Jurriën Timber | Arsenal player

Very glad that we ended up getting Martinez of the two, but he should add some badly needed depth to their defensive options.

They might not quite have held on against City regardless, but having to play the likes of Holding and Kiwior made them absolutely shit the bed.

Too short to make it in the PL.

Kinda like Lisandro Martinez? ;)

Excellent signing for Arsenal, good on the ball, intelligent and versatile player who will give us options for an extra 10 games we'll likely play next season.

We now have a backup back four, of Tierney, Kiwior, Tomiyasu, Timber. That's 3 center backs (Kiwior, Tomiyasu, Timber), 3 left backs (Tierney, Kiwior, Tomiyasu) and 2 right backs (Timber, Tomiyasu). All in support of our starting back 4.

Good times for Arsenal.

Last edited:
100m so far spent by Arsenal to finish outside the top 4.

Killer transfer for the gunners, really good player

Isn’t it 200m now? Curious where they’re finding the cash to invest upwards of 150M every season now.

There is a Tifo video, dropped today, which answers exactly that.
TLDW: Arsenal took advantage of the financial leeway which came because of the pandemic, and capitalised greatly (not mentioned in the video but if you know the club you'll figure it out). What you are seeing now are the fruits of that labour.

Think there are 2 more signings to come from Arsenal this window, and then the core team should be complete for the next bit.

If he falls down does he make a sound?

Kinda like Lisandro Martinez? ;)

Excellent signing for Arsenal, good on the ball, intelligent and versatile player who will give us options for an extra 10 games we'll likely play next season.

We now have a backup back four, of Tierney, Kiwior, Tomiyasu, Timber. That's 3 center backs (Kiwior, Tomiyasu, Timber), 3 left backs (Tierney, Kiwior, Tomiyasu) and 2 right backs (Timber, Tomiyasu). All in support of our starting back 4.

Good times for Arsenal.
Talk about a whoosh moment

Let's see what we missed, at this point Lisandro seems like the best out of the two.

Players who don’t settle in their best position grow to be master of none. I am happy that United didn’t buy him. Currently he doesn’t have the qualities to be a great CB or RB. Passers are overrated at the moment in defence. Let’s see how he develops in PL.

Last edited:
There is a Tifo video, dropped today, which answers exactly that.
TLDW: Arsenal took advantage of the financial leeway which came because of the pandemic, and capitalised greatly (not mentioned in the video but if you know the club you'll figure it out). What you are seeing now are the fruits of that labour.

Think there are 2 more signings to come from Arsenal this window, and then the core team should be complete for the next bit.

I guess sacking the club mascot helped ;)

If he's half as good as people hyped him up to be last year when we were interested, him and Saliba will be a good partnership.

Obviously a good footballer and should be a smart signing for Arsenal I imagine. I’m very impressed with what Arsenal are doing this summer. Rice especially is a statement signing.

I think they are have two more exciting players comparing it to Mount and Onana. We’ll see though.

If he's half as good as people hyped him up to be last year when we were interested, him and Saliba will be a good partnership.

He won't start ahead of Gabriel, no chance. Gabriel and Saliba partnership was immense.

But now we can shift White at least back to RCB if Saliba gets injured and play Saliba RCB. Much more options now for the defense, good.

He won't start ahead of Gabriel, no chance. Gabriel and Saliba partnership was immense.

But now we can shift White at least back to RCB if Saliba gets injured and play Saliba RCB. Much more options now for the defense, good.
I forgot about Gabriel - yeah White as a CB I don't think is good enough if you want to kick on from last year. Will be intriguing to see how you do.

Surely Timber would be the natural RCB backup. He didn't play a single game RB last season and under 5 games the season before. Being a RB is a very underrated role, it requires so much of an engine and not just sporidically being able to dribble.

Surely Timber would be the natural RCB backup. He didn't play a single game RB last season and under 5 games the season before. Being a RB is a very underrated role, it requires so much of an engine and not just sporidically being able to dribble.

It depends on how you play your right back. We were looking at Martinez in a totally different way than how you play him for instance. We wanted him for left back, for the role that Zinchenko plays now, couldn't obviously get him so signed Zinchenko.

Most think Timber would give us a more natural option to do that from the right hand side, given his quality on the ball and a bit more dynamic.

Arsenal finally have their very own JT. And as all JTs are destined to do something horrible to bridges, I suspect he has burned his bridge with EtH.

Gives them great depth in quality at RB and mostly CB. He won’t start though. He’s hardly played RB for two years, and it’ll take something for him to displace White in the short term. And he won’t displace Saliba or Gabriel at CB any time soon. But he can cover both positions very well. Arsenal now have a lot of really good options right across the defence. He will also help in certain circumstances to be more viable member of the midfield when the RB pushing into CM. He’s much better on the ball and more mobile than White. So gives them options.

