Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudiger, Saliba, Van Dijk, Araujo, Ruben Dias just off the top of my head.
Militao, Marquinhos, Gvardiol, Akanji, Kim min Jae, Bremer… Licha is seriously overrated by Utd fans. Look, I like him too, but he’s really poor in the air at the highest levels of competition, and to be world class you can’t be subpar in such an important part of a CBs game.

Militao, Marquinhos, Gvardiol, Akanji, Kim min Jae, Bremer… Licha is seriously overrated by Utd fans. Look, I like him too, but he’s really poor in the air at the highest levels of competition, and to be world class you can’t be subpar in such an important part of a CBs game.
Sounds like you are hugely underrating him. Martinez is brilliant.

quite an odd post to make on twitter...ffs

paid 12m for him this year which leaves us plenty in the budget to bring in a few more players....nice to see us be a bit more prudent financially with our negotiating to pay a bit more over the clause to get better financial terms plus i'm sure Bologna were happy that the release clause wasn't activated for the sell on clause to occur

And exactly who are these 2 wingers that are hungry to provide assists and crosses?

I remember Rashford and Garnacho on the wings, neither of those looking to cross or assist at any given time?

We already have a goal scorer in Hojlund, he got next to no service from our wingers last season.

That’s why I wanted Olise, but maybe Zirkzee can unlock the best out of Hojlund.
I was just being sacastic, its what posters been posting finding crumbs with every little details to justtify their objection against any potential good signing. We have posters talking all what i said in my posts and i found it so ridiculous when they have to talk about his hairstyle, him being ductch must be not good and bottlers with their country history...etc to justify him not good. They were talking without common sense and what our teams is funtions as a squad. Like you know we have two wing forward that dont look for anything else but coming inside and score goals but the posters talking about goals scorers/poachers as if they going to score with our shite crossing and cut ins or lack thereof. Its so funny and pathetics at the same time.

So we are signing the Dutch back up to Weghorst? I'm overwhelmed

Excellent piece of business, in my opinion. Not just a quality player, but a decent price and price structure. And the Euros aren't even finished yet.

Pretty sure I did goals per minute... also Salah was also young then...

Salah was 25 when he finished season, Zirkzee is 23.

You did goals per min by using best seasons of Salah when he had plenty of seasons under his belt vs Zirkzee who was young and probably his second season where he played consistently.

Nice! Glad to hear this is basically done. It's actually such a relief having a second striker(Martial was non existent), and even better that it's one with a different profile to what we have already.

Looking forward to seeing him. Obviously we'd all like if he had a better goal record coming into this, but sometimes that just clicks for players so I wouldn't be surprised if he did become more prolific. At the very least he seems like he will bring some new things to our attack and I can't wait.

I know very little about him so it will be great to see him a United shirt on tour where he can show us all what he can do :devil:

Don't understand the negative posts but we should be used to them by now on the Cafe!

We have the opposite of that statement. We have wingers who want to be at the end of chances rather than creating chances. Rashford and greenwood/james played well with martial who liked to drop deep. Rashford also played well with Werghost. Bruno has played with 9's that drop deep and found space for himself.
My posts was just sacastics and summeries of what some posters said about the players. We should know by now that our wing forward and wing play was non existence for the almost the last decade. We dont really cross and cut in and we dont score much from that. Our wing foward is only looking to interplay and cut in and score themselves yet we have posters trying to just go buy a guy that can score goals, stay in the box and score as if he going to get any service.

Just bizarre...
I was just being sacastic, its what posters been posting finding crumbs with every little details to justify their objection against any potential good signing. We have posters talking all what i said in my posts and i found it so ridiculous when they have to talk about his hairstyle, him being ductch must be not good and bottlers with their country history...etc to justify him not good. They were talking without common sense and what our team is funtioned as a squad. Like we know we have two wing forward that dont look for anything else but coming inside and score goals but the posters talking about goals scorers/poachers as if they going to score with our shite crossing and cut ins or lack thereof. Its so funny and pathetics at the same time.

Is this place the biggest collection of moaners and doomers on the internet? We signed Serie A's young player of the year for a really cheap price, who plays striker - a position where we only have 1 player to play in yet offers a completely different skillset, and this place is having a meltdown.

