Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what of big spending Real circling Benzema as well as United?

"United would suit him better than Real," Bielderman added.

"United are a serious club and Sir Alex Ferguson a serious manager when it comes to developing young talent. He wants to improve and I think he could do that better in United's atmosphere rather than Real's Galactico-driven new era.

"He'd have more capacity to take his game on and be a regular with United. It would be less of a gamble for him to go to Old Trafford rather than the Bernabeu.

Seems like a key point in the L'Equipe article, does Benzema have the character to recognise the opportunity of SAF's tutelage, or is he more enamoured by the glamour of Real Madrid?

Seems like a key point in the L'Equipe article, does Benzema have the character to recognise the opportunity of SAF's tutelage, or is he more enamoured by the glamour of Real Madrid?

By the sounds of things, it's down to us 2, and you would have to agree with this assessment.

If Benzema chooses Real over us, then he's obviously dumb and looking to ruin his career.

In which case good luck to him. I'll either smile or laugh, the latter happening if he goes to Real

If Benzema chooses Real over us, then he's obviously dumb and looking to ruin his career.

In which case good luck to him. I'll either smile or laugh, the latter happening if he goes to Real

I like it how he has no chance of making it if he goes to real madrid but 100% chance of making it if he goes to united.

United close in on Karim

Sir Alex Ferguson took another step towards the £30m capture of striker Karim Benzema *yesterday.

But Manchester United could yet face fierce competition from bitter *transfer market rivals Real Madrid.

Fallen French champions Lyon opened the door to the sale of prize asset Benzema by making a £15m move for Porto striker Lisandro Lopez.

It is a clear indication that Lyon *president Jean-Michel Aulas is preparing to cash in on his 21-year-old star.

Lyon were knocked back in a bid for *Paris Saint-Germain’s Guillaume Hoarau. But their rapid response was a move for Portugal ace Lopez.

That is good news for United boss *Ferguson, who is aware Benzema is in no hurry to leave Lyon until after the World Cup next summer.

The Old Trafford chief’s main problem could be big-spending Spanish giants Real, who have taken £80m Cristiano *Ronaldo from United and also want Wigan winger Antonio Valencia.

Real’s arch-rivals, Treble winners Barcelona, said yesterday they will pay Valencia £38m for striker *David Villa – who has no intention of quitting Spain.

And that left Real admitting they have dropped their interest in the Spain *striker.

Villa killed any hope United and Chelsea had of taking him when he said: “Next season I will play in Spain because it is the league that is best for me.”

Real are now likely to target Benzema, leaving United to hope that the Galactico policy at the Bernabeu will persuade the young Frenchman his prospects will be better at Old Trafford.

Meanwhile, if Barca get Villa, it would allow the sale of Cameroon ace Samuel Eto’o to Manchester City – also *favourites to sign Carlos Tevez next Thursday.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/86443/United-close-in-on-Karim/

Aaah... the old "Here's the title" but dig a little deeper and there's no quotes with anything to do with the headline.

I think this transfer could depend on how much SAF wants Benzema.

Hopefully he can persuade Benzema that OT is the right place for him as a player.

he's shite anyways.

lets sign mark viduka on the cheap....premiership proven aswell with over 200 goals in the league.

Zidane is probably one of his heroes, if not his biggest hero(both of North African origin and both being Islam). So that could be a factor in him wanting to go to Madrid.

Zidane is probably one of his heroes, if not his biggest hero(both of North African origin and both being Islam). So that could be a factor in him wanting to go to Madrid.

I'm sure he'll be acutely aware of another Frenchman who did pretty well for us.

Benzema seems like a smart lad, so i'm sure he'll make the right decision for himself.

If the decision isn't United then he's a douche

sign him now!

If I see on the united website "Manchester united have agreed a deal with lyon and have been given permission to talk to Karim Benzema", I think I will scream like a school girl, in fact I know I will! I want it to happen so much, please dont disappoint fergie!!!Im checking every 5 mins for updates and its not healthy the anticipation is too much!!ahghhhh!!!!

I keep checking Google news for any new information. I hope one way or another this wont go on for ages.

