Film Justice League

el3mel

I'll avoid the reviews. I want to get into this totally blind and without as neutral as possible and see what my reaction will be.

evil_geko

Yeah, there are great reviews all over. It was bound to be better than the terrible Snyder/Whedon mix, but it looks like it is actually really good.

Of course the movie needed to be much longer to flesh out the characters, this was bound to fail in theaters because of that. But in this format, I would guess it's really good.

Sylar

I just want to see a fairly good JL! I suppose the benefit of hindsight (& a very low bar!) will be invaluable!
Same
People say that bvs extended version is good (and it's better than the cinema release) but again it's not a good sign that 3 hours is needed to improve it (and even then it's two movies squished into one)

This format will surely help it. It should be fun but Snyder shouldn't be allowed to be near any more DC movies again after this

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Same
People say that bvs extended version is good (and it's better than the cinema release) but again it's not a good sign that 3 hours is needed to improve it (and even then it's two movies squished into one)

This format will surely help it. It should be fun but Snyder shouldn't be allowed to be near any more DC movies again after this
There’s already rumors of ZN getting a go at JL2 if this is successful. :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The reviews aren't amazing but even vaguely positive counts as a win I suppose.

Can't imagine I'll like it (or even watch it given the run time) but an insanely excessive, four hour folly made by a director who actually cares about the film is definitely better than a committee-made, visionless box ticking exercise. Even more so when I'm already vaguely sympathetic towards the director given the circumstances around the making of the film.

So even if it's shite, it's a better type of shite.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
The reviews aren't amazing but even vaguely positive counts as a win I suppose.

Can't imagine I'll like it (or even watch it given the run time) but an insanely excessive, four hour folly made by a director who actually cares about the film is definitely better than a committee-made, visionless box ticking exercise. Even more so when I'm already vaguely sympathetic towards the director given the circumstances around the making of the film.

So even if it's shite, it's a better type of shite.
All the critics reviews I read yesterday were great. Far more than 'vaguely positive' but I'm waiting with baited breath.

Zarlak

Yeah, I just don't want them to make Superman be the only member of the JL to put up a fight against Darkseid. It will probably happen as Supes is the DC golden boy and they did that in the original JL. All the other members getting their arses handed to them by Steppenwolf then as soon as Superman turns up he beats Steppenwolf within 30 seconds with Steppenwolf not even landing a hit.

I get that Superman is the strongest member of the JL, but is he really 5 other members combined strong? Especially as WW is not even meant to be that much weaker than Superman anyway.
The Flash is easily the most powerful member of the Justice League. It's just that his powers are so utterly OP that he will never live up to them in movies because every single problem would be solved in an attoseconds. I also don't think we'll see Superman being the only member to put up a fight. We've already seen in the trailer Darkseid using his Omega Beams underwater which may be Atlantis which if so would suggest that Aquaman goes toe to toe with him and that therefore Darkseid has been nerfed for the movie since his Omega Beams supposedly never miss and I doubt they'll kill Aquaman in the movie.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
All the critics reviews I read yesterday were great. Far more than 'vaguely positive' but I'm waiting with baited breath.
The reviews I've seen from US outlets seem to be mostly mixed, two or three star type reviews. Empire, EW, Hollywood Reporter, New York Times, etc.

Though tbf I've just seen that Pete Bradshaw in the Guardian and Robbie Collin in the Telegraph have given it four and five star reviews respectively, so there are definitely some strong reviews knocking about as well.

decorativeed

Yeah, there are great reviews all over. It was bound to be better than the terrible Snyder/Whedon mix, but it looks like it is actually really good.

Of course the movie needed to be much longer to flesh out the characters, this was bound to fail in theaters because of that. But in this format, I would guess it's really good.
Worth remembering that WW84 had good reviews too at the same point. Then we all watched it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I saw a review earlier that basically said if you're a fan of snyderverse/justice league you'll be satisfied, if you're not, this isn't the production that will change that.

Amarsdd

I saw a review earlier that basically said if you're a fan of snyderverse/justice league you'll be satisfied, if you're not, this isn't the production that will change that.
I guess it was always the case. The ones who like Snyder's/DC style will love it and who don't won't. The problem with the original JL was that Josh Whedon basically cut out 75% of that style and the movie ended up getting maligned by everyone.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Who can play the new Superman?

My money lies on one of the below:

Michael B. Jordan - I'd love to see that
Idris Elba - self-proclaimed Black Superman
Aljamaine Sterling - Recent Oscar nominee
Are we really getting a new superman? What's wrong with the Cav?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

:lol: :nervous:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Is there anywhere I can download this particular cut?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Jordan is too small. Superman should be imposing. He’s got to be 5’9” and has a penchant for elevator shoes.

Elba has the presence and acting chops, but he’s about 50. I imagine we’ll see a much younger actor take it on.

