Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benzema is by far a better striker now than Torres was at 21. If he continues to develop for the next 4 seasons, as he has done over the last 2 seasons he'll be better definitely. Into the bargin, you'll have him fitting into our team and adapting to our style of play.

I personally feel he'll be the best in europe be the time he's 24. We will never have a better chance of landing him than we have right now, if he goes to next years WC and does anything just add £15m onto the current inflated price, and put Madrid beside his name.

Spot on Wiz :cool:

We gotta get this lad in asap, not just because we need him, but he's gonna be one of the best strikers/players in the world in a few years & by feck does he remind me of Zidane too - his balance, physique & stance, not to mention he actually looks a bit like him!

:devil: I'd love to see him here.... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... .......................:devil:

Very good player, the agent is a bit of a muppet. I can see Jorge Mendez all over again

err how? If anything his agent is making it easier for us and turning the pressure up on Lyon by saying no way is he worth more than David Villa and the stupid amounts quoted

Spot on Wiz :cool:

We gotta get this lad in asap, not just because we need him, but he's gonna be one of the best strikers/players in the world in a few years & by feck does he remind me of Zidane too - his balance, physique & stance, not to mention he actually looks a bit like him!

:devil: I'd love to see him here.... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... i'd really love it.... love it..... .......................:devil:

Sounds like you rate this lad pretty highly tbh

Sounds like you rate this lad pretty highly tbh

Yeah man he's class already, but with the right coaching he'll progress to the heights many think he'll reach. He's got the right Physique to develop into a serious handful & great pace to boot!

I would say that Benzema is probably the best prospect of his type at his age group in the world at the moment & i'd be gutted if he went somewhere else & thrilled if he came to us :)

If he does come to us, it'll show that the lad has class - ignoring the bullshit of Real & acknowledging United are the club to be at, and ballsy to come here attempting to take Ronaldo's mantle - that would impress me greatly :cool:

He'd be great. If only he could see that he could be a legend at this club.

If they score very few goals in Ligue 1, shouldn't it be more impressive to score?

I think that was what he was saying. Doubly impressive.

Dobbelt imponerende.

:smirk:

If we wait for him to play in a 'proper' league, it'll be too late, surely.

He's got 12 goals in 19 games in the Champions League, thats not too shabby either.

I've not seen him a lot myself if I'm honest, but eveytime I've seen him play he's stood out. He just looks like a proper footballer.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't make it at a top team within Europe.

If United waited for that it would be. That's not what I meant, I was just speaking about my own personal perspective. As a player he won't excite me until he's done it in a proper league.

He's said a number of times he wants to move to Spain.

It looks like it's between us and Real, so he'll probably choose Real.

Benzema is by far a better striker now than Torres was at 21. If he continues to develop for the next 4 seasons, as he has done over the last 2 seasons he'll be better definitely. Into the bargin, you'll have him fitting into our team and adapting to our style of play.

I personally feel he'll be the best in europe be the time he's 24. We will never have a better chance of landing him than we have right now, if he goes to next years WC and does anything just add £15m onto the current inflated price, and put Madrid beside his name.

Pretty much agree with al of that.

But you wouldn't expect him to come in and be immediately better than Torres, would you?

If United waited for that it would be. That's not what I meant, I was just speaking about my own personal perspective. As a player he won't excite me until he's done it in a proper league.

You'd have a point if we were talking about say, the K-league...the French league has a few good teams in it, and some of the teams were in the latter part of both European competitions. Its in the top 5 leagues around the world.

England
Spain
Italy
Germany
France

So, technically, he has done it in a 'proper' league, and he's also done it in the Champions League against us. Torres' goal scoring record the season he left Athletico wasn't great, but look what he's done for the scousers.

What league's are 'proper'?

You'd have a point if we were talking about say, the K-league...the French league has a few good teams in it, and some of the teams were in the latter part of both European competitions. Its in the top 5 leagues around the world.

