Film Justice League

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
All of them, tbh. The Flash is the most OP hero in all of DC when you look at the implication of his powers. He's on record as being able to perceive events that take place in less than an attosecond, there's literally nothing Superman could do to him. The millisecond that he even begins turning to face him to throw a punch or a laser starts coming out of his eyes he's perceived it in real time and adjusted and gotten out of the way at the speed of light. He's capable of running 13 trillion times the speed of light. There's a lot of 'oh well Superman can predict where he's going to be' but that only works if the Flash just continues running in that direction but the reality (lol) would be that the second he starts firing his laser beam or whatever, the Flash sees it coming for like a year in his own brain and just course corrects and never, ever gets hit. He also has the infinite mass punch that allows him to punch with the power of a dwarf star exploding, and if he is losing he can literally just run back in time and reset. Any situation fathomable could be solved by him just running in and out with the villain and into jail in less than 0.0001 seconds, he's impossible to really translate to movies without pissing all over all the other heroes.
Thanks for that.

Which comics are these? I'm out the loop.Was it a good arc, or did it feel far-fetched and silly? If Flash is basically a god now, who are his enemies and any notable battles/stories for me to pick up?

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Thanks for that.

Which comics are these? I'm out the loop.Was it a good arc, or did it feel far-fetched and silly? If Flash is basically a god now, who are his enemies and any notable battles/stories for me to pick up?
I haven't read it for a long time, but I would assume it's still Eobard Thawne as they had a crossover recently with Watchmen and Thawne beat the shit out of Batman.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They have this huge mythological pretentious build-up and yet it'll whittle down to, once again, at who can punch who the hardest. Cant we just get to that ?

Last edited:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I haven't read it for a long time, but I would assume it's still Eobard Thawne as they had a crossover recently with Watchmen and Thawne beat the shit out of Batman.
Did they eventually nerf him, do you know? Or is he still operating at omega/god levels as a walkaround character?

evil_geko

Why oh why is something like this 4 hours ? :lol:
I mean, DC didn't do the Marvel and have a solo movie for ever member of JL so he had to develop lots of characters from scratch in one movie, it should be even longer than 4 hours to be honest.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I mean, DC didn't do the Marvel and have a solo movie for ever member of JL so he had to develop lots of characters from scratch in one movie, it should be even longer than 4 hours to be honest.
True, I dont really know how Metal-Man became who he was. As is the case with most superhero's they tend to get bitten by something radioactive or fall into something, in this case maybe a construction site storage box.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
True, I dont really know how Metal-Man became who he was. As is the case with most superhero's they tend to get bitten by something radioactive or fall into something, in this case maybe a construction site storage box.
Just from the shitty 2017 JL release, Cyborg was a star athlete at school, had an accident and his dad - one of the scientists for star labs*, used robotics and the power of one of the mother boxes (i think) to put him back together again. Apparently he has much better character development in the Snyder cut.

*I say star labs because there's the one from the Arrowverse that came to mind :lol:

rotherham_red

With all these good-great reviews and the undoubtedly massive streaming numbers it'll generate, it's a no-brainer that WB are going to green light a sequel, right?

hungrywing

Much better than the theatrical release. (which isn't hard to do, tbf) A much more dramatic improvement than between BvS and its extended edition. That movie went from crap to crap with an extra dab of crap.

This one goes from blech to hey, that wasn't too bad.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
With all these good-great reviews and the undoubtedly massive streaming numbers it'll generate, it's a no-brainer that WB are going to green light a sequel, right?
And if Snyder directs the sequel and it isn't good, does Whedon get to come in a few years later to change it?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Let's hope so bro :drool:
And if Snyder directs the sequel and it isn't good, does Whedon get to come in a few years later to change it?
Gives a whole new literal meaning to "Flashpoint" :lol:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just seen a, quite frankly, disgusting rumour on FB, that this has appeared on torrent sites.

Will be investigating later and will be reporting if true.

evil_geko

The leaked copy of the movie is a not a really good one, especially audio. So I would still wait if you want to have the best experience.

Traub

The leaked copy of the movie is a not a really good one, especially audio. So I would still wait if you want to have the best experience.
I heard the same, lucky this filth was only able to do 2 channel audio. I hope someone here let’s us know when the better audio version is out so that we can all report it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fair enough... The version I saw looked fine. Seen 3 chapters, all good so far.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Version i saw was good quality but only in 4:3 for some reason.

Edit: oh, and I was disgusted.

Ekeke

I was skeptical, didn't think it would be all that different but it felt quite different. I gave the Justice League a 7/10 if I recall, I liked it enough to think it was good but obviously not as good as something like Avengers Endgame and not the best movie they could have made.

For the Snyder cut I'd go with 9/10. There are a few things I'd still change, but its much better overall and if there are no sequels, directed by Snyder or otherwise, then it would be a shame. Because the Snyder cut does set up a more interesting world and a much cooler feeling Justice League.

