Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
feckin shit on a stick.

if we lose out on him over a measerly 6 million quid, then we need our heads testing.

surely all this talk of us being in negotiations with Lyon and Benzema means that our bid was accepted, otherwise it would be tapping up, so it shouldnt really matter if Real made a larger bid?

feck sake, get a hold of yourselves. He isn't that great a player, Madrid are just being silly again paying ridiculous amounts for yet another attacker, obviously ignoring their defensive vulnerabilities. If they feel comfortable doing so then let them make a laughing stock out of themselves.

If Fergie was that desperate we would have had him earlier, but he isnt so im sure he's got something planned.

£6 million is more the we paid for Evra and £1 million short of Vidic, it is not nothing

As a percentage of what we earned from the Ronaldo sale, it isnt much.

7.5%.

surely all this talk of us being in negotiations with Lyon and Benzema means that our bid was accepted, otherwise it would be tapping up, so it shouldnt really matter if Real made a larger bid?

Well, Lyon could've given us permission to talk to the player while the 'suit's' sort out the actual fee for the player. During in which Real gazumped us.

No point in going into a bidding war with Real Madrid. They can afford gambling 30-40 million on a 21 year old. I won't be disappointed if we don't.

Yeah but if the lad isn't fussed either way, Lyon will just accept and go with the highest bid.

If we were in negotiations with the player himself, our bid must also have been accepted or it would be tapping up.

If it turns out that the reason we dont get him is over £6m, after we have just earned £80m from the Ronaldo affair and were willing to pay £1m more for Tevez (£24m vs £25m) then frankly Gill and Fergie need to loosen their damn purse strings. If we were willing to pay £30m for Berbatov, we can easily afford the same amount for Benzema.

With all that said, I sincerely doubt it is as simple and straightforward as that missing £6m.

edit: numbers may be slightly off, but the principle stands. If we can pay £30m for Berbatov and offer £25m for Tevez, Benzema is worth at least £32m

So thats £170 million Real Madrid have spent in the space of a month, and it doesnt look to end there.

Wonder whether Blatter will open his gob and try to limit this crazy spending.....or maybe im being too hopeful.

May be we're going for Huntelaar for cheap and are going to let Benzema go to Madrid

Just up the bid, if only to piss madrid off into having to pay even more. If we cant get our targets because of these fools, hopefully we can drive them into administration...

They won't be driven into administration. They'll just sell their training ground to the Madrid municipality...again.

feck anyone who pisses off to Madrid. Bastards.

Regards

Muppet on the edge. :(

Author: Ben Moss
Posted on: 01 July 2009 - 15:38

La Liga expert Graham Hunter and regular on Sky Sports’ ‘Revista de la Liga’, believes Real Madrid have beaten Manchester United to the signing of Lyon ace Karim Benzema, despite the French club strenuously denying any deal has been formalised.

Reports last night indicated Manchester United were in the driving seat for the 21-year-old France international, however news from Spain suggested today that Real Madrid had confirmed a deal in principle with Lyon, only for the club to deny such claims.

The esteemed journalist does however believe a deal is imminent, despite Manchester United holding talks with Lyon and the player over the last two days.

Hunter told Sky Sports News: “My understanding is that Real Madrid have offered £6million more than Manchester United were willing to pay for Benzema and they will be suffering because there is no doubt that in the last 48 hours they have been negotiating not only with Lyon but with the player, and the player was perfectly happy to go to Old Trafford.”

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/22571/La_Liga_expert_Real_have_beaten_United_to_Benzema_.aspx

Why should anyone believe "esteemed journalist" Graham Hunter anyway. I won''t believe United have even bid for the player if Gill and Fergie do not confirm.

How may times is a player bought and people they throw in "he chose us over United/we outbid United" to make the player and the club sound better.

Why do you want him to sign Huntelaar?

Benzema or Fabiano!

There's been nothing to indicate that we'll be getting Huntelaar:( He, Eto'o and Benzema are the only players I could see giving us enough goals.

There arent many other options available, and Madrid will be pretty eager to sell him and get him off the wage bill. Huntelaar or Benzema are my two firm favorites for strikers this summer, for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.