Take it easy lads.. Its not like we are going to sign anyone before the Ronaldo transfer is complete anyway. Besides do you know realistically there is a very high chance that this transfer will not happen this year!

However I too would be gutted if he were to leave Lyon this year or next and it would not be to us..

Do people actually think he will actually come to us and sign for us even if we get a deal accepted by Lyon?

With the world cup coming I'm not sure he would, he could end up being another upset player from sitting on the bench.

Not everyone is Carlos Tevez.. I am sorry if that sounds rude but you were seriously asking for it!

I know little of him as a player having only seen him a handful of times. He played well and scored a good goal against us then flopped in the Euros. Is nobody else a little perturbed that a player who has a record of 1 goal in every 4 Internationals, just 66 goals in 149 games playing for a team in a league as poor as the French can be touted for fees of 30-40 Million? That kind of money for a very much unproven player is a little scary.

If this photo doesn't inspire Fergie to get the cheque book out, nothing will.

79859513.jpg

I remember Fergie said, "Great strikers score great goals" when asked about the karim of the crop's strike after that game.

Take it easy lads.. Its not like we are going to sign anyone before the Ronaldo transfer is complete anyway. Besides do you know realistically there is a very high chance that this transfer will not happen this year!

However I too would be gutted if he were to leave Lyon this year or next and it would not be to us..

We need this lad & we need him this summer, now that we've lost Ronnie & that Judas cnut No.2 Tevethethetheth. Thats all I have to say on this matter - get it done Fergie ya fecking legend ya :devil:

I know little of him as a player having only seen him a handful of times. He played well and scored a good goal against us then flopped in the Euros. Is nobody else a little perturbed that a player who has a record of 1 goal in every 4 Internationals, just 66 goals in 149 games playing for a team in a league as poor as the French can be touted for fees of 30-40 Million? That kind of money for a very much unproven player is a little scary.

I'm not worried at all. He might well have flopped in Euro 08, but he was playing in a France team that was shockingly bad. He wasn't the only one.

His goal scoring record for Lyon over the past two years though has been very very good, scoring 54 goals in 99 games. Which is a fantastic ratio for a young striker in my opinion.

Stats aside, he just looks like he's going to become a top top striker in the world. He's got fantastic ability and got all the attributes needed to succeed at the highest level in my eyes.

The fee might be a little more than expected, but personally I think he'd be worth the risk should be get him.

I'm not worried at all. He might well have flopped in Euro 08, but he was playing in a France team that was shockingly bad. He wasn't the only one.

His goal scoring record for Lyon over the past two years though has been very very good, scoring 54 goals in 99 games. Which is a fantastic ratio for a young striker in my opinion.

Stats aside, he just looks like he's going to become a top top striker in the world. He's got fantastic ability and got all the attributes needed to succeed at the highest level in my eyes.

The fee might be a little more than expected, but personally I think he'd be worth the risk should be get him.

Like I said. I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion either way but I'd be apprehensive until I seen how he does is in a proper league.

Good news.

Could that mean that Benzema wants to move here, but we don't want to pay silly money and his agent is actually helping us :eek: ?

Yeah thats what i thought man. Also its great to hear an agent putting things into perspective as regards to what Benzeme should cost against the cost of other players such as Villa.

Never know, this agent could have complete common-sense regarding this whole Galatico's nonsense aswell & encourage his man Karim to come to United & wear the soon-to-be vacated No.7 shirt or maybe thats goin to Costa - if we get him!

Still though, its an encouraging piece to read!

Like I said. I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion either way but I'd be apprehensive until I seen how he does is in a proper league.

If we wait for him to play in a 'proper' league, it'll be too late, surely.

He's got 12 goals in 19 games in the Champions League, thats not too shabby either.

I've not seen him a lot myself if I'm honest, but eveytime I've seen him play he's stood out. He just looks like a proper footballer.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't make it at a top team within Europe.

Finally.... a lifeline for the muppets....:lol:

It's just building up their hopes and going to make it worse when we don't get him. Like Torres or Ronaldinho all over again.

Lyon won't sell Benzema for less than 50m euro. Aulas is no fool.

Benzema agent: United want Karim...

In other news, a loud, worldwide unzipping sound was heard by people all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.