Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am truly sad.. I have taken this worse than the Torres and Ronaldinho transfers.. IMO he was PERFECT for us..

I do not understand how he could choose to go to Real Madrid? (No I am not saying we were interested) He would have been better off staying at Lyon for another season.. Has the world gone mad? Why do they not understand that Real Madrid is a fecking mess? Is it just me? They change managers so fecking often.. There is no fecking stability... A circus would probably be better run than Real Madrid... and now they have decided to go out and buy the best players from all over the world without even considering how they would be able to play with each other.. Anyway I do not want to spoil my mouth any further.. I have had enough of them! I would have gladly lost Benzema to any other club like Inter, AC, Barcelona or feck even Liverpool-Not Really

I do not know whether we were interested or not.. I believe all of us should regret that we missed out on him.. & that If SAF was not interested in him he should have something better planned (and by that I do not mean signing a better player than him)

I for one will never get over this loss.. Yes I had said the same thing about Torres not too long ago.. But I truly feel this guy has everything in him to be as good if not better than Torres..

fecking hell

I really think the youngters and most of the senior players will be inspired next season.

It's true boss.

Three titles on the trot - if the squad had stayed the same, maybe a touch of complacency would have set in.

SAF will ensure a siege mentality now. We are at our best when the gaffer is telling our players that everyone is writing them off.

Rooney in his central position. Berbatov, Anderson and Nani with upturns in form. Get Hargreaves fit and settle Valencia in nicely. There is plenty of improvement within the current squad.

It's true boss.

Three titles on the trot - if the squad had stayed the same, maybe a touch of complacency would have set in.

SAF will ensure a siege mentality now. We are at our best when the gaffer is telling our players that everyone is writing them off.

Rooney in his central position. Berbatov, Anderson and Nani with upturns in form. Get Hargreaves fit and settle Valencia in nicely. There is plenty of improvement within the current squad.

Roll on August.

I dont think so. Walcott had the Southampton season under his belt before going to the Wolrd Cup.

But in a years time, Welbeck may be more advanced.

Nah, I mean in terms of game development. I agree Walcott has had more exposure to first team opportunities, but Welbeck looks to be more imposing. Walcott is still bullied out of games by savvy defenders.

Walcott has the pace factor - though Danny is no slouch - but I reckon Welbeck's allround game is more refined at this stage.

It's true boss.

It's exactly what I've been telling everyone. Next season will be very much like "you never win anything with kids" season.

SAF quoting Wellbeck will be on the plane to South Africa was an indication of his intent on giving him a good shot next season.

To put Benzema valuation into perspective, how much do you think Welbeck would cost on the muppet market right now?

Nah, I mean in terms of game development. I agree Walcott has had more exposure to first team opportunities, but Welbeck looks to be more imposing. Walcott is still bullied out of games by savvy defenders.

Walcott has the pace factor - though Danny is no slouch - but I reckon Welbeck's allround game is more refined at this stage.

There games are different.

I think the "pace factor" was what got Walcott on the plane to Germany.

I know the media slated Sven for it, but having an relatively unknown, quick, winger/forward on your bench could have been a good move in extra time when an oppositions defence if tiring.

Tevez will be no big loss. Without his work rate he was quite ordinary last year. I'm sure the youngsters or any low key signing will easily make up his loss. If our defence performs like last season we will be somewhere near.

One thing for sure, if we win the Premiership next year it will be one of the sweetest since SAF's first.

strikers go to madrid and some become worse than their potential was suggesting, Anelka (could have become as good as henry), Owen failed, fat Ronaldo, well he might have been the exception but so was his talent amongst his peers.

Benzema would have realised his potential better here, as would have Robben and the others who refused us.

Tevez will be no big loss. Without his work rate he was quite ordinary last year. I'm sure the youngsters or any low key signing will easily make up his loss. If our defence performs like last season we will be somewhere near.

One thing for sure, if we win the Premiership next year it will be one of the sweetest since SAF's first.

Fully Agreed. I m not saying he is a bad player but he is over-hyped and over-rated imo.

