Joshua Zirkzee is a Red | and our #11

Apparently he’s been out injured and is getting back to full fitness as per ETH’s comments so we don’t have any striker right now. It’s a pre requisite to be part of our squads it seems. Shame as I thought we’d get to see our only new attacker in action today.
He said he had an injury towards the back end of last season, but got fit in time for the Euros. The issue is that the Netherlands went relatively deep into the tournament and he then had time off, like the England and Argentina players. Nothing to do with being injured now?

He said he had an injury towards the back end of last season, but got fit in time for the Euros. The issue is that the Netherlands went relatively deep into the tournament and he then had time off, like the England and Argentina players. Nothing to do with being injured now?

He had 2 weeks off before being called up late to the Euros.
And another 2 weeks off after the Euros.

Ah you’re right so the issue is more that he isn’t quite match fit. ETH suggests he’s close to ready so I’d expect cameos for couple of weeks I guess.

I'd stick him in starting 11 Tonight, his first match, home debut, Old Trafford opening night. Adrenaline be rushing.

He would be buzzing to play.

Could be a dream debut for him.

ETH said he is not ready as he needs games , all the more baffling why he saw no minutes last week.

What does that have to do with people commenting saying he is injured now?

Because ETH just put out something along those lines yesterday as to why he's not available. He's only recently recovered. Like Shaw, he went to Euro's injured and it's delayed his club season start.

Because ETH just put out something along those lines yesterday as to why he's not available. He's only recently recovered. Like Shaw, he went to Euro's injured and it's delayed his club season start.
So not injured, then?

Yeah so he is not injured, that was literally what my post was about. If he is not fit due to match fitness then he is not injured.

Yeah I thought EtH said he would be with the squad today. Though another chance to see McTominator play as CF....time to drool my fellow Scottie fans.
He's on the bench.

He does look like a 9.5 like he said doesn't he? Got some neat touches and turn. A different type of forward which could help us be more effective vs teams who sit back and def against us

Delighted, lovely finish, excellent on the ball and a bloody massive unit. You don't realise how fecking huge he is until he's standing next to everyone else.

Also pretty quick (mostly saw that in him turning on the burners to press). Really liked a lot about that.

GVIb_LrXoAAgp3e

GVIb_LrWkAAgFfl

gvia1puwmaatcxi-jpeg.3282701

gviaxhhxiaaiu3n-jpeg.3282702

GVIbEuoXgAAlOoI

GVIb4ZqWIAA4qfW

Not many things in sports sweeter than a debut day winner at the Stretford end :drool:

Heck of a way to make a first impression

Was impressed with every aspect of his play when he came on - great finish, but he also did a great job holding on to the ball and linking up, his pressing was good, nothing not to like tonight.

Touch a class when the ball is played into him. Great confidence too. This goal will only help him build on that too.

He really does remind me of Berbatov with his skill set, just without the nicotine habit and a bit taller :lol:

Thought he was anonymous until he scored but that was a great finish. After that, he was linking play, showing good touches and flicks. Clearly gained his confidence.

Good start. I have a feeling he’ll be unpredictable for defenders and chip in with a decent amount

A debut to remember for him. Up there with Chicharito against Chelsea in the 2010 community shield.

Weird comparison.

Firstly the charity shield is a pre season friendly, it also wasn't the winner from memory and bounced in off his face.

Love Hernandez but weird comparison.

Weird comparison.

Firstly the charity shield is a pre season friendly, it also wasn't the winner from memory and bounced in off his face.

Love Hernandez but weird comparison.
I’m a big fan of Chicharito as well but yeah. It definitely was a silly comparison. I was going to compare it Rooney’s debut hat-trick against Fenerbahçe but honestly it would be nowhere near as good. I was just trying to make a comparison to a United game that I could remember.

I’m a big fan of Chicharito as well but yeah. It definitely was a silly comparison. I was going to compare it Rooney’s debut hat-trick against Fenerbahçe but honestly it would be nowhere near as good. I was just trying to make a comparison to a United game that I could remember.

Haha I love your honesty mate.