Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do this for every other transfer too then? As every agent gets paid for every transfer
You think agent fee are only part of this transaction? Check the agent fee paid by each club that FA reports. Also i never saw anyone saying Haaland cost 100 million.

Weird even ManUtd fans are like click bait papers
Are agent fees usually 25% of a transfer fee? I'd absolutely lump Haaland's agent fees in. I know most people do when discussing that transfer.

I don't know what you mean by quoting click-bait papers. All I've read is the caf and that Milan have balked at the agent fees. Also, his agent is notorious among United fans.

Guess I've stumbled upon sensitive transfer Muppet territory.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a single 90 minute match of his.

I hope he's a top forward.

His profile seems to fit the bill...

Why so sceptical? It's been obvious for ages that we are in for this player.

Generally approach most rumours with a lot of scepticism around this time of year, but in this specific case, I am cognisant of the fact that his agent is one of the biggest arseholes in the business - a person with whom we 'have previous' as a club.

Because the agent fees are clearly extraordinary in this instance. It also was with the Haaland transfer from Dortmund to City, which is why agent fees often get brought up there as well.

If you look at the fee as a proportion of the transfer, it's 25 % or higher, depending on which report is correct. If it's wages, then it's likely that the agent will get paid as much as the player is over a full 5 year contract. This is assuming that the club isn't paying a percentage of the wages to the agent as well, on top of the reported fee, which I don't know.

These are crazy numbers, well outside normalcy.

It's surprising how very little is being said about his so called "agent" Kia Joorabchian. The same dodgy businessman involved in third party ownership of players like Tevez and Mascherano. He isn't even a registered agent.

It's surprising how very little is being said about his so called "agent" Kia Joorabchian. The same dodgy businessman involved in third party ownership of players like Tevez and Mascherano. He isn't even a registered agent.
He seems pretty easy to deal with. That third party stuff is history. Some of you act like he's some kind of international arms dealer.

Are agent fees usually 25% of a transfer fee? I'd absolutely lump Haaland's agent fees in. I know most people do when discussing that transfer.

I don't know what you mean by quoting click-bait papers. All I've read is the caf and that Milan have balked at the agent fees. Also, his agent is notorious among United fans.

Guess I've stumbled upon sensitive transfer Muppet territory.
Guess you missed the reports where it was mentioned that his agent was willing negotiate the fee down for us? Until the signing is confirmed and you know the full fee which was paid, I don't know why you are so concerned.

fine to bring in a striker to compete with Rasmus but we still need to bring in a wing player as well

fine to bring in a striker to compete with Rasmus but we still need to bring in a wing player as well
I don't think that'll happen unless Amad or Antony are sold, unfortunately.

I don't think that'll happen unless Amad or Antony are sold, unfortunately.
if we lose both greenwood and sancho...you have to bring in someone

yes i know neither really played for us last season but clearly showed in our goal scoring that our wing play was shiite

if we lose both greenwood and sancho...you have to bring in someone

yes i know neither really played for us last season but clearly showed in our goal scoring that our wing play was shiite
Rashford, Garnacho, Amad and Antony - They could potentially bring back Pellistri too.

I would like another wide player, I just don't see it happening this summer.

But we don't have enough off the ball runners. Dropping Hojlund for Zirkzee means we have one less. Antony wants ball to feet, Amad wants ball to feet, Bruno wants ball to feet. Garnacho will make a run. Rashford might if he's bothered. Ten Hag's philosophy isn't really the relevant thing here, getting players who function alongside our other players is.

Rashford and Garnacho are both clearly off the ball runners, as is Bruno.

Antony is irrelevant. Amad yes wants it into feet. So there's a mix where you could see Amad work better with a Hojlund but Garnacho work better with Zirkzee. I'm quite aware that the key is getting players that function alongside others is important, that's sort of my entire point. Hojlund CLEARLY didnt' gel with the rest of the forwards well as evidenced by the complete lack of service he got. Hopefully some of that is fixed, but in the meantime Zirkzee is a good alternative that may improve overall teamplay even if he's not going to be some gunman banging 25+ in a year (Martial even half fit did much of the same in Ten Hag's first season).

Guess you missed the reports where it was mentioned that his agent was willing negotiate the fee down for us? Until the signing is confirmed and you know the full fee which was paid, I don't know why you are so concerned.
Dropped from 12 to 10, yes? That's 25% in agent fees, as I'd stated.

I've only stated the total cost of the transfer matter-of-factly. It's the transfer muppets that seem to have taken umbrage, to my simple comment.

My point simply, was: EUR50M doesn't strike me as "cheap" for a player of Zirkzee's record. I wouldn't even consider 45M "cheap" by the way.

It's at best fair value.

