Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Benzema going out on the cheap to some team. Sneidjer and Robben have been bargain signings for Inter and Munich. Someone else could get lucky with Benzema.

Don't they play 4-3-1-2?

Essentially...

Granero Alonso Gago
-------VDV
Ronaldo Higuain

Before that they had Marcelo/VDV/Guti in Gago's role, Diarra in Granero's role and Kaka in VDV's role?
The pretty much play a 4-3-3 with the front 3 free to float and do what they fill like. So RVDV and Kaka usually end up behind both Higuain and Ronaldo for most of the game. When Benzema has started Higuain and Ronaldo have really been mostly wide of him.

Just because we signed a young and upcoming 21 year old striker does not mean we will not be in the market for another striker.. I think we will get rid of one or both of Owen and Berbatov & any or both of Welbeck and Diouf could find themselves out on loan..

P.S I may be very very wrong in my thought process too but I just cant see this being the last of our signings in the striking department..

but we need a striker just as much as we need a creative midfielder. If Rooney is hurt we go into panic mode just like we are now. Berb is never going to be what we want and macheda is to young and inexperienced to step in and fill the role.

I agree entirely with this man right here.

Just because we signed a young and upcoming 21 year old striker does not mean we will not be in the market for another striker.. I think we will get rid of one or both of Owen and Berbatov & any or both of Welbeck and Diouf could find themselves out on loan..

P.S I may be very very wrong in my thought process too but I just cant see this being the last of our signings in the striking department..

Owen has another year on his two year deal and will be returning. Add Welbeck, Kiko, Diouf, and this new guy, and it doesn't look very likely that we'll be getting yet another striker (even if Berba leaves, which is also questionable). Although it won't stop some of the muppets in here from drawing up all sorts of fantasy formations with players we'll never sign.

Owen has another season left on his contract. No club will pay good money for Berbatov given his age and inconsistent season. Diuof has only just arrived and SAF seems to like Marcheda. We won't buy another striker/forward inho. Why would we anyway? Berba has not been his best but that may change next season - could we risk him going elsewhere and doing well? As for no cover for Rooney, well owen and kiko when both fit (not this last week). We don't need Benzema, nor could we fit him in.

Owen has another season left on his contract. No club will pay good money for Berbatov given his age and inconsistent season. Diuof has only just arrived and SAF seems to like Marcheda. We won't buy another striker/forward inho. Why would we anyway? Berba has not been his best but that may change next season - could we risk him going elsewhere and doing well? As for no cover for Rooney, well owen and kiko when both fit (not this last week). We don't need Benzema, nor could we fit him in.

These last 5 EPL games will decide Berbas fate if it hasn't been done already.

These last 5 EPL games will decide Berbas fate if it hasn't been done already.

I think its already been done. The SAF knows that in order to move forward Berbatov is not the answer. He has never played that well even when in a 442 with Wayne. He and Owen looked good together but the point is bringing talent that fits Wayne. Berbatov is good for Spurs or a mid table team or even a team in Italy for that matter but not for Manchester. Our attack is about being quick and he slows that down. Most counter attacks he farther back than our midfielders. I was a big supporter of bringing Berbatov here but I say its time to cut losses and remove his high wages off the books.

He is never coming to this club so lets forget about him for good now
Real Madrid Striker Karim Benzema: I Am Staying At The Bernabeu Beyond The Summer
Football News, Football Scores, Football Transfers, Transfer News, Transfer Rumours, Premier League News, World Cup 2010 News - Goal.com

Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has dismissed reports suggesting that he was looking to move out of the Santiago Bernabeu at the end of the season and has stressed that he wants to carry on playing for los Blancos.

The French international striker's future had come under much speculation in recent weeks after he fell down the pecking order. Signed from French giants Olympique Lyon for €35 million in the summer, the 22-year-old has not been very consistent and has struggled for goals too, his fellow Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain emerging as the better and more prolific forward in the Real Madrid side.

However, Benzema has now come out of the shadows and has waved away any suggestion that he wanted an exit from the Spanish capital.

