Joao Neves | signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a good dcm ala Rice not a dribbling cm at 120m

Itll be like signing Pogba all over again

Putting in a bid at half of his exorbitant release clause is a smart idea all around. Let’s the player know we want him and let’s Benfica know we’re willing to negotiate but only at realistic prices.

We need a good dcm ala Rice not a dribbling cm at 120m

Itll be like signing Pogba all over again

Is not Neves a player more in the mould of Declan Rice than Paul Pogba? In the 99th percentile for tackles and interceptions per 90 min in the CL this season (540 min) and 96th for ball recoveries. Similar in the Europa League. 94th and 98th percentile.

Would probably benefit him to play a few more years from Benfica, and I doubt Man Utd can afford and attract him.

He plays as a 6 for Benfica, and as the poster above states, his defensive stats are excellent.
He is similar to Rodri.
But I would be concerned that he might be caught out physically in the Premier League, at least while he adapts.
Class player but €120m is too much.

He plays as a 6 for Benfica, and as the poster above states, his defensive stats are excellent.
He is similar to Rodri.
But I would be concerned that he might be caught out physically in the Premier League, at least while he adapts.
Class player but €120m is too much.

I’d say Florentino Luis is more the sitting midfielder for Benfica.

We don't have the money to spend that much on one player, not even close.

We need quite a few new players, money will be spread thin.

I’d say Florentino Luis is more the sitting midfielder for Benfica.
Yes. Even Aursnes plays there before Neves when Schmidt doesn't have the brainfarts to the norwegian as full back.

If he is all that, break the bank for him. It's by far our most serious deficiency. We'll come up with a decent CB to join the rotation.

Hope people are watching him tonight, he's having another good performance.

Portugal have swapped the midfield set up at half time, Bruno as a 10 with Neves and Vitinha as the two behind. Very similar to what it would be here, Mainoo in place of Vitinha.

Just threw on the 2nd half of this Portugal-Finland game and he's playing so deep as a DM and the fullbacks are pretty high so it's basically a back 3 with him dead centre, so seems like Martinez at least is comfortable with him as a DM (against Finland).

I haven't seen him play enough, but I do think signing the best deeper mid we can, spending big at RCB and then signing young and cheap options at #9 and a versatile left-footed defender and DM would be a sensible enough summer.

Last edited:
Seems to have a good reading of the game but otherwise he hasn’t had much time to shine, basically plays as a third centre back in this game.

Seems to have a good reading of the game but otherwise he hasn’t had much time to shine, basically plays as a third centre back in this game.
Portugal have swapped the midfield set up at half time, Bruno as a 10 with Neves and Vitinha as the two behind. Very similar to what it would be here, Mainoo in place of Vitinha.

That's exactly what we want right? The deepest of the three mids, someone who can get on the ball and dictate a game.

Can't see that happening. Dalot is good and although it pains me to watch Wan-Bissaka play for us, I don't think he will leave this summer.

I meant RCB, Dalot is the least of of our concerns.

If we get a 15-20M offer for Wan-Bissaka, selling him and buying a replacement is fine, yeah.

Watching him play and he looks really good. Similar to Mainoo but slightly more mobile and with a better variety of passes in his locker. The price still has to be right though.

That's exactly what we want right? The deepest of the three mids, someone who can get on the ball and dictate a game.
It's to be said it's against Finland who haven't had much of the ball, he looks so diminutive that you wouldnt be sure I'd he's capable of playing that role at a place like United.

Would appreciate our Portuguese posters chiming in on whether he always plays that deep and how good he's on the physical side of the defending.

My commentator absolutely loves Francisco Conceicao who couldn’t be a more average player if he tried IMO.

Actually we do. Just that for the first summer ever, the top management is not bragging about our financial muscles for all of Europe to fleece us.
How do we? Where has this money come from? It's well known we are restricted.

Must have been extremely close to 100% passes completed tonight, if he didn’t actually hit it.

It's to be said it's against Finland who haven't had much of the ball, he looks so diminutive that you wouldnt be sure I'd he's capable of playing that role at a place like United.

Would appreciate our Portuguese posters chiming in on whether he always plays that deep and how good he's on the physical side of the defending.
I'm not Portuguese but have watched him at Benfica a fair bit the season just gone, he played as a number 6 every time I've watched them.
Haven't watched him much for Portugal, I believe he has played as an 8 at times for them, but in the 2nd half of tonight's game he was the deepest midfielder, didn't catch the first half as was watching Ireland.

Just threw on the 2nd half of this Portugal-Finland game and he's playing so deep as a DM and the fullbacks are pretty high so it's basically a back 3 with him dead centre, so seems like Martinez at least is comfortable with him as a DM (against Finland).
He is mainly a 6 for Benfica. Playmaker from deep, patrols in front of the back 4, occasionally gets forward.

He is mainly a 6 for Benfica. Playmaker from deep, patrols in front of the back 4, occasionally gets forward.

He can play all 3 central roles. He was #10 for Portugal in the U20s. Played as the 8 in the first half tonight and the 6 in the second.

He’s quality IMO and worth big money. Quality over quantity anyway.

He can play all 3 central roles. He was #10 for Portugal in the U20s. Played as the 8 in the first half tonight and the 6 in the second.

He’s quality IMO and worth big money. Quality over quantity anyway.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.