Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we wanted Huntelaar we would have made him part of the Ronaldo deal.

That's true, but the picture has changed now. Benzema is out of contention unless we do something. Huntelaar will be a good option, he scores goals, which is what we need.

Why should anyone believe "esteemed journalist" Graham Hunter anyway. I won''t believe United have even bid for the player if Gill and Fergie do not confirm.

How may times is a player bought and people they throw in "he chose us over United/we outbid United" to make the player and the club sound better.

Graham Hunter could have cobbled together all that shite from this very thread. You can bet your arse that the bit about Benzema being happy to sign for United is based on those made-up comments from his Bosnian team-mate.

Barak Itzhaki from Beitar Jerusalem is avaialble for under a million. His wage demands are modest too- 10,000 a week and a falafel should tie the deal.
TV_48lalss84.jpg

It's the same story being rehashed lads and lasses. My spider-senses are tingling with new shit. Ooh!

it's all the same stories rehashed isn't it?

Wtf is wrong with some people today? ...

Until we have an offiical statement from Lyon, nothing has changed. Nothing. Go read a fecking book, you've all lay in the sun for too long :)

There's been nothing to indicate that we'll be getting Huntelaar:( He, Eto'o and Benzema are the only players I could see giving us enough goals.

So if we don't get any of those three we won't be good enough?

Until we have an offiical statement from Lyon, nothing has changed. Nothing. Go read a fecking book, you've all lay in the sun for too long :)

Heat + muppets + mention of cock = rehashed stories. :devil:

Graham Hunter could have cobbled together all that shite from this very thread. You can bet your arse that the bit about Benzema being happy to sign for United is based on those made-up comments from his Bosnian team-mate.

Exactly. Sid Lowe and Graham Hunter can get their story for the day by quickly reading a few football forums and throwing it down into 500 words. Easy money. I'm still 95% sure he's going to Madrid, but it would not surprise me if United dropped out of the market for Benzema a long time ago, if they were ever in the market in the first place.

Yeah great sign Huntelaar at what price £15m?

That would be giving money back to Madrid to help in their purchase of another star, maybe Ribery!

United knew all along Ronaldo was leaving so why leave it so late in signing replacements? Someone should of been signed before Ronnie was sold

Messi
Iniesta
Xavi
Henry
Eto'o
Villa
Aguero
Ronaldo
Kaka
Casillas

The list goes on.

Real Madrid have bought the best player in the Italian league, the best player in the English League, the best player in the french league (if the media are correct), and possibly the best player in the German league (if they bid enough).

That says it all imo.
Wrong,he wasn't close to being the best.
It was Gourcuff, so please talk about things you know for sure instead of making random suppositions

not my quote, but from my perspective, unless Berbatov and Rooney can really up their tally, as well as Valencia, Nani and Carrick getting a few, we will simply struggle to produce a genuine goalscoring threat. We lacked it somewhat last season, without Ronaldo we will lack it even more next season.

Wrong,he wasn't close to being the best.
It was Gourcuff, so please talk about things you know for sure instead of making random suppositions

He did say - 'If the media are correct'. No need to be such a cow about it

Another Twist

Olympique Lyon have reportedly had an €18 million bid for striker Lisandro Lopez turned down by Porto, with president Pinto da Costa wanting another €7m for the Argentine.

Lopez was in impressive form for the the Portuguese club last year and his efforts, especially in the Champions League, seem to have earned him plenty of potential suitors.

The apparent departure of Karim Benzema from Lyon has seen the French team target Lopez but Record reports that as of yet they have not had an offer accepted.

Earlier this morning it was reported that Real Madrid had agreed a deal for Benzema and, whilst that has been denied by Lyon, there is no doubt that if they lose the striker, they will need a replacement.

Porto president Pinto da Costa has not yet bowed to market pressure though and has set a high price of €25 million to release the Argentine international.

Reports state that Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas will not rise past €20 million in which case, business between these clubs could well be closed, and Lopez could stay in Portugal.

