

It's not a disaster if Welbeck or Macheda (or both!) get the opportunity this season. You never know - as you say they could make massive strides.

If Welbeck gets a regular run with us, he's a chance of the WC given the striking options of Capello.

Status
Not open for further replies.