Joshua Zirkzee | signed for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean come on, I know Osimhen doesn’t make sense because of budget constraints.

But Osimhen is leagues ahead of Hojlund, and if we had the money, I would happily pay 130m for him.

He’s what like 24-25 as well, isn’t even in his prime yet
Dear god, 130m for Osimhen? I refuse to believe that you watch Serie a regularly every season because if you had your evaluation would never be that inflated. Victor osimhen is not a clinical striker at all. He’s inconsistent with his finishing. Sometimes he would score a goal with a chance and most of the times he needs tons of chances to score one. When he’s in front of the goal you would never be sure whether he can score or not.

Not true

1. Hojlund didn't play every minute of every game last season. Rashford was playing as a striker for many of them. Now Zirkzee will be playing those, so the amount of minutes Hojlund gets does not have to be half of what it was. That is simply incorrect
2. Hojlund's productivity needs to increase because he should play in better team and competition from Zirkzee needs to give him a needed kick up the ass to do better

Having two strikers and expecting both to net double digit goals is not anything wild in premiership where teams like us play in four competitions

So Zirkzee is going to score 10 goals in the 5 games Rashford played up front in the league. Good one

I'd expect a club of United financial ability to sign Osimhen, not Zirkzee.
In a different universe, I'd expect Milan to do the same, but 130m signings aren't even remotely possible for us.
Again, United aren’t in a position to do those signings in that price range. Secondly unless we sort out the supply lines we may as well pay €1 for a bucket and play it up front

we haven’t been linked to the lad this window so far

Oshimen for 120 mil is such a Chelsea type of signing that inevitably flops and is sold back to seria A for 30 million a few seasons later

Only frustrating thing about this transfer is that he isn't getting gametime at the world cup. Can't even add some seasoning to the excitement of it all.

We used to have 4 top strikers when we played with 2 up top. Most top teams also have 2 really good CFs capable of leading the line, so having both Zirkzee and Hojlund is a good thing. See Haaland/Alvarez, or Jesus/Nketiah.

Again, United aren’t in a position to do those signings in that price range. Secondly unless we sort out the supply lines we may as well pay €1 for a bucket and play it up front

we haven’t been linked to the lad this window so far

Too many people on here think building a team is like playing a computer game. All busy putting together some fantasy mix and forgetting that if it doesn't actually work you can't just reload a save and start again

His stats aren't all that impressive to be honest. I'm assuming he will be a player to challenge/rotate with Rasmus, with the expectation that Rasmus will be our long term no.9?

We're in desperate need for some depth at no.9, so all for such a signing. Relatively cheap, wages shouldn't be too high either.

I mean come on, I know Osimhen doesn’t make sense because of budget constraints.

But Osimhen is leagues ahead of Hojlund, and if we had the money, I would happily pay 130m for him.

Hojlund is 21. Osimhen is 25. In 4 years' time I can guarantee you Hojlund will be on a higher level than Osimhen is now. He's worth maybe half of that 130m. Just an awful suggestion, sorry.

I'm not sure there are any players in the world actually worth £130m.

Also, of all the big £80m+ transfers there have been, how many have been genuine successes? That price tag weighs heavy

Zirkzee looks like a perfect hold up player to transition the attack.
He's tall, powerful, has skill and can turn his man.
He will also have one of the best strikers to ever play the game coaching him.

This looks like a shrewd bit of business.
I can't for the life of me understand the negativity around this at this price.

Zirkzee looks like a perfect hold up player to transition the attack.
He's tall, powerful, has skill and can turn his man.
He will also have one of the best strikers to ever play the game coaching him.

This looks like a shrewd bit of business.
I can't for the life of me understand the negativity around this at this price.

End product and us being a team that lacked it last season.

If we spend £34 million on a player in attack it should be to help address that and this one doesnt.

Never seen him play nor heard of him until his name was linked to us. Is he a poor man Zlatan, in terms of style and skill without the flamboyance?

Dear god, 130m for Osimhen? I refuse to believe that you watch Serie a regularly every season because if you had your evaluation would never be that inflated. Victor osimhen is not a clinical striker at all. He’s inconsistent with his finishing. Sometimes he would score a goal with a chance and most of the times he needs tons of chances to score one. When he’s in front of the goal you would never be sure whether he can score or not.

That’s just the market all evaluations are inflated.

You either go the Real way, get stuff for free, which we don’t have the pull for. Or overpay if you want serious talent.

I mean he’s still relatively young, strikers tend to peak at 28-30.

Considering that our short term ambitions seem to be rather low, I think he could be a decent piece of business and potentially could get better.

Kane with more physical strength but without the goals.

So who should be looking to sign as another forward because it's clear that club want Rasmus to be the main striker. I get the concern about a lack of goals but which striker is gonna want to play second fiddle.

So who should be looking to sign as another forward because it's clear that club want Rasmus to be the main striker. I get the concern about a lack of goals but which striker is gonna want to play second fiddle.

If they're scoring they wont always be playing second fiddle. An actual goalscorer off the bench scores when Hojlund isnt? Give him the next game. Give him a run if hes scoring then if the run ends you can go back to Hojlund.

City got theirs from the Argentine league, it doesn't have to be a £34 million player. Guirassy was available for cheap

If they're scoring they wont always be playing second fiddle. An actual goalscorer off the bench scores when Hojlund isnt? Give him the next game. Give him a run if hes scoring then if the run ends you can go back to Hojlund.

City got theirs from the Argentine league, it doesn't have to be a £34 million player. Guirassy was available for cheap

Yeah I was surprised we didn't try for him considering price, Fullkrug is also another option and know he divides opinion but maybe Morata too.

I guess it would be useful if Netherlands go out today, as there will no doubt then be a swift conclusion to this (and De Ligt) transfer

The one thing that I think will happen is whilst Zirkzee won’t be a prolific goalscorer, he will score some absolute beauties due to his technical abilities.

One of those players that I could easily see having a great catalogue of goals for us.

End product and us being a team that lacked it last season.

If we spend £34 million on a player in attack it should be to help address that and this one doesnt.
£34M for a striker is nothing these days. Considering how many top quality strikers are around then having Zirkzee,Hojlund and Wheatley battle it out seems like a good idea.

£34M for a striker is nothing these days. Considering how many top quality strikers are around then having Zirkzee,Hojlund and Wheatley battle it out seems like a good idea.

For a 10 goal striker its not cheap either. Is Adebayo worth £34 million?

The one thing that I think will happen is whilst Zirkzee won’t be a prolific goalscorer, he will score some absolute beauties due to his technical abilities.

One of those players that I could easily see having a great catalogue of goals for us.

Yeah that's probably true, know we are on a budget but would be ideal to get in an experienced striker too. Mind you there might well be some truth in Utd not looking at anyone older. Hoping that Ashworth and Vivell suggest that bringing in someone proven could prove beneficial to Rasmus.

Last edited:
I assume he’ll cost more? He cost Wolves big money from what I remember. I doubt they’d be happy to sell up so quickly either. He’s going into my FPL team next year for sure
Indeed I would imagine he could certainly cost more

Him and Rasmus would smash it in that 4222 formation we used in the final. Bruno and Garnacho/Rash behind with Kobbie and Ugarte holding. Now with possibly Martinez and De Ligt at the back. There are a few different combos we could possibly have to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.