Joe Rogan

I actually misread that comment last time and thought it was Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but Once Upon a Time in the West, the fecking Seth McFarlane's movie? How bad is your taste to revere both that and Joe Rogan?

You're thinking of A million ways to die in the West.

Once upon a time in the West is a 1968 Sergio Leone classic.
Yes, that makes more sense now.

The only Sergio Leone's film I've watched is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Much more interested in Enrico Morricone's scores than those films themselves, partly because my introduction to Clint Eastwood is that performance with the chair in 2012 RNC.

Yes, that makes more sense now.

The only Sergio Leone's film I've watched is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Much more interested in Enrico Morricone's scores than those films themselves, partly because my introduction to Clint Eastwood is that performance with the chair in 2012 RNC.

If you are a fan of Ennio Morricone, you must see both Once Upon a Time in the West and Once Upon a Time in America. You can add A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More to complete The Dollars Trilogy but only after you see Once Upon a Time movies.

Never heard of him. I’ll listen if there’s a guest I like, I keep meaning to listen to the episode with roger waters but haven’t got round to it yet.
I was kidding, I didn’t think it was a serious question. He had Donald Trump on.

Schaub is just one of the regular hack UFC/comedy guys he’s had on a thousand times.

I was kidding, I didn’t think it was a serious question. He had Donald Trump on.

Schaub is just one of the regular hack UFC/comedy guys he’s had on a thousand times.
It’s pretty mad he became as big as he did when that’s how he started. All he used to have on was those guys at first. How did he go from Brian Redban to Brian Cox and Roger Waters?

It’s pretty mad he became as big as he did when that’s how he started. All he used to have on was those guys at first. How did he go from Brian Redban to Brian Cox and Roger Waters?
No idea. Gradually, I guess. If you were motivated you could probably find a full list of guests and listening numbers to see how it took off.

it's an interesting question on why he got so big

it's not like he's got any particular talent or he's funny or anything..

I reckon at some point he figured out the conspiratorial or right wing leaning guests were going to generate more clicks/interest and things started to liven up - and he ran with it

it's an interesting question on why he got so big

it's not like he's got any particular talent or he's funny or anything..

I reckon at some point he figured out the conspiratorial or right wing leaning guests were going to generate more clicks/interest and things started to liven up - and he ran with it

He was big long before that though. He got big because he was the first high profile person to lean into the long form conversational interviews that can only be done on podcasts. Which is something he was good at. Plus he secured interesting guests.

He already had a massive audience by the time he started grifting. His politics were always small government libertarianism but his move to right wing grifters as the interviewee of choice is a late stage careeer move.

I actually misread that comment last time and thought it was Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but Once Upon a Time in the West, the fecking Seth McFarlane's movie? How bad is your taste to revere both that and Joe Rogan?

I'd be more concerned if someone was actually entertained by that.

It’s a great film. Way more entertaining than I expected after reading similarly moany reviews. So many good scenes.

It's beautifully shot, don't get me wrong.

The whole thing is almost 3 hours and it's so fecking boring. Fcuk all happens, yer one gets her feet out in the cinema and then someone gets hit in the face with a tin of dog food and the dog attacks someone else.

This is now a Tarantino thread?

I’m here for it. feck Joe Rogan. That interview was some shamefull ball-fondling.

Checked Wikipedia and I haven't seen a single Tarantino movie
What's his best?

That's crazy. But Pulp Fiction. Or Reservoir Dogs. Or Kill Bill 1 and 2.

Although Inglorious Basterds is also really good. Also Django Unchained. And, despite what some clearly insane people in this thread suggest, The Hateful Eight and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (although the latter isn't quite as good as the rest).