In an interview with the programme Telefoot on French television channel TF 1 that will be broadcasted on Sunday, Benzema said, "I did not sign for Madrid to go to another club just after one year. I want to succeed here.

"People like to invent stories but I am focused on staying (at Real Madrid), which is one of the biggest clubs in the world."

He looked overweight tonight, very slow and ponderous....

I thought that, though I haven't seen enough of him to know whether that's his natural size or not. But he looked unfit to me. Regardless of being match sharp, a player shouldn't be struggling with his weight, particularly mid-season.

When he came on last night did he get boo'd by the Madrid fans?

Excellent career decision by the boy.

The madrid fans will probably take offense at madrid being called one of the biggest clubs in the world :) Well in Karim.

Juve are now after him and Gourcuff according to some sites.

He is never coming to this club so lets forget about him for good now
Real Madrid Striker Karim Benzema: I Am Staying At The Bernabeu Beyond The Summer
Football News, Football Scores, Football Transfers, Transfer News, Transfer Rumours, Premier League News, World Cup 2010 News - Goal.com

Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has dismissed reports suggesting that he was looking to move out of the Santiago Bernabeu at the end of the season and has stressed that he wants to carry on playing for los Blancos.

The French international striker's future had come under much speculation in recent weeks after he fell down the pecking order. Signed from French giants Olympique Lyon for €35 million in the summer, the 22-year-old has not been very consistent and has struggled for goals too, his fellow Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain emerging as the better and more prolific forward in the Real Madrid side.

However, Benzema has now come out of the shadows and has waved away any suggestion that he wanted an exit from the Spanish capital.

In an interview with the programme Telefoot on French television channel TF 1 that will be broadcasted on Sunday, Benzema said, "I did not sign for Madrid to go to another club just after one year. I want to succeed here.

"People like to invent stories but I am focused on staying (at Real Madrid), which is one of the biggest clubs in the world."

The final decision is not in his hands.

I think he's been shitted on over there but that's nothing new, coming on after Raul was a disgrace in itself in my opinion, get out while you can Karim and go on to greater things like Sneidjer and spend your evenings laughing at these blanco cnuts

Oh well. He knew what he was getting into when he signed for them.

I don't feel sorry for him one iota.

People get hypnotised by the lure of Madrid - but he'd have probably been on his way to becoming one of the best strikers in the world at United.

People get hypnotised by the lure of Madrid - but he'd have probably been on his way to becoming one of the best strikers in the world at United.

Too young, too head-in-the-sky to know better.

I really don't think he did, they never do really, they get blinded by the image these cnuts seem to have, so many disgruntled former employees, players would eventually realise the truth behind what really goes on there. Hopefully one day....I don't wish ill, he could have never predicted all of this, he went there thinking they would develop him into the best striker, I thought it was almost cowardly how Pellergrini threw him on the deep end yesterday after Raul, you just knew he would feel some of the fans wrath. Pathetic really.

I really don't think he did, they never do really, they get blinded by the image these cnuts seem to have, so many disgruntled former employees, players would eventually realise the truth behind what really goes on there. Hopefully one day....I don't wish ill, he could have never predicted all of this, he went there thinking they would develop him into the best striker, I thought it was almost cowardly how Pellergrini threw him on the deep end yesterday after Raul, you just knew he would feel some of the fans wrath. Pathetic really.

Sorry to disagree but anyone with a knowledge of how Real work could have predicted how players are treated there.

If a player doesn't have an immediate impact, he'll be out in one season. If he has a medium impact then he'll get one-and-half season, maybe two before he's shown the door.

That's leaving aside the fact that players are brought by the board and not by the manager so, if he takes a dislike to a player then he'll get little to no chance to impress.

Also, this Madrid doesn't develop players. The spend hundreds of millions to buy players who have immediate impact.

I suppose he had the confidence it'll be different for him, and that he'll do it right straight away. Poor bloke, I actually feel sorry for him.

Sneijder and Robben also said they weren't going to leave Real, but Real wanted them out so out they went. If Real go for Villa again they may well sell Benzema. I would snap him in a heart beat. Not only is he a great talent and has the attributes we need, he'll have gotten that wierd Real Madrid bug out of his system. perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.