Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less that 40 Million Euro equates to less than 35 Million GBP.. Which IMO in this market is a acceptable price for him.. I was Thinking that it would be nearer to the amount of 40M GBP..

I cant see him going for less than £40m myself, with the market prices like they are, and Benzema rated as arguably the best young striker in the game, im personally quite surprised that the fees being thrown around arent already a lot higher.

The fee's that are being talked about are predicated on the fact that, regardless of the potential, that is still all that it largely is. As a club, you have to factor in the distinct possibility that a 21 year old might not improve to the degree that you expect. So that's why David Villa is worthy of a £40m+ price tag, and Benzema likely isn't. I certainly wouldn't be against paying that amount for him, but it does come with risk — and more so than with Villa, who, while still having to express his talent in a new environment, has largely reached his peak in terms of ability. Benzema still has both obstacles to overcome.

Of course, as with Ronaldo, when it does work out as you expect (or even better), the selling club wishes that they had sold the player for more, but they also have to understand that it was not inevitable, and that the buying club, while having little to do with the players base talent, have had everything to do with the development of that talent.

I must say, that when you guys posted straight after eachother, I found out for the first time that you are not in fact the same poster.

Two browsers open at the same time, two different accounts, easy.

I think the admins were in reverse mode when they gave you that tagline. I don't think I've seen one single post from you that is anywhere near the truth. I'd be quite surprised if they wouldn't sell him for £40M.

Are you soft in the head? You do realise that £40m is 47m Euro? Hardly a big difference with that and 50m Euro? :confused:

Remember how Aulas operates. They guy prides himself on getting in amazing money for transfers, and Benzema is the biggest talent they have ever had. Look back at the Diarra and Essien sagas.

I know little of him as a player having only seen him a handful of times. He played well and scored a good goal against us then flopped in the Euros. Is nobody else a little perturbed that a player who has a record of 1 goal in every 4 Internationals, just 66 goals in 149 games playing for a team in a league as poor as the French can be touted for fees of 30-40 Million? That kind of money for a very much unproven player is a little scary.

His poor international record is due to his inept coach Domenech who treats Benzema as much more of a bit part player than someone of his talent deserves. If you just glance at his record then 6 goals in 24 caps isn't great but only 13 of those caps were games Benzema started and he has only played the full 90 minutes for his country four times.

His record for Lyon since he established himself as a first team player at 19 is incredible.

08/09:
31(5) games and 17 goals in the league.
8 games and 5 goals in the CL.

07/08:
33(4) games and 21 goals in the league.
7 games and 4 goals in the CL.

I would consider a goal every two games a very good record for a striker and Benzema is comfortably beating that at the moment.

He is a phemonal player imo and if we can get him as cheaply as £30m I'll be over the moon. Less than we played for Berbatov will be an absolute steal and just as much of a good deal as when we payed a similar amount for an even less proven Rooney.

You do realise that £40m is 47m Euro?? :confused:

You don't remember how Aulas operates do you? They guy prides himself on getting in amazing money for transfers, and Benzema is the biggest talent they have ever had. Look back at the Diarra and Essien sagas.
Yes? And his agent doubts it will be more than 40M euro..

Essien was sold for £26M and Diarra for about £24M, so why couldn't he be sold for £40M?

Yes? And his agent doubts it will be more than 40M euro..

Essien was sold for £26M and Diarra for about £24, so why couldn't he be sold for £40?

Explain why me saying that Lyon will want 50m euro for him is a joke. But you saying that they will take £40m = 47m euro is not??? :confused:

His poor international record is due to his inept coach Domenech who treats Benzema as much more of a bit part player than someone of his talent deserves. If you just as the record then 6 goals in 24 caps isn't great but only 13 of those caps were games Benzema started and he has only played the full 90 minutes for his country four times.

His record for Lyon since he established himself as a first team player at 19 is incredible.

08/09:

07/08:

I would consider a goal every two games a very good record for a striker and Benzema is comfortably beating that at the moment.