Personally I like this signing a lot - young player with potential, offers us tactical flexibility, on a good price, and likely much lower wages than the player that he is replacing - Martial. It shows our vision moving forward and I like the look of it.

In for the flight tracking.

Looking forward to seeing him play proper. His highlights gave me Martial light vibes though, so If this guy can get to do say 2/3 of the work Anto did playing CF (minus the regular worldies), then our attack will begin to cook man as some would say.

So is he a classic, powerful centre forward that just doesn't score much but brings others in to play, and can he play on the wing?

Also, I wanna call him Xerxes!

Sounds like you are hugely underrating him. Martinez is brilliant.
Are you saying that Martinez is better than the listed players? Seriously? He’s in the 1 percentile for CBs in aerial duels in the PL, with between 44-50% won over the two seasons.

Love his attitude, love his thuggery, he’s a good distributor, but he’s not particularly fast and he’s very poor in the air. To say he’s in the group of top CBs just isn’t true. You can argue he’s injury prone as well.

For that level of money it's a no brainer. It does concern me that we have two strikers now and neither are great goalscorers though.

Our only proven goalscorer is Rashford and he's flaky.

Hojilund is a good goal scorer imo, he proved that on his streak before his injury, and in the CL. Young players will be inconsistent however, and it's about bringing it all together now next season.

So is he a classic, powerful centre forward that just doesn't score much but brings others in to play, and can he play on the wing?

Also, I wanna call him Xerxes!

I haven't seen a huge amount so someone a bit more informed might tell me I'm wrong but from the little I've seen he looks a little like Eidur Gudjohnsen in style of play.

Salah was 25 when he finished season, Zirkzee is 23.

You did goals per min by using best seasons of Salah when he had plenty of seasons under his belt vs Zirkzee who was young and probably his second season where he played consistently.

Quite clearly did not :lol:

Are you saying that Martinez is better than the listed players? Seriously? He’s in the 1 percentile for CBs in aerial duels in the PL, with between 44-50% won over the two seasons.

Love his attitude, love his thuggery, he’s a good distributor, but he’s not particularly fast and he’s very poor in the air. To say he’s in the group of top CBs just isn’t true. You can argue he’s injury prone as well.
Yeah I consider Martinez to be better than the majority of those players you named. At worst, he's in the same bracket as them and shouldn't be dismissed.

Love that we’re not paying a large fee upfront. Over 3 years is a very good deal. Saves us money in the bank

We’ve had the best game of the season with Bruno as a false 9. I understand why Utd signing him - a striker who links up with the midfield. He’s not a backup striker, I guess, time will be split 50-50 between him and Hojlund depending on the opponent.

You list includes a player who can't get in his team ahead of Eric Dier

Until that point. That's why you used 2 seasons instead of 5.

You go ahead and crunch the number for 5, and you'll see it's still a clear advantage. I already said why I looked at the last 2 because those are the season which prompted the clubs to sign them.
Also both players were hardly playing in those years, Salah at Chelsea and Zirkzee at Bayern
In terms of goal scoring there isn't really a comparison between them when they were signed, Salah was clearly ahead in terms of demonstrated goal scoring pedigree

Hope he doesn’t drop deep like Kane and becomes ineffective in games

seems like a decent little signing for the reported fee

it's very sensible to get a backup striker option who can cover a few positions

Interesting signing. Surprised to see you make it considering you're apparently hampered by budget and I doubt they'd be an automatic starter?
Got to have another forward, especially one who can play in more than one position.

Also helped that selling club weren’t greedy and agreed to three year payment plan. £12m/year, cheap as (expensive) chips

You go ahead and crunch the number for 5, and you'll see it's still a clear advantage. I already said why I looked at the last 2 because those are the season which prompted the clubs to sign them.
Also both players were hardly playing in those years, Salah at Chelsea and Zirkzee at Bayern
In terms of goal scoring there isn't really a comparison between them when they were signed, Salah was clearly ahead in terms of demonstrated goal scoring pedigree

No, it's not 2 seasons that prompted the clubs to sign the players. It's their latest season, but then you saw Zirkzee scored only 2 goals in season before that, so you added 2 seasons instead of 1 or 5. To make it worse you even said he was starter when he played just 800 mins.

It was never whether Zirkzee was as good as Salah or his numbers were better. It was 2 clubs signing players who didn't have very good numbers to built awesome attack. It's not really difficult to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.