Edit: I just did a quick google search and it seems 5-10% is the standard, but let's not get side-tracked.

Hard to find a better forward for this price and at this age range. We needed a forward, both for depth and competition for Rasmus; this target makes perfect sense.

Wish we would consider signing him alongside another new striker that is comfortable in wide positions, and going two upfront with the potential to play Rashford wide, or bring in Garnacho when we want to. Forget about signing pure wingers.

Two of Zirkzee, Hojlund, Rashford and another striker for two positions infront of a multifaceted four-man midfield. I feel all three would hit a new level playing consistently as part of a pairing.

This post is quite something. The perfect example of the football expert complaining about everything a player is and is not from checking whoscored and and a youtube video and without considering any context or nuance. Let's try to add the context and nuance.

Goals
  • Zirkzee is a facilitating striker who plays more like a 9.5/10. He is knitting together attacks and making space for others. Bologna scored an average of 1.59 goals per game when Joshua Zirkzee played (34 games) and 1 goal per game when he did not play (4 games).
  • Listing goals scored from when he was 18/19 years old getting a few minutes in a few games for Bayern, is also an unimportant point. Only a handful of strikers have managed to score consistently at that age. Scoring 18 goals for Anderlecht as a 20/21 year old is a very decent return.

Playing time
  • I too find it odd that he hasn't been getting more playing time. However, as has been pointed out several times, Koeman has his favourites like most other national team coaches.
  • Being behind Wout Weghorst is odd, but team dynamics experience (why I also think Depay is ahead of him) is important for the team. Koeman clearly think Weghorst can create more goalscoring chances in those moments in the game.

Development and potential
  • Luckily, development is not linear. Especially for strikers, finishing and composure in the attacking third usually takes time to develop.

Personally, I think Zirkzee is a really intriguing addition. I think he will come in and play both instead of and with Højlund. I think he will elevate our attacking play, with especially Rashford becoming a benefactor. And I think if he can develop his finishing, he will become a very complete striker / attacker.

Everyone on this site hopefully tries to debate and argue their views on a player or football in general. But I guess none of us are experts. We are fans who share our opinions, concerns and thoughts so we can have a football discussion. You call me "a perfect example of an expert", and then you yourself do exactly the same as me - namely, try to find some numbers and observations that support your position. There is no need to use sarcasm in this process. Especially not when you "play expert" yourself.

You hit yourself in your post by doing exactly what you are being sarcastic about.

But your points themselves are fine enough, even if I don't share your optimism about Zirkzee. And of course I know that it is the most recent numbers that count and not the statistics from when Zirkzee was 18 years old. In the last 2 seasons he has done mediocre in one and bad in the other (2 goals in a whole season).

Rashford, Garnacho, Amad and Antony - They could potentially bring back Pellistri too.

I would like another wide player, I just don't see it happening this summer.

Amad, Antony and Pellestri....gets you 3 goals a season

we have to bring in a winger that can push rashford and garnacho for a starting spot....ffs if Liverpool can have 5 wingers of quality we should at least try to get to 3

Literally the two of them couldn’t be any different.
If I'd be comparing to any previous striker we've had before, I'd sooner compare him to someone like Berba. Less talented, less scorers instinct and deeper, but a big languid CF who you feel should be more dominant physically than he actually is. It's a combo of the age and potential, price point, and being a good different option to Hojlund so that we can change things when needed.

Cavani vibes in his play
Cavani was much stronger! I mean Zirkzee scored only 11 goals watch Cavani records from the second season in Serie A as starter 14 and 13 at Palermo. Then moved to Napoli and scored 26,23 and 29 goals before going to PSG for 64m

He's irreplaceable to Brentford who've been pretty adamant they want a lot of money for him. For £40m they'd probably rather keep him and let him go for free next summer, which is what will probably happen.

Exactly that - Toney guarantees they stay up. Losing £40 million is a small price to pay to stay in the P.L an extra season

Amad, Antony and Pellestri....gets you 3 goals a season

we have to bring in a winger that can push rashford and garnacho for a starting spot....ffs if Liverpool can have 5 wingers of quality we should at least try to get to 3
I don't disagree with you but there's slim to no chance they are bringing in a 6th winger.

Can only hope Amad is given a proper chance and his potential is realised.

But we don't have enough off the ball runners. Dropping Hojlund for Zirkzee means we have one less. Antony wants ball to feet, Amad wants ball to feet, Bruno wants ball to feet. Garnacho will make a run. Rashford might if he's bothered. Ten Hag's philosophy isn't really the relevant thing here, getting players who function alongside our other players is.
Actually Bruno’s very good at making runs of the ball. He always goes beyond the ST. Whether he gets picked out or not is a different matter. He made loads of decent runs for Portugal in the euros but hardly got found.

