Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was Jose thinking playing Son so deep today? Complete waste of talent. I remember Son having his best moments last season when Kane was injured.

I dislike Mourinho's tactics as much as the next guy, but if we're being honest if it wasn't for supposed top players aiming their shots at the cheese room he would've gotten away with a point, perhaps even three.

Subconsciously they probably want rid of him already..

Seriously though, you're right, fans were celebrating that lo celso "goal". No idea how he missed

Just can't stand him since his bitter exit in 15/16 and miss treatment of our staff and some of the players. Then hawking himself around out rivals...

I really enjoy watching him getting beat, more so now he's Spurs manager :lol:

Whats his points return up to this point?

16 from 10.

mBqEgqR.png

Watched the game tonight and first half was text book Jose. A back 6, parked bus and bang it long back to opposition. Absolute dinosaur

Watched the game tonight and first half was text book Jose. A back 6, parked bus and bang it long back to opposition. Absolute dinosaur

Would expect them to be in the market for a target man this month. They've been unlucky with the timing of Kane's injury. If it had happened sooner they could have got Ibra in.

Has to have been his worst start at a new club?

P13
W6
D2
L5

He was obviously brought in to rescue a top 4 finish and yet even before Kane's injury a top 4 finish wasn't looking likely, it's even less on the cards now

Only saw the highlights, but it looked relatively balanced in terms of goal scoring chances, with Liverpool having a couple more.
The goal was a lack of concentration on a throw-in situation.
It's because of their gameplan. They parked the bus in the first half, got dominated and went behind. Second half they started to press aggressively, generally started playing football and were the better team...
Wow didn't remember Southampton had so few points only 10 games ago. Brilliant form from them and credit that they didn't sack their manager.
Smart management looking at performances instead of results. Also probably kept the pulse in the dressing room and saw they were behind the manager and hadn't lost confidence

Has to have been his worst start at a new club?

P13
W6
D2
L5

He was obviously brought in to rescue a top 4 finish and yet even before Kane's injury a top 4 finish wasn't looking likely, it's even less on the cards now
He's already been with them for 13 games?!?! Time really does go damn fast

Next season is his 2nd season. They'll probably be at their best then. Implosion starts the season after.

perhaps - and we will have to wait. But I think I his cycle is getting shorter and shorter. There are only 3 certainties in life - death, taxes and a Jose implosion. We just don’t know the timing.

perhaps - and we will have to wait. But I think I his cycle is getting shorter and shorter. There are only 3 certainties in life - death, taxes and a Jose implosion. We just don’t know the timing.

Agreed, he's done now

Horrible appointment by Spurs which is rightfully back firing

People mask over how unbelievably shit we were for the majority of his first season.

He spent £160m odd and we barely scored 50 league goals the entire season.
What?! That was Jose’s best ever season in football!

He’s making the same mistakes and displaying the same characteristics that showed him up here. He has the caveat of the squad ‘not being good enough’ (a squad that made the CL final and then got a large cash injection) until the summer, so he’s got another 9-10 months to go I reckon.

Imploding already.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...rowing-unrest-dismayed-Tottenham-players.html

Jose Mourinho is already 'facing growing unrest from dismayed Tottenham players over his tactics, long-ball training sessions and public criticism of summer signing Tanguy Ndombele'
  • Tottenham players are growing increasingly unhappy with Jose Mourinho's style
  • They are said to be 'dismayed' with his training sessions and tactics being used
  • Both Danny Rose and Tanguy Ndombele have faced the wrath of the manager
  • Mourinho is trying to find a replacement for the injured Harry Kane this month
Jose Mourinho's methods are coming under increased scrutiny by Tottenham players amid growing unrest at his style within the squad.

They have lost to both Liverpool and Southampton recently, and were held by Norwich and Watford, and there is reportedly mounting tension within the dressing room.

It is claimed several key players have become disillusioned with Mourinho's tactics after just two months in charge, despite initially welcoming his appointment after Mauricio Pochettino's departure.

The report suggests Mourinho's training sessions are 'said to have an over-emphasis on long balls, flick-ons and throw-ins' and are too basic for the Tottenham squad.

A number of players are also said to be unhappy with the way Mourinho has treated summer signing Tanguy Ndombele.

:D

I still think Jose took this job solely for the dismissal compensation. I don't feel that way about United - I think he genuinely felt the board would 100% back him and he'd win some honours, here. At Spurs, he has a board renowned for being miserly with transfer funds. I think he took this job solely with the intention of being fired ASAP.

Spurs squad is a mess and he won't get the £££ to fix it.

Didn't understand the appointment - Spurs need a complete rebuild and Jose isn't the man for that.

Mou PL record since taking over Spurs
WWLWWLWDLLW
6W4L1D
1.7PPG

Ole record in the same period
DDWWDLWWLWLL
5W4L3D
1.5PPG

Mou PL record since taking over Spurs
WWLWWLWDLLW
6W4L1D
1.7PPG

Ole record in the same period
DDWWDLWWLWLL
5W4L3D
1.5PPG

That's a small sample and means nothing. One more game, and the numbers can be very different. In reality. both managers have been poor and had they been in caretaker role, they would have been gone.

That's a small sample and means nothing. One more game, and the numbers can be very different. In reality. both managers have been poor and had they been in caretaker role, they would have been gone.

It means a lot more than a random poster talking about real games meaning nothing

It means a lot more than a random poster talking about real games meaning nothing
What exactly does it mean?

Mourinho: 20 points in 12 games
Ole: 18 points in 12 games

Is this supposed to be seen as a positive for Mourinho?

When looking at Mourinhos record, considering he took over mid season, it's better judging it on the previous 12 games before he took over to see if there is an uplift.

Poch got 14 points from the 12 games leading up to his sacking, so there is an uplift albeit slight. But in general 12 games is a bit early to judge any new manager regardless of if there are doing good or bad, unless there is a significant difference, like if he had lost all 12 games since taking over!

When looking at Mourinhos record, considering he took over mid season, it's better judging it on the previous 12 games before he took over to see if there is an uplift.

Poch got 14 points from the 12 games leading up to his sacking, so there is an uplift albeit slight. But in general 12 games is a bit early to judge any new manager regardless of if there are doing good or bad, unless there is a significant difference, like if he had lost all 12 games since taking over!
An issue is that a manager being sacked is often a result of a particularly bad run of form - not necessarily the current level of the team. I believe that's a key factor behind the "new manager boost". As you said, it's still too early for any definite judgement.

An issue is that a manager being sacked is often a result of a particularly bad run of form - not necessarily the current level of the team. I believe that's a key factor behind the "new manager boost". As you said, it's still too early for any definite judgement.

It's a fair point, in terms of Poch being sacked because results weren't good enough. But a new manager boost is just that really, a boost, and it's usually down to disgruntled players suddenly working harder again than any significant tactical changes. A manager needs at least one summer to really show the direction they are taking a club, to implement a playing style close to what they want ect. We'll only see next season exactly what Mourinho is capable of doing with that spurs squad, it'll still be early days but you'd expect to see a certain style they are working towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.