OK, he shows committment but for that money I pretend something more ....class for example..

£20mil if he had been on the back page of the Sun.

£30mil if a youtube highlights compilation was posted on redcafe.

If he was a Brazillian or an Argintinian I'd guess around 15/20 Million.

sounds about right given that teams are signing eastern european players I have never heard of for £20m+. Likewise, I guess Kiko would be about the same.

The boost we felt when we got Anderson & Nani was huge. I really think we are underselling the impact these two could have next year.

strikers go to madrid and some become worse than their potential was suggesting, Anelka (could have become as good as henry), Owen failed, fat Ronaldo, well he might have been the exception but so was his talent amongst his peers.

Benzema would have realised his potential better here, as would have Robben and the others who refused us.

Ruud, Butragueno, Di Stefano, Puskas, Santillana, Hugo Sanchez.

Its like a strikers graveyard.

sounds about right given that teams are signing eastern european players I have never heard of for £20m+. Likewise, I guess Kiko would be about the same.

The boost we felt when we got Anderson & Nani was huge. I really think we are underselling the impact these two could have next year.

I am very skeptical about Nani. If Fergie really believes in him he would have played more during the last two months of last season...

No, you tell me why us not signing Benzema makes you "truly sad".

Is he that good?

I have seen him 4 or 5 times for Lyon - once in the flesh V United at OT and a couple of times for France. He looks good to me, but hes not that good. Or maybe i have just not seen it yet.

Maybe you watch every Lyon game on TV - i dont now.

I think that most muppets on here see a few clips of a player on youtube, then see him being linked to us, then think he gods gift to football.

I have seen him around 15-20 times.. I.E Full matches.. and IMO he is destined for greatness.. The stumbling block (if any) being Real Madrid..

FFS I am speaking my heart out.. I never knew that was a crime.. moreover I never knew I would be getting tips for suicide attempts either..

I felt that I needed to say what I said so I went ahead and did exactly that..

I have seen him around 15-20 times.. I.E Full matches.. and IMO he is destined for greatness.. The stumbling block (if any) being Real Madrid..

FFS I am speaking my heart out.. I never knew that was a crime.. moreover I never knew I would be getting tips for suicide attempts either..

I felt that I needed to say what I said so I went ahead and did exactly that..

Heart, ass. Sounds the same to me.

I don't understand this at all. Okay, if they are his idol club so be it, but to choose Real where they have a plethora of strikers is nonsense. He is worried about being in the France Squad for 2010 and he chooses to go there... Maybe he knows something I don't.

I don't understand this at all. Okay, if they are his idol club so be it, but to choose Real where they have a plethora of strikers is nonsense. He is worried about being in the France Squad for 2010 and he chooses to go there... Maybe he knows something I don't.

Well there not siging Villa so why not??!! He would be in the same boat at United, as things stand!!

If anyone is contemplating suicide over not signing Benzema, PM me.

I can provide rope, cyanide or a tall building for you to jump from.

or better yet you can tell everyone why you changed your mind ;)

It's exactly what I've been telling everyone. Next season will be very much like "you never win anything with kids" season.

Don't get your hopes up!! :) I can't see us winning the title next season as things stand. Nothing to do with sigings, i thought so as soon as this season finished. However i did feel if we signed Benzema then we would have been hard to stop but was also counting on us keepin Ronaldo. I still feel we need a striker but there's really know one realistic out there we would be able to get that would make a big difference. £80m and no1 to spend it on!! :lol:

Don't get your hopes up!! :) I can't see us winning the title next season as things stand. Nothing to do with sigings, i thought so as soon as this season finished. However i did feel if we signed Benzema then we would have been hard to stop but was also counting on us keepin Ronaldo. I still feel we need a striker but there's really know one realistic out there we would be able to get that would make a big difference. £80m and no1 to spend it on!! :lol:

Two attempts and you still got it wrong. :p

What the hell is wrong with some of you.

So we didn't get Benzema....Think of the players we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.