Joško Gvardiol | signs for Peps CB collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have cooked the books last years, but when they do business they always do it well. Their transfers are not that different from the other named "big" teams. Difference for them is that they always manage to get a classy player who is worth the money for the players they have sold.
He may have robbed the banks but when he launders the money he always does it well type of argument.

Pep has spent 610 Mill on defenders since joining City.
Unfortunately they will recoup most of it back, you just have to look at the fee for zinchenko, the fact they were able to swap danilo for cancelo and they will have buyers for cancelo, they will likely get a good fee for walker and laporte as well.

City owners could have done all that and did but with added corruption and financial cheating. So we can all pretend it wouldn't happen with Qatari owners.

Tbf they were not in the position we are in, they were a small time club. Our club for the most part generates the most money in the world pretty much, so don't need that same kind of business plan.

Stones, Laporte were seen as top prospects (Stones seen as more of a gamble though), Dias was also highly rated. Agreed on the other two - no one thought that highly of them.

I feel at that time (before he signed for City), Dias was rated as highly as Lindelof (before he signed for United). Stones and Laporte had more hype than Dias.

If it were us, we'd be complaining how they don't really have wingers now that Mahrez is leaving as well.

They have downgraded from Gundogan to Kovacic. They are adding a top class CB, however is that really what they need with their central defense being their strength last season.

Walker likely leaving, Cancelo likely leaving, can they improve on them? No actual top class LB.

I feel like they have great players, but unless they also go on the market, they might have some holes/downgrades.

I fear Arsenal's potential more than I do them in all honesty. However ofcourse, they have more proven world class players and the best manager.
Pep is going to play 9 defenders pumping it up to Haaland and still win the league

Unfortunately they will recoup most of it back, you just have to look at the fee for zinchenko, the fact they were able to swap danilo for cancelo and they will have buyers for cancelo, they will likely get a good fee for walker and laporte as well.
Cancelo was Danilo + 30m IIRC.

They could get 100mn for Cancelo + Laporte. But I dont know which clubs will be interested in defenders worth 50mn apiece

Isn’t this the same Gvardiol who was absolutely destroyed by Man City 7-0 in last years Champions League where he looked completely out of his depth?

From Twitter,

#ManCity do not want to pay the price RB Leipzig want for Josko Gvardiol, and Leipzig feel they are justified in asking for it as the defender’s release clause is higher next summer.

@sistoney67

Pep gets quite the pass for buying 15 center backs to settle on two or three. Crook must have spent close to $300m just on CBs

The case is that we don’t have settled staring duo. Varane when fit is amazing but it’s not always available. I’d love to see Gvardiol here. We might then just sell Varane.
actually my friend there is no need to sell Varane because Gvardiol has good pace and speed there for can be used as a full back

Can’t help feeling so jealous with how well City is run. Adding top quality player to already a top quality squad. Light years ahead of us.
It's easy to sign all the best players when you pay 100% additional amounts in brown envelopes to the selling club, the player, his family, his agent, etc. Of course everyone wants to play for City, even if you don't get regular first team minutes, you can get Saudi like wages and win real trophies. How many of the people saying this want our club to be run by the Qataris, but are against MG's return? Hypocracy much.

Personally, I am against Qatari ownership but for allowing MG to return. One is a systematic abuse of human rights, the other is on a personal level, and individuals should have an opportunity for penitence (assuming he is truly sorry).

If they get Gvardiol, I believe it’s over £600 million spent on defenders since Pep took charge.

He will be immense, not sure about his ability on the ball but his reading of the game at such a young age is exceptional. Was outstanding at the world cup additionally. Lot of pressure if the few is close to 100M.

He will be immense, not sure about his ability on the ball but his reading of the game at such a young age is exceptional. Was outstanding at the world cup additionally. Lot of pressure if the few is close to 100M.

His ability on the ball is his best attribute. If anything it's his defending that's suspect.

It’s nice how clubs like City don’t have to negotiate and can just stump up the Dinars.

They clearly had to negotiate, just because you dont hear about it doen't meet they didnt. Leipzig had always said, they wanted 90m, if you pay the price, you dont need to negotiate.

Fabrizio mentioned a few weeks back it was a done deal, so clearly they were negotiating for weeks.

depends on currency and exchange rates. Maguire was €87m at the time, so in Euros, Gvardiol will be the most expensive CB in history und you can bet your house that RB Leipzig will communicate it as such.

Just when you think their defence couldn't possibly get any stronger they go and sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.