Hmmm i can't see them letting go if Benzema without finding an adequate replacement

I think I worded it badly but if we don't get a more orthodox striker then a lot of our 1-0 wins last year may end up being 0-0 this. I was in shock that we had made an offer for Tevez because with the loss of ronaldo having 3 strikers who all like playing deep would have damaged our chances without a doubt. You're being optimistic if you think we can win the league without signing a goal scorer because your assumption that others would contribute enough would be VERY optimistic.

Yeah great sign Huntelaar at what price £15m?

That would be giving money back to Madrid to help in their purchase of another star, maybe Ribery!

United knew all along Ronaldo was leaving so why leave it so late in signing replacements? Someone should of been signed before Ronnie was sold
Like us not buying Huntelaar would make them unable to buy Ribery :lol: I don't know if you've noticed, but they're not really in a position where they need to sell to be able to buy..

Deluded..

This is crap. Ronaldinho never wanted to come to us. The offers were the same. He chose souther climate.

depends what you believe. He was quoted as being happy to come. The fact is we didn't meet the price and barca came in late offering more then we were willing to pay and then he prefered barca

Lyon have confirmed a bid, thought to be from Madrid.

this is Aulas we're dealing with its all geared to eeking as much as possible out of united- it will happen, have faith

Lyon have confirmed a bid, thought to be from Madrid.

'thought' isn't and never will be 'confirmed'...

there simply is nothing new here. If madrid made the bid, why didn't they say madrid?...

I think I worded it badly but if we don't get a more orthodox striker then a lot of our 1-0 wins last year may end up being 0-0 this. I was in shock that we had made an offer for Tevez because with the loss of ronaldo having 3 strikers who all like playing deep would have damaged our chances without a doubt. You're being optimistic if you think we can win the league without sign a goal scorer because your assumption that others would contribute would be VERY optimistic.

Can't understand why you don't think Rooney, Berbatov and Nani will score more.

I think we'll cope fine, and I don't think signing a goalscorer is some magical fix.

depends what you believe. He was quoted as being happy to come. The fact is we didn't meet the price and barca came in late offering more then we were willing to pay and then he prefered barca

That was my recollection - we agreed a fee, and then at the last minute tried to knock a few million off it, allowing Barca to steal in and sign him.

I would be very disappointed if he does not sign for us. He reminds so much of fat Ronaldo with his great powerful strikes outside of the box. It has been a while since I have seen such a great striker like that and would be what Berbatov should have been.

40 mill would be a bargain for him in few years.

This is crap. Ronaldinho never wanted to come to us. The offers were the same. He chose souther climate.
:lol: Ronaldinho wanted to come. That is an open secret. Unfortunately we just refused to pay as much as Barcelona to get him. It's gonna be the same case with this dude if we miss out on him. It will be a case of us not putting up enough money than rather than he not wanting to come here.

This is what BBC says:

1557 BST: Lyon agree to sell France international Karim Benzema to Real Madrid for £30m, with the striker set to sign a six-year contract

But goal.com does not have it confirmed yet.

Some people's delusions never cease to amaze me on here.

yeah but your a spaz...

Listen, your following an assumption. I suggest you zip it unless you can start thinking foir yourself.

If there was confirmation, where is it? No one is saying it's not true, BUT feck me people aren't half jumping the gun.

If this was speculation about united people would be cautious - the fact it's about madrid, it's fecking gospel...

Can't understand why you don't think Rooney, Berbatov and Nani will score more.

I think we'll cope fine, and I don't think signing a goalscorer is some magical fix.

Berbatov spent a lot of time near the halfway line last season and you're making a big assumption if you think he'll score more. The season we won the double Ronaldo scored 40+, now if we want to win the double again, we will need those 40 goals and if you think Rooney, Berbatov and Nani will score their normal tallies and some more to accommodate that, then you're far too optimistic.

Nani's form was awful last season, so its a naive assumption on your part to think he'll chip in with enough next season. Yes its possible but we're much better off playing it safe and bringing in a goal scorer.

"I won''t believe United have even bid for the player if Gill and Fergie do not confirm.

How may times is a player bought and people they throw in "he chose us over United/we outbid United" to make the player and the club sound better."

Great post!

This is what BBC says:

1557 BST: Lyon agree to sell France international Karim Benzema to Real Madrid for £30m, with the striker set to sign a six-year contract

But goal.com does not have it confirmed yet.

goal.com is a heap of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.