Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well everyone wants to go to Madrid, because the clubs selling want it to be a bidding war between our £100million vs the Spanish Government (AKA Real Madrid).

That or they want to be part of a CM cheat. :lol:

Zidanes on the case :lol:

BenzemaRoi.jpg

A loose translation:

Benzema: The Red Hot One

Madrid are in advanced negotiations for the Lyon number 9, after ruling out Villa. (right-hand-side)

The price is around 40 million euros, with a possibility to lower it by including a player. (Under the headline)

I hope that it isn't true, but if it is, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Of course, it would be spun as another player choosing Madrid over United, even though there is no serious evidence that we are even interested in the player.

That is absolute rubbish.. He is the number 10 for Lyon! :lol:

I think our number 1 target is Benzema, but that is not to say we do not have other targets. This transfer window seems to be all about Strikers right now.

Benzema
Eto'o
Villa
Aguero
Zlatan

I would not be suprised if all these players are at new clubs by the end of the transfer window.

Realistically: (Excuse the pun)

Benzema - Lyon/Real/Man Utd
Eto'o - Barcelona
Villa - Valencia
Aguero - Athletico
Zlatan - Real
Adebayor - Real/Inter
Forlan - Real/Athletico

I took the privilege of adding Adebayor & Forlan..

Bye bye Benzema?

If this story is true, Aulas and Lacombe would have simply linked us to Benzema in order to hike the price up

Real Madrid bid to scupper Manchester United's swoop for Lyon striker Karim Benzema

Real Madrid are threatening to hijack Manchester United's bid to sign Karim Benzema from Lyon.

The Spanish giants are ready to turn to the France striker after being frustrated in their attempts to sign David Villa from Valencia.

Euro 2008 striker Villa is keen on a move to the Bernabeu, but Valencia say he is no longer available for sale.

Madrid director general Jorge Valdano said: 'We believe in the word of Valencia and we respect their decision - that is why we have changed targets.'

Lyon admit they will struggle to hold on to 21-year-old Benzema after the market became inflated by Madrid's lavish spending.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is an admirer, but Madrid president Florentino Perez has already twice met Benzema's agent Karim Djaziri, in Madrid and Geneva, according to Spanish newspaper Marca.

The La Liga giants are hope to do a deal for about £34million and will offer players to go in the other direction after Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas expressed an interest in Madrid's Dutch trio Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Arjen Robben and Royston Drenthe.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...woop-Lyon-striker-Karim-Benzema.html?ITO=1490

I do fear Real Madrid on this one. Benzema has a dream of playing for them and they have plenty of cash to satisfy Lyon. If they want him, they will get him. That would be such a shame because he seems like the ideal striker for us right now.

If we have a chance of acquiring him then I think we should take it.

I do fear Real Madrid on this one. Benzema has a dream of playing for them and they have plenty of cash to satisfy Lyon. If they want him, they will get him. That would be such a shame because he seems like the ideal striker for us right now.

If we have a chance of acquiring him then I think we should take it.

I'm in two minds because I agree with you but there would be less pressure in a world cup year moving to Old trafford if he was going to go anywhere

He might be an idiot and fall for the rubbish madrid tell him - if this is all true, but if you're going to move one year before world cup, anyone with a brain would go for United.

In terms of environment, we're stable and I would hope he would know that.

In terms of selection it'd be a certainty but footballers these days!

So we'll just have to wait this one out

I'm in two minds because I agree with you but there would be less pressure in a world cup year moving to Old trafford if he was going to go anywhere

He might be an idiot and fall for the rubbish madrid tell him - if this is all true, but if you're going to move one year before world cup, anyone with a brain would go for United.

In terms of environment, we're stable and I would hope he would know that.

In terms of selection it'd be a certainty but footballers these days!

So we'll just have to wait this one out

No, he'll be a dipshit and go to Madrid where his career will go down hill whilst the team wins nothing because the entire forward line can't track back.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...eal-benzema-non-si&sl=it&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Lyon closed the door in the face to Real: "Benzema will not move"

Other than Real Madrid! Karim Benzema next year will still be a player of Lyons.

Confirmation was responsible for communication dell'Olio Olivier Blanc which has closed the doors to a transfer dell'Asso French in Spain.

In a statement issued to the Agency France Press in fact, Blanc has confirmed the incedibilità player: "The only novelty is that the Real contacted us to know our position on Karim Benzema. We have just confirmed our decision to keep still with us. Benzema also has not conducted any negotiation staff."

At least the muppets will put their cocks away.

Close the thread.

If people want to discuss the possibility of a transfer, let them. If you don't like it I suggest you stay out of the Transfer Forum.

Sorry if I sound rude.

If people want to discuss the possibility of a transfer, let them. If you don't like it I suggest you stay out of the Transfer Forum.

Sorry if I sound rude.
No at all :)

It was just the fact that people were so certain that this transfer was going ahead, whe they had no reliable sources whatsoever.

Other than 'he's good and he's young, therefore we're signing him' :wenger:

Here's Benzema with his new tattoo. Is that a hint? He just wants to play and then die or something like that.

340x.jpg

Real Madrid have contacted Lyon regarding the availability of Karim Benzema, according to the French club's director of communications Olivier Blanc.

Both Real and Manchester United are said to be admirers of the France striker and a summer bid has been mooted.

However, it appears that Benzema is keen to remain at Stade Gerland for another campaign as he looks to continue his development.

Blanc reiterated that Lyon plan to keep hold of the 21-year-old star but admitted Real have approached the Ligue 1 side.

He said in Marca: "Benzema and Lyon have both confirmed their intentions to continue working together.