Building a decent squad are Arse. Rice especially will be a superb addition, and i think Havertz will perform pretty well as an AM, which suits him so much better than as a striker. He’s very technically gifted. That said, i do think they’d have been better off buying a proper playmaking CM to play as a 6/8, rather than a very lightweight Havertz as probably an 8/10. I think because of that, he will be in and out of the team, because they won’t be able to play Rice, Havertz and Odegaard in a lot of games, it’ll leave them way too exposed.

Think they’ve done good business in general, in terms of the quality of their additions. But they’ve spent a fortune. 200m for Rice, Havertz and Timber. Only one of whom is actually guaranteed to start. Its a lot of money when I believe a lot of it will be felt more in the rotation, than in the strongest XI.

I think in terms of that best XI impact, Mount and Onana are going to have a more profound effect on the style and quality of our play, than anything Arsenal have done. Those are tailor made additions to address glaring weaknesses. If we get a good striker in, it will be one of the best windows of the last decade I believe, when viewed in terms of what we need, and potential overall impact.

Gives them great depth in quality at RB and mostly CB. He won’t start though. He’s hardly played RB for two years, and it’ll take something for him to displace White in the short term. And he won’t displace Saliba or Gabriel at CB any time soon. But he can cover both positions very well. Arsenal now have a lot of really good options right across the defence. He will also help in certain circumstances to be more viable member of the midfield when the RB pushing into CM. He’s much better on the ball and more mobile than White. So gives them options.

Building a decent squad are Arse. Rice especially will be a superb addition, and i think Havertz will perform pretty well as an AM, which suits him so much better than as a striker. He’s very technically gifted. That said, i do think they’d have been better off buying a proper playmaking CM to play as a 6/8, rather than a very lightweight Havertz as probably an 8/10. I think because of that, he will be in and out of the team, because they won’t be able to play Rice, Havertz and Odegaard in a lot of games, it’ll leave them way too exposed.

Think they’ve done good business in general, in terms of the quality of their additions. But they’ve spent a fortune. 200m for Rice, Havertz and Timber. Only one of whom is actually guaranteed to start. Its a lot of money when I believe a lot of it will be felt more in the rotation, than in the strongest XI.

I think in terms of that best XI impact, Mount and Onana are going to have a more profound effect on the style and quality of our play, than anything Arsenal have done. Those are tailor made additions to address glaring weaknesses. If we get a good striker in, it will be one of the best windows of the last decade I believe, when viewed in terms of what we need, and potential overall impact.

Fairly balanced view and agree with pretty much everything you said.

in regards to impact, Arsenal first XI generally performed consistently, only dropping away towards the end of the last season due to injuries and other things people might want to perceive. I think looking at our starting XI, it’s hard to make a direct change to improve the quality one step further. What we lack is quality in depth. Something that seems to be getting addressed.

would love to add another MF like Lavia and clear out the deadwood. A top tier striker would definitely improve things, but they’re rare these days. Maybe next summer window.

Fairly balanced view and agree with pretty much everything you said.

in regards to impact, Arsenal first XI generally performed consistently, only dropping away towards the end of the last season due to injuries and other things people might want to perceive. I think looking at our starting XI, it’s hard to make a direct change to improve the quality one step further. What we lack is quality in depth. Something that seems to be getting addressed.

would love to add another MF like Lavia and clear out the deadwood. A top tier striker would definitely improve things, but they’re rare these days. Maybe next summer window.

I was about to say something similar. We are 4 years into the managers time with the manager refining the team every year in that time, and are just coming off a title challenge.

Utd are just coming off ETH first season where he done really well, but there's more obvious areas of weakness within the first XI to get to play the football ETH wants, so being able to address them should have a greater impact, I agree with the poster you quoted.

Of course, on paper improving the team should result in more points and a better challenge at the top of the table for Utd, however as we all know football isn't played on paper so let's see when the season starts, which is the same for all teams.

Addresses the big drop off from Saliba to Holding that cost us the title.

It's over

I’m not sure it’ll be a serious one. He took a knock to it in first half. Only worrying thing would be the way he pulled up the second time. It’s as if something just popped.

Lot of rumours going round that the injury is worse than feared, could be out for a long time. Horrible news if so.

I’m not sure it’ll be a serious one. He took a knock to it in first half. Only worrying thing would be the way he pulled up the second time. It’s as if something just popped.

When I did my ACL the same thing happened to me, I was sent back on the pitch because everything seemed ok, when I tried to make a sudden change of movement my knee went.
It looked very similar in this case