Stats alone, I'm far from convinced about this guy. His goals and assists as a total seem very underwhelming.
That being said, I just watched the video from a few pages back, all highlights from Bologna.

If he can add goals to his game, he actually looks a very interesting player. I'm looking forward to them driving runs through the middle of the pitch that he seems to do often. Really opens up the field

People saying he mustn’t be good because he’s not starting for the Netherlands team. I guess players like olise, Palmer, Zaire Emery, Joao neves are all bad players because they don’t get into their national teams either.

People saying he mustn’t be good because he’s not starting for the Netherlands team. I guess players like olise, Palmer, Zaire Emery, Joao neves are all bad players because they don’t get into their national teams either.

It's just a really lazy argument, but I agree that it's getting really tiresome to read the same posts over and over.

Stats alone, I'm far from convinced about this guy. His goals and assists as a total seem very underwhelming.
That being said, I just watched the video from a few pages back, all highlights from Bologna.

If he can add goals to his game, he actually looks a very interesting player. I'm looking forward to them driving runs through the middle of the pitch that he seems to do often. Really opens up the field

I've actually been very impressed with his first touch, first touch passing, decision making and his football intelligence. He seems to make great decisions when he has so little time to react, and he does it with a perfect weight of pass. It's about time we get a player like that because we honestly don't have a player that has very good decision making in the final third consistent enough.

Joshua Zirkzee:
  • 23 years old.
  • 15 goals contribution (for a team that scored 54 goals thus 28% of the goals, rated as a very mediocre season by redcafe).
  • Main player for a club that finished in 9th in 22/23 but will be playing in CL next season.
  • Serie A Young Player of the Year (after a very mediocre season as per redcafe).
  • Scored or assisted against Inter, Milan, Juventus, Atalanta, Roma, Lazio, and Fiorentina (Top 1-8 teams of Serie A, the league with the highest coefficient ranking this season).
  • 25 goal contributions in 38 games for Anderlecht in 21/22.
  • A different profile of striker than Hojlund which provides us with more tactical flexibility.
  • 193cm tall yet highly technical.
However, redcafe doesn't rate him because:
  • Ronald Koeman the world class manager doesn't pick him to start national games.
  • He didn't do anything after being subbed on in the 87th minute of the Euro quarter finals.
  • He did not score 20 goals last season (as if there are strikers with 20 goals a season lying around to be signed for less than £40m, and also not near 30 or over 30).
  • His hair reminds them of Fellaini.
  • His youtube videos are not convincing enough.
  • Looks too slow and weak from Youtube videos (although all regular watchers of him says otherwise).

Not sure about that logic. It surely depends how good those national teams are. Or how good the player keeping you out is.

Joshua Zirkzee:
  • 23 years old.
  • 15 goals contribution (for a team that scored 54 goals thus 28% of the goals, rated as a very mediocre season by redcafe).
  • Main player for a club that finished in 9th in 22/23 but will be playing in CL next season.
  • Serie A Young Player of the Year (after a very mediocre season as per redcafe).
  • Scored or assisted against Inter, Milan, Juventus, Atalanta, Roma, Lazio, and Fiorentina (Top 1-8 teams of Serie A, the league with the highest coefficient ranking this season).
  • 25 goal contributions in 38 games for Anderlecht in 21/22.
  • A different profile of striker than Hojlund which provides us with more tactical flexibility.
  • 193cm tall yet highly technical.
However, redcafe doesn't rate him because:
  • Ronald Koeman the world class manager doesn't pick him to start national games.
  • He didn't do anything after being subbed on in the 87th minute of the Euro quarter finals.
  • He did not score 20 goals last season (as if there are strikers with 20 goals a season lying around to be signed for less than £40m, and also not near 30 or over 30).
  • His hair reminds them of Fellaini.
  • His youtube videos are not convincing enough.
  • Looks too slow and weak from Youtube videos (although all regular watchers of him says otherwise).

Good work. I'm sold.

I was already

He looks absolutely silky on highlight reels, seems to be strong on the ball, glides past players, can pick a pass and chips in with goals too. Kid would comfortably be one of our most technically gifted players from clips of him anyway. With regards to the fee, if we can move on a few players in attack, we should be fine.

Not sure about that logic. It surely depends how good those national teams are. Or how good the player keeping you out is.
You can also add manager bias to that. Koeman like Southgate have their 'favourites' or players they have trusted for a longer period of time.

I can't imagine this new scouting network would sign a player that's not as effective as Wout or Memphis. I don't think it's fair to judge a player just because he doesn't start for their national team.

Im guessing hojlund is headed to the bench if we sign him then.
I hope not but I can definitely see him playing in that 'false 9' position Bruno played late on last season. Formation worked and he has the skills to carry that out, it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.