"The only new issue is that Real Madrid contacted us a few days ago to discover the club's position regarding Benzema.

"But we know the player wants to stay one more year at Lyon and we want to keep him."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_5400054,00.html

Is this thread still going.When will it sink in that it's not happening.

I think most of us are prepared for us NOT to get Benzema, it probably won't happen. But what's slightly frustrating is that he - probably the player we most want to replace our departing best player with - might instead/also join the team to whom we sold our best player. Same with Ribery, really.

Balls.

go on MEN there is a good story on there saying he would prefer us over real, i cant put the link in coz im on the mobile at work!!

i think the guy just read my post in fairness lol

it's squeeky bum time

Reds eye Aguero and Benzema

Stuart Mathieson

June 25, 2009

KARIM Benzema would quit Lyon, snub Real Madrid and gamble on his World Cup place if United stumped up the cash to tempt the French club to part with the sought-after striker.

That is the opinion of highly-respected French magazine L'Equipe's chief football writer Eric Bielderman.

The Reds are concerned that the Premier League champions' wish-list of front men to replace the goals of Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez is fast becoming impossible to nail down.

Alongside Benzema on Sir Alex Ferguson's transfer target radar is Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero.

The 21-year-old Argentine is also wanted by Chelsea but his Spanish employers are ready to play hard-ball.

"I know that the big clubs of Europe are interested in our player, but I have spoken with the people next to Sergio and I am convinced that next season he will continue in the squad," said president Enrique Cerezo.

"We have not received formally any offers and the club's board of directors have had a meeting and the decision is clear - Sergio Aguero is not for sale and only if a club pay his release clause could an exit be possible.

"We will not sell. We have a good team and we will strengthen it in every way that we can. We are absolutely calm, not afraid of anything or anyone. We have contracts that we respect and we hope others respect them."

The release clause that would trigger the Aguero sale is around £55m.

Despite the £80m windfall from Ronaldo, the £25m saved on Tevez and a probable £6m for the sale of Fraizer Campbell to Hull, United would certainly baulk at Aguero's buy-out price.

There are no such massive clauses for Benzema. But it has become obvious and a concern for Reds fans that three obstacles stand in the way of Fergie landing a young player he has long admired.

Safeguard

First is that Benzema wants to stay at his hometown club for another year to safeguard his place for France in South Africa next summer if they quality.

Secondly, he has also claimed he would prefer to move eventually to Real.

And thirdly, Lyon don't want to sell.

But L'Equipe's Bielderman believes they are not insurmountable barriers for United.

"If Karim stays at Lyon then he is sure to be Lyon's regular front man and France's first-choice striker at the World Cup if we qualify," Eric told M.E.N. Sport.

"But if he goes to United and is in competition with Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and whoever else they may buy up- front then he might lose some confidence if things are not going well as he settles into a new club, a new league and a new country for the first time in his career.

"That would probably jeopardise his international standing. It would be a big challenge for him. So leaving Lyon would be a gamble. That's his main concern.

"But that's not to say he is unambitious or lacking in self belief. Not at all. He is a very confident guy and very sure of himself and his qualities.

Character

"His character and professionalism have developed and progressed very smoothly with Lyon.

"He might consider that to take it onto the next stage, then he has to move. He had touched the very top in French football, winning the league with Lyon but last season was a bit boring for him. Lyon were not champions and he might now be tempted by a challenge and be prepared to take the World Cup risk."

But what of big spending Real circling Benzema as well as United?

"United would suit him better than Real," Bielderman added.

"United are a serious club and Sir Alex Ferguson a serious manager when it comes to developing young talent. He wants to improve and I think he could do that better in United's atmosphere rather than Real's Galactico-driven new era.

"He'd have more capacity to take his game on and be a regular with United. It would be less of a gamble for him to go to Old Trafford rather than the Bernabeu.

"He'd also be fine in the Premier League. He's quick, skilful and clever but can also protect himself from the physical challenges.

"He's got the ability and adaptability to play up-front or in a wider forward position like Rooney or Thierry Henry."

So, assuming Benzema is ready to chance his arm over his World Cup ambitions, and could be persuaded that Manchester rather than Madrid is his best footballing option, can Lyon be shifted?

"That is the key," added Eric.

"He is Lyon-made. He's been there all his career. If he thought the club were not 100 per cent behind keeping him then he would go.

"But if they relent and show that they are willing to talk to another club if the price is agreed, then I think he would say he would have to take the opportunity.

"If Lyon stick to their guns and are not swayed by a big fee then he'd be happy to stay.

"But as soon as they alter that attitude a bit then he might not think they are completely behind keeping him anymore.

"We have a feeling over here that that will be the case and Lyon and United will agree a fee and Benzema would go to Old Trafford."

Interesting, but it hardly suggests that Benzema, himself, believes that United are the better club for him.

I'm still getting my cock out, though. Just for an airing, you understand.

Interesting, but it hardly suggests that Benzema, himself, believes that United are the better club for him.

I'm still getting my cock out, though. Just for an airing, you understand.

Poor article, I would expect better from the M.E.N to be honest.

The beginning of the article implies that Benzema would do this (chose United over Real) but in reality is just the opinion of a writer for L'Equipe on what Benzema could and should do. It has no real connection to Benzema.

Interesting, but it hardly suggests that Benzema, himself, believes that United are the better club for him. I'm still getting my cock out, though. Just for an airing, you understand.
:lol::lol: joga you have swiftly become my favourite poster for your intellectual yet modest style and now your charming humour! keep it up... And keep it aired out

so you would believe the Marca quotes but not for a second , Le'Equipe which is amuch more respected magazine/paper

Status
Not open for further replies.