Joshua Zirkzee is a Red | and our #11

Did not realise how much of a unit he was till was stood next to Garnacho.

One impressed me most was not his finish, but the way he immediately took responsibility, was always looking to get involved and invite to be passed to, the type of leadership on the pitch we’ve been missing.

Hojlund should watch his back. Zirkzee is a monster. ABSOLUTELY loved his first game. Can't wait to see more

Nice move and a nice finish, did he mean it who cares.

Does he even wear shin pads? His socks are so low…Does he need to wear shin pads? The guys a unit

It's obviously too early to tell, but his reaction in the box is exactly what we desperately need. No wasted opportunities, just use every chance you get to score
Hopefully he can continue scoring goals and that Hojlund at some point will also join him

I was a little concerned at first as the game passed him but slowly he grew in and got a few nice touches. Looks like he can link attack well. Before he scored he made a good run into the box, from laid back to explosive in a milli second. I actually think his goal was a great finish. I’m excited to see more.

Delighted, lovely finish, excellent on the ball and a bloody massive unit. You don't realise how fecking huge he is until he's standing next to everyone else.

Also pretty quick (mostly saw that in him turning on the burners to press). Really liked a lot about that.

Rashford is also like this. Surprisingly tall. There is a shot in this thread of Zirkzee running next to Rashford, and I think they are a very similar height. I was particularly impressed with how naturally he finished his goal. No luck, and pure intention. He knew what he was doing. Other players would have just lashed the ball and hoped for the best. We are crying out for a natural goal scorer. Obviously don't want to get my hopes up too much, but if Friday's game is anything to go on, he could be a great buy.

I was a little concerned at first as the game passed him but slowly he grew in and got a few nice touches. Looks like he can link attack well. Before he scored he made a good run into the box, from laid back to explosive in a milli second. I actually think his goal was a great finish. I’m excited to see more.
It was a great finish and a very difficult one at that. To open up your body and let the ball come across you like that is difficult.

Honestly that goal is such a great foundation to start his career here, we saw how it was getting to Hojlund last year when he wasn’t getting off the mark.

Watched some of the pitch side post game stuff with ten Hag and he emphasized how much they’re working on the balance of his dropping deep and getting involved in the play, really stating how the timing of arrivals into the box will be key. If the goal against Fulham is anything to go by I think we’ve got a kid who really might thrive here.

Reactions: Cheimoon
A player of his height and build should be more of an aerial threat. Hopefully that's something he can work on.

This guy is as cool as a cucumber. Serious Zlatan/Berbatov vibes.
Yea definitely gives off that calm and collected sort of confidence. I'm fascinated with seeing the different ways we can utilize his strengths.

Seems a very modern versatile forward who's technically sound but also has lots of room to grow, especially with regards using his physical strengths to his advantage.

Just watched some of his highlights again and really looking forward to see him leading the line for us. His hold up play and touch is different level to Hojlund, much better composure overall too.

look at that smug smile :lol:

ALso too much fun during the training. Ineos need to cut it down this time waste.

Rashford is also like this. Surprisingly tall. There is a shot in this thread of Zirkzee running next to Rashford, and I think they are a very similar height. I was particularly impressed with how naturally he finished his goal. No luck, and pure intention. He knew what he was doing. Other players would have just lashed the ball and hoped for the best. We are crying out for a natural goal scorer. Obviously don't want to get my hopes up too much, but if Friday's game is anything to go on, he could be a great buy.
There’s almost 3 inch difference between the two.