The story is better. But how can it not be when its so much longer than the other version? And there are 2021 effects instead of 2017 effects or whatever. Some of the visuals are a lot better, but again thats what you'd expect from a movie coming out now and new money spent on effects. I do feel like at least an hour of the movie is in slow motion and maybe they should have cut back on that. But overall as a big DC comics fan I'm very happy with it. Fisher/Cyborg came out of it looking much better to me than the other movie and I'd be far more interested in seeing more of him than I felt previously.

Not a plot spoiler but how a character is portrayed spoiler :

Still not sure why Ezra Miller was cast as Flash though and being used for all the comedy made me think more of Wally West's Flash from Justice League / Justice League Unlimited cartoons instead of Barry Allen.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Much much better than the weed cut, story is obviously fleshed out a lot more, the visuals are great, the score works to help the movie instead of distracting you from it.

Andy_Cole

I was skeptical, didn't think it would be all that different but it felt quite different. I gave the Justice League a 7/10 if I recall, I liked it enough to think it was good but obviously not as good as something like Avengers Endgame and not the best movie they could have made.

For the Snyder cut I'd go with 9/10. There are a few things I'd still change, but its much better overall and if there are no sequels, directed by Snyder or otherwise, then it would be a shame. Because the Snyder cut does set up a more interesting world and a much cooler feeling Justice League.

The story is better. But how can it not be when its so much longer than the other version? And there are 2021 effects instead of 2017 effects or whatever. Some of the visuals are a lot better, but again thats what you'd expect from a movie coming out now and new money spent on effects. I do feel like at least an hour of the movie is in slow motion and maybe they should have cut back on that. But overall as a big DC comics fan I'm very happy with it. Fisher/Cyborg came out of it looking much better to me than the other movie and I'd be far more interested in seeing more of him than I felt previously.

Not a plot spoiler but how a character is portrayed spoiler :

Still not sure why Ezra Miller was cast as Flash though and being used for all the comedy made me think more of Wally West's Flash from Justice League / Justice League Unlimited cartoons instead of Barry Allen.
You have the original 7/10?

meamth

I'm emotional.

That was the best out of 3 from Snyder.

Superman's giving me goosebumps.
Flash's epic last scene, goosebumps.
Batman is cool again.
Wonderwoman badass.
Love all the back stories.
Love the Joker.
Love the Injustice league foreshadowing.

Man, there is so much to talk about. ZSJL:8.5/10

Love love love.

EDIT:
Oh the action scenes are mind blowing. Thought I got tired of watching super hero action, this is on another level.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This becoming an issue now as it seems to be downloading itself onto my PC.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I keep hearing this has got great reviews, but it’s 57 on Metacritic, which is always a much better barometer than RT and tbh sounds about right for an angsty Zach Snyder slow motion cutscene fest... anyone in here who isn’t already amenable to this whole idea care to recommend it as genuinely good?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I keep hearing this has got great reviews, but it’s 57 on Metacritic, which is always a much better barometer than RT and tbh sounds about right for an angsty Zach Snyder slow motion cutscene fest... anyone in here who isn’t already amenable to this whole idea care to recommend it as genuinely good?
Yep, it would be more accurate to say it has got some great reviews (like the 4 & 5 stars in The Guardian and The Telegraph respectively). A lot of the others have been two or three star "better than the first version but still not great" type reviews. So while RT will count a lot of those three stars as fresh, on metacritic you get a better idea of how qualified those more moderately positive reviews are.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You're not gonna like it Mocks :lol:

Woodzy

This becoming an issue now as it seems to be downloading itself onto my PC.
This sounds like some sort for virus. I deal with these things on a daily basis, could you please advise where you obtained this virus so that I can help to eliminate the problem?

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Much better than the first, Cyborg and Flash really came a long way since the first movie but I do wish though they didn't play epic music scores every 30 seconds for 4 hours straight.

I don't know what Whedon was thinking leaving out SPOILERS
Martian Manhunter, Deathstroke and Joker as well as footage of Green Lanterns, Darkseid, Granny Goodness and DeSaad. It's not even like he made a 2 part movie he just thought feck it we'll take all these out and just release a hodge podge mess.

evil_geko

Yeah, this was TONS better than theatrical release, goes from 6/10 to 8.5/10 for me.

@Mockney that is Zacks style, if you don't like his style, you wont like any version of this movie however good it is. And this is a much better movie, that 57 on Metacritic is laughable to be honest, it is just popular to hate on Zack I guess.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yeah, this was TONS better than theatrical release, goes from 6/10 to 8.5/10 for me.

@Mockney that is Zacks style, if you don't like his style, you wont like any version of this movie however good it is. And this is a much better movie, that 57 on Metacritic is laughable to be honest, it is just popular to hate on Zack I guess.
Come on.

Oldyella

You can't accuse reviewers of just hating on Zack just because they don't give good reviews. He's got a style and not everyone's going to like it.