He is a phemonal player imo and if we can get him as cheaply as £30m I'll be over the moon. Less than we played for Berbatov will be an absolute steal and just as much of a good deal as when we payed a similar amount for an even less proven Rooney.

Doubly impressive in French football which is, I think, the lowest-scoring league in Europe.

Of course, none of that matters if his heart is set on a move to Spain.

Explain why me saying that Lyon will want 50m euro for him is a joke. But you saying that they will take £40m = 47m euro is not??? :confused:
You're saying he will never go for anything less than 50M euro, I'm saying I don't even think it's going up to 45-47M. And I believe we'll be able to get him for 40M Euro.

His poor international record is due to his inept coach Domenech who treats Benzema as much more of a bit part player than someone of his talent deserves. If you just glance at his record then 6 goals in 24 caps isn't great but only 13 of those caps were games Benzema started and he has only played the full 90 minutes for his country four times.

08/09:

07/08:

I would consider it pretty darn good for a 21 year old striker

You're saying he will never go for anything less than 50M euro, I'm saying I don't even think it's going up to 45-47M. And I believe we'll be able to get him for 40M Euro.
£35M should be our absolute limit - for this summer. Post World-Cup the Pound might have appreciated he might have had an average season/tournament. I also want to see the team built around Rooney this season with Berba having a proper crack at the whip. This won't happen if we get Benzema.

It wouldn't surprise me if Benzema is on the move this summer, as it seems that Lyon are lining up replacements. So, I think they will be interested in selling him for big money, then they can buy the key players from their rivals and re-assert their domestic dominance.

But until something definite happens, i.e a bid, or someone declaring an interest, all these stories about Real being interested, United being interested, Lyon not wanting to sell.

They all seem to me to have the intention of raising his price as high as possible

£35M should be our absolute limit - for this summer. Post World-Cup the Pound might have appreciated he might have had an average season/tournament. I also want to see the team built around Rooney this season with Berba having a proper crack at the whip. This won't happen if we get Benzema.

Two pretty big ifs, don't you think?

There's a high chance that the pound won't have appreciated significantly, and that Benzema will have a very good season because he'll have Lisandro Lopez beside him to give him far more support.

Will Benzema be better than Torres is right now if he comes here?

Doubt it.

That's a bloody big ask for someone who's 4 years younger than him, and Torres is arguably the best striker in the world.

Benzema is still raw, definitely. He's more mature than most young strikers, but Torres is getting close to the peak age whereas Benzema's nowhere near it.

Doubt it.

That's a bloody big ask for someone who's 4 years younger than him, and Torres is arguably the best striker in the world.

Benzema is still raw, definitely. He's more mature than most young strikers, but Torres is getting close to the peak age whereas Benzema's nowhere near it.

Benzema is by far a better striker now than Torres was at 21. If he continues to develop for the next 4 seasons, as he has done over the last 2 seasons he'll be better definitely. Into the bargin, you'll have him fitting into our team and adapting to our style of play.

I personally feel he'll be the best in europe be the time he's 24. We will never have a better chance of landing him than we have right now, if he goes to next years WC and does anything just add £15m onto the current inflated price, and put Madrid beside his name.

Two pretty big ifs, don't you think?

There's a high chance that the pound won't have appreciated significantly, and that Benzema will have a very good season because he'll have Lisandro Lopez beside him to give him far more support.

Regardless of a highly productive season, should he stay at Lyon, then I don't think his transfer fee will go beyond €45 million.

Imagine......

-------Benzema----Berbatov
---------------Rooney

:drool:

Plus we might have that interchanging play again if Berba pulls his finger out

Good news

The agent of Karim Benzema admits Manchester United want the Lyon striker.

Karim Djaziri told Europe1: "(Sir Alex) Ferguson wants Karim this summer, however his transfer fee will not be over 40million euros.

"He is only 21, the only time a transfer of a 21-year-old went so high it was the Robinho transfer to Real Madrid.

"Karim can't be more valued than David Villa, who will cost more than 40million euros.

"The question is not if he will sign for one of the big clubs, but when."

Djaziri's comments come just three days after he insisted Benzema would not be leaving Stade Gerland for at least another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.