JD Washington is a midget.

Hopefully it goes to a relative unknown.

Zarlak

Jordan is too small. Superman should be imposing. He’s got to be 5’9” and has a penchant for elevator shoes.

Elba has the presence and acting chops, but he’s about 50. I imagine we’ll see a much younger actor take it on.

JD Washington is a midget.

Hopefully it goes to a relative unknown.
Winston Duke at 6'5'' or Sterling K Brown. Winston can be in DC and Marvel. Ray Fisher has the clean cut stoic look if he wasn't already Cyborg.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The Flash is easily the most powerful member of the Justice League. It's just that his powers are so utterly OP that he will never live up to them in movies because every single problem would be solved in an attoseconds. I also don't think we'll see Superman being the only member to put up a fight. We've already seen in the trailer Darkseid using his Omega Beams underwater which may be Atlantis which if so would suggest that Aquaman goes toe to toe with him and that therefore Darkseid has been nerfed for the movie since his Omega Beams supposedly never miss and I doubt they'll kill Aquaman in the movie.
Vs. Which age superman/version?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Pause button is going to be handy for a lot of people. :lol:

I wont complain because more footage = more to watch.
Yes! Get psyched! :drool:

Read some great reviews, some good ones and some ‘meh’ ones. One things for sure, it’ll pass the minimum benchmark of being an upgrade on the 2017 release :lol:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I haven't seen the trailer so this may be a daft question but could it be Atlantis in the past rather than the present day? Flashback scene or the like.

Rustyspider13

I haven't seen the trailer so this may be a daft question but could it be Atlantis in the past rather than the present day? Flashback scene or the like.
I've avoided the trailer too and I think every Darkseid scene will be a Flashback scene. No way they shot scenes pitting him against the league in what was supposed to be part 1 of a multi-part movie.

Regarding the positive reviews, it doesn't surprise me. The movie has a lot going for it-revised expectations, streaming format, cohesive vision and lack of CG Superface. It'll still be 4 hours of Snyder's grimdark version of JL (especially in the extended knightmare scenes), but at least it'll be competent.

Zarlak

Vs. Which age superman/version?
All of them, tbh. The Flash is the most OP hero in all of DC when you look at the implication of his powers. He's on record as being able to perceive events that take place in less than an attosecond, there's literally nothing Superman could do to him. The millisecond that he even begins turning to face him to throw a punch or a laser starts coming out of his eyes he's perceived it in real time and adjusted and gotten out of the way at the speed of light. He's capable of running 13 trillion times the speed of light. There's a lot of 'oh well Superman can predict where he's going to be' but that only works if the Flash just continues running in that direction but the reality (lol) would be that the second he starts firing his laser beam or whatever, the Flash sees it coming for like a year in his own brain and just course corrects and never, ever gets hit. He also has the infinite mass punch that allows him to punch with the power of a dwarf star exploding, and if he is losing he can literally just run back in time and reset. Any situation fathomable could be solved by him just running in and out with the villain and into jail in less than 0.0001 seconds, he's impossible to really translate to movies without pissing all over all the other heroes.

GuyfromAustria

All of them, tbh. The Flash is the most OP hero in all of DC when you look at the implication of his powers. He's on record as being able to perceive events that take place in less than an attosecond, there's literally nothing Superman could do to him. The millisecond that he even begins turning to face him to throw a punch or a laser starts coming out of his eyes he's perceived it in real time and adjusted and gotten out of the way at the speed of light. He's capable of running 13 trillion times the speed of light. There's a lot of 'oh well Superman can predict where he's going to be' but that only works if the Flash just continues running in that direction but the reality (lol) would be that the second he starts firing his laser beam or whatever, the Flash sees it coming for like a year in his own brain and just course corrects and never, ever gets hit. He also has the infinite mass punch that allows him to punch with the power of a dwarf star exploding, and if he is losing he can literally just run back in time and reset. Any situation fathomable could be solved by him just running in and out with the villain and into jail in less than 0.0001 seconds, he's impossible to really translate to movies without pissing all over all the other heroes.
Jesus Christ, that's a bit more than I thought about his powers. :lol:
I mean, how do they come up with "13 trillion times the speed of light"? It would be a bloody decent pace if it was only 10 times, wouldn't it?

Zarlak

Jesus Christ, that's a bit more than I thought about his powers. :lol:
I mean, how do they come up with "13 trillion times the speed of light"? It would be a bloody decent pace if it was only 10 times, wouldn't it?
They wrote a feat he performed into a story without doing the math, writing that he saves half a million people from a nuclear blast by carrying them all to safety in like 0.01 seconds and then someone on Reddit did the math. He also once ran faster than instant teleportation though he had to harness the power of everyone on Earth running at the same time to achieve that. He's utterly broken as a character.

Sylar

And to think in the arrow verse Barry Allen has all that and hes still no match for iris west