Joško Gvardiol | signs for Peps CB collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just giving an example because I see alot of arguments for him on this forum. I think he is a good footballer but not amongst the best in his position and obviously we cant just sell him.

However, If an upgrade became available and he played at Real Madrid or City, they'd replace him easily. At United, no way we do that.

If upgrade becomes available we will have to spend shit loads of money, we can still do it if we have good enough players in the 11. Right now we have so many holes, it would be madness to even think about Bruno's position.

It's shocking how City are still allowed to carry on with business as usual, considering the 100+ charges looming over their heads.

It's like they know they will get away with it, with minimal consequences. The amount of money currently circulating due to the size of the Premier League brand, will highly likely see them go unpunished. Otherwise it will taint and tarnesh the PL brand, and that can't be allowed with so many fingers in the money pie.

The only way Man United can compete with this level of corruption and cheating is to welcome the Qatari ownership with open arms and blatantly ignore the issues that the Qatari owners bring with them.

Unfortunately I think he'll smash it at City. Perfect defender for Guardiola's system with a rare combination of traits.

It's shocking how City are still allowed to carry on with business as usual, considering the 100+ charges looming over their heads.

It's like they know they will get away with it, with minimal consequences. The amount of money currently circulating due to the size of the Premier League brand, will highly likely see them go unpunished. Otherwise it will taint and tarnesh the PL brand, and that can't be allowed with so many fingers in the money pie.

The only way Man United can compete with this level of corruption and cheating is to welcome the Qatari ownership with open arms and blatantly ignore the issues that the Qatari owners bring with them.

So the solution is to be as corrupt and cheats as they are?

So the solution is to be as corrupt and cheats as they are?

Not at all, but the money the Qatari's can provide without straddling the club with debt, and actually putting money into club infrastructure will give us the best chance of competing against corruption and cheating.

Such a pity he went to City. I’ve been following him for a long time at RB Leipzig and in the Croatian National team. A great left foot who is very strong on the ball as well and will suit perfectly to Guardiola’s system. 100 mio are a lot but considering we paid for Harry 85 mio, then it was actually cheap.

he does lack some pace so playing wide in a LCB spot like that could leave him a bit exposed 1v1

A top team will be lucky to have two top CBs. They have Dias/Stones/Gvardiol/Ake/Akanji/Laporte.

Fecking piss take.

It's just coincidence that his cousin's shell company got a decently small 200 m investment a month ago from an Abu Dhabi based investment fond, nothing to see here really.

So brazen. You only act like that when you know there’s no fear of punishment, CAS have basically given them the green light to do whatever the feck they want after letting them off the hook before.

Stones? Walker? Ake? Laporte?
Laporte is already on his way out...Ake only just started playing this past season due to them going to a back 3

I'll give you Walker but i didn't know he bought him. Stones if you say so

A top team will be lucky to have two top CBs. They have Dias/Stones/Gvardiol/Ake/Akanji/Laporte.

Fecking piss take.
How many people considered Stones Akanji Ake as top CBs before City got them

I doubt they will get punished, most likely they will be given some sort of fine for those charges at most, and technically speaking, if we ignore the charges, City are obviously in a good financial standing with them winning the treble and having enough in the coffers to buy CBs for 100m, they get where they are now by cheating obviously but for now, they are in position to spend money on whoever they please.

Not at all, but the money the Qatari's can provide without straddling the club with debt, and actually putting money into club infrastructure will give us the best chance of competing against corruption and cheating.

Remember that time when Qatar bribed EU parliament members to talk nice about the World Cup in Qatar?

It was a long time ago mind y.. no wait it was last winter

City owners could have done all that and did but with added corruption and financial cheating. So we can all pretend it wouldn't happen with Qatari owners.

How many people considered Stones Akanji Ake as top CBs before City got them

Stones, Laporte were seen as top prospects (Stones seen as more of a gamble though), Dias was also highly rated. Agreed on the other two - no one thought that highly of them.

This guy will no doubt tear it up at City. End of the day 100m for a defender (queue the Maguire jokes) should be a home run spending such money.

In the WC apart from Messi who embarrasses every defender regardless he was a beast.

Can’t help feeling so jealous with how well City is run. Adding top quality player to already a top quality squad. Light years ahead of us.

I would say I don't think he's worth that much and one of the best defenders today, but City turned Akanji into a key player for their treble season so Gravdiol might as well turn into freaking Baresi when he signs.

Can’t help feeling so jealous with how well City is run. Adding top quality player to already a top quality squad. Light years ahead of us.
If it were us, we'd be complaining how they don't really have wingers now that Mahrez is leaving as well.

They have downgraded from Gundogan to Kovacic. They are adding a top class CB, however is that really what they need with their central defense being their strength last season.

Walker likely leaving, Cancelo likely leaving, can they improve on them? No actual top class LB.

I feel like they have great players, but unless they also go on the market, they might have some holes/downgrades.

I fear Arsenal's potential more than I do them in all honesty. However ofcourse, they have more proven world class players and the best manager.

Gvardiol will be assesed the year Pep leaves - 24/25

FFP is a benefit to overuse, the gains are more useful than the corrupted damage.

Yeah, cooking the books helps them a lot.

They may have cooked the books last years, but when they do business they always do it well. Their transfers are not that different from the other named "big" teams. Difference for them is that they always manage to get a classy player who is worth the money for the players they have sold.

Whenever an important player is sold in his place they buy a better or as good player as the one who is sold and they keep the level of their team always at a high with quality players. This summer it looks like they will do the same. They sold good players like Mahrez and Gundogan but they don't seem to be worried about that at all. And this is due to the fact that the have already chosen the players who will replace them without diminishing the qualities of their team.

They took Kovacic and Gvardiol and I'm pretty sure they've already picked a replacement for Mahrez plus probably 1 more midfielder.

It is said that Bernardo Silva may be sold too, but that doesn't seem to bother them either, and in his place they will take a player like De Jong or someone at his level.

Whatever we say, we have spent the same money as them in recent years, the difference is that we have been managed pretty badly over the years and we have always wasted money for thrash and so on.

I agree that they hide how much they are paying to some of their players and there is money under the table, but they always manage to give the money for the right things and quality this is due to good management.

Stones, Laporte were seen as top prospects (Stones seen as more of a gamble though), Dias was also highly rated. Agreed on the other two - no one thought that highly of them.

I still don't think highly of them, especially Akanji.

Status
Not open for further replies.