Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether it was the money or not, maybe he had the choice and he picked Madrid. It feels like that summer Shearer decided to join Newcastle instead of us. That was his mistake, this is Benzemas.

I don't understand why some think he's doomed to failure at Madrid. If they can field a somewhat balanced side, once/if the players gel they have every chance of success. It won't come easily and probably won't be instant but there's a possibility things may click for them.

I don't understand why some think he's doomed to failure at Madrid. If they can field a somewhat balanced side, once/if the players gel they have every chance of success. It won't come easily and probably won't be instant but there's a possibility things may click for them.

I think he'll do really well for Madrid. But nothing is for sure.

Far too early to say he's doomed to anything but, as others have pointed out, the odds are stacked against him.

We can't though.

If we could sign Messi or Iniesta who would you want?

That is not necessarily a bad thing considering how successful we've been the last few seasons without signing any big names.

As I pointed out on the last page, if you look at Madrid's squad, it's littered with youngish players that Madrid bought under previous regimes with the desire to give them a platform to become world class. To varying degrees, it hasn't happened. When you consider the effort United put in to ensuring the infrastructure for developing young talent is there, you can see just what it requires. I'd say that Madrid are lacking in that area and that with the money they're throwing around in the transfer market to acquire the biggest names, it doesn't look like they're investing in improving themselves in this respect.

That's why I think questioning a 21 year old's decision to choose them over us is pretty valid.

As I pointed out on the last page, if you look at Madrid's squad, it's littered with youngish players that Madrid bought under previous regimes with the desire to give them a platform to become world class. To varying degrees, it hasn't happened. When you consider the effort United put in to ensuring the infrastructure for developing young talent is there, you can see just what it requires. I'd say that Madrid are lacking in that area and that with the money they're throwing around in the transfer market to acquire the biggest names, it doesn't look like they're investing in improving themselves in this respect.

What youngsters are we talking about here? Also I'd say Benzema has a lot more talent then some of the recent young-ish forwards they've purchased of late. Having said that Higuain played well last season, must be feeling a bit shite now.

So last I heard he was putting on a United shirt during a photoshoot, we signed this cnut yet?

What youngsters are we talking about here? Also I'd say Benzema has a lot more talent then some of the recent young-ish forwards they've purchased of late. Having said that Higuain played well last season, must be feeling a bit shite now.

I'm thinking of players like Saviola and Cassano - both linked at one time or another with United, and I'm sure there careers would be in better shape if they'd moved to United. Similarly, it looks like they're going to be looking to flog Snjeider, Robben, Van der Vaart and possibly Hunterlaar. Where is the logic in that? It doesn't speak much for the planning they put into player recruitment and player development that they buy players with such talent and now can't wait to get rid of them. Was does this say for their long term planning abilities?

Far too early to say he's doomed to anything but, as others have pointed out, the odds are stacked against him.

Why with their old strikers he's a starter unless he busts... Can't see Huntelaar staying to be honest, he doesn't like competition.

-------------Diarra------------
-Ronaldo-----Kaka-------Robben
--------Higuaín----------------
-------------Benzema----------

=Scary offense...

Fill your cocks with blood and thunder! When you see the transfer's threads ! Break your pants and crack your knickers men! If you wish to prevail! This red cock is what propels me! Jizz thrust in the sky! Aim directly for his crooked face! And look him straight in the eye! Caf's Muppets! Holy Grail!

Dead%20Kermit.png

Why with their old strikers he's a starter unless he busts... Can't see Huntelaar staying to be honest, he doesn't like competition.

=Scary offense...

There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Surely they've got to play

--------Raul---------------

And all roads lead to Raul and stop there

If United's bid was "only" 26 million considering that Fergie has at least 80 million in the bank and that he invested 31m in Berbatov, this implies that after all Fergie did not rate Benzema as highly as we thought...

Or maybe he preferred not entering into auctions with Madrid knowing that at the moment they practically have a bottomless pit, besides of course the "Aulas factor"..

My hatred for Real madrid and everything they stand for is building by the second. God i hope they dont win a fecking bean.

They'll be done by the Monopolies Commission at this rate. :)

There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Surely they've got to play

--------Raul---------------

And all roads lead to Raul and stop there

Sorry Perez will not put emphasis on Raul, the games I saw toward the end of the season he was used more as substitute any way. Closest I'd imagine is Guti as I think he's vice-captain. But as Casillas was captain during the Confed Cup I can see him taking over the reigns.

Now if they buy one world class CB and another LB they've taken over from Barca's mega team in my opinion. Doubt they will!

Plus my greatest joy is knowing the "gods" mess with the Champions League drawings and us meeting the new Real is sure to "pop" up :devil:

=Scary offense...

:eek::mad:

hate it when players keep snubbing us, not a nice feeling.

=Scary offense...

And not a Spaniard to be seen, I await Platini's immediate response to all of this. Oh wait, it's not an English team so he's probably ***ping away as we speak. Luckily Madrid didn't pay big bucks for any of those players, or else Platini really would look like a hypocritical, xenophobic twat...

And not a Spaniard to be seen, I await Platini's immediate response to all of this. Oh wait, it's not an English team so he's probably ***ping away as we speak. Luckily Madrid didn't pay big bucks for any of those players, or else Platini really would look like a hypocritical, xenophobic twat...

I think they did speak out on both the Kaka and Ronaldo transfers?

Just didn't get much coverage in the English press.

to be honest though, with Ramos and Ronaldo they are going to be ridiculously vulnerable on the rihgt flank.

i imagine they will play raul as he is practically a god out there...

also cassillias, ramos and albiol will play most games as well...

will we have 4 english players start most games?... rooney, carrick and ferdinand probably will but i imagine scholes, neville, brown, foster will probably play less than 1/2 the games... and if hargreaves is fit perhaps he will play as well...

but i dont think we will field many more english players than they field spanish

Im gutted they have signed benzema but fair play to them they have brought some serious quality so far this summer... how much have they spent so far??? about 180 million by my calculations... with possibly more to come!

to be honest though, with Ramos and Ronaldo they are going to be ridiculously vulnerable on the rihgt flank.
When they face top sides, that's the weakness that will be targeted. But I highly doubt that, throughout the course of the season, mid-table La Liga teams are going to be able to exploit this esp when they have to worry about their defence keeping Kaka/Ronaldo/Benzema from scoring.

It was a good day, muppets, wasn't it?

92 pages, great result.

Status
Not open for further replies.