England
Spain
Italy
Germany
France

So, technically, he has done it in a 'proper' league, and he's also done it in the Champions League against us. Torres' goal scoring record the season he left Athletico wasn't great, but look what he's done for the scousers.

The French is comfortably the weakest of those leagues. For God's sake Djibril Cisse was a star there.

As far as going far in Europe goes. Only Lyon have done anything of note in Europe in the last decade and that has been minimal. Two Ukarnian team got further in the UEFA Cup than any French side, is there league better? A case could be made for the Portugese league to be as strong as the French. Two of their clubs made the knockout stages in the Champions League despite having fewer entrants than the French.

He is also wasn't the top scorer in the French league last season by quite a distance. Benzema may well be a top player. I've already stated I have no opinion on him but I'd like to see him perform at a higher level before buying into his hype.

What league's are 'proper'?

To be considered a player worth £30 Million or more I'd expect a player to have made a name for himself in England, Spain or Italy or have consistently performed at International level.

As far as going far in Europe goes. Only Lyon have done anything of note in Europe in the last decade and that has been minimal. Two Ukarnian team got further in the UEFA Cup than any French side, is there league better

No Ukranian team in the latter stages of the CL. Lyon and Monaco have been there in the last 5 years or so.

and Benzema >>>>>> Cisse. Without doubt.

To be considered a player worth £30 Million or more I'd expect a player to have made a name for himself in England, Spain or Italy or have consistently performed at International level.

There's a good argument to say that the Italian, French and German leagues are all at a similar level curently, though.

No Ukranian team in the latter stages of the CL. Lyon and Monaco have been there in the last 5 years or so.

and Benzema >>>>>> Cisse. Without doubt.

And Porto have won it in that time. Is the Portugese league a great league? As have a Dutch side. Have Lyon ever been past the quarter finals? No French team in the latter stages of the Chapions League either. Last 16 isn't really the latter stages. It's the second stage.

And Porto have won it in that time. Is the Portugese league a great league? As have a Dutch side. Have Lyon ever been past the quarter finals?

:lol: which dutch side won it in the last 5 years?

Porto met Monaco in the final. It was quite an even game to be honest if I remember correctly.

Anyway, your going off on a tangent.

You'd probably be the worlds worst scout.

You're right. Somebody who'd pay £30 Million on a player they've probably barely seen who's generally flopped at international level would be much better.

To further back my point...

Number of participating clubs by nation, in the European cup:

Spain 12
Germany 10
France 9
Italy 8
England 7

Top 5 leagues in the world.

:lol: which dutch side won it in the last 5 years?

Porto met Monaco in the final. It was quite an even game to be honest if I remember correctly.

Anyway, your going off on a tangent.

Sorry, I meant to say a Dutch side have been to the latter stages in that time. Pretty sure Porto won the final 3-0.

What tangent is that? You brought up French sides records in Europe. I countered it.

You're right. Somebody who'd pay £30 Million on a player they've probably barely seen who's generally flopped at international level would be much better.

Barely seen? You think our scouts watch a player once? Or take advantage of a full season of games to watch him a good 20-30 times.

We don't live in the stone age, we can watch recorded games of a player you know.

To further back my point...

Number of participating clubs by nation, in the European cup:

Spain 12
Germany 10
France 9
Italy 8
England 7

Top 5 leagues in the world.

What does that even mean. Is that how many different clubs have competed? That doesn't prove the league's strength.

Nice tangent by the way.

Sorry, I meant to say a Dutch side have been to the latter stages in that time. Pretty sure Porto won the final 3-0.

What tangent is that? You brought up French sides records in Europe. I countered it.

the French league is better than you think it is. Just because it isn't broadcasted in this country, doesn't make it shit. It is a 'proper' league. Therefore, he has proven himself in a good league, and is ready to make the step up to a better league.

Status
Not open for further replies.