Jermaine Jenas | Sacked by BBC

I dunno, it sounds like you very much can stand right orientated views?

Though I do personally look forward to you being completely neutral on all matters from now on
I’m am most definitely not right. My views and opinions are what’s best for the situation. I sit very much in the center thanks. Like anything in politics you’re going to hurt certain groups of people with your decisions that’s natural. But as I’ve said, with a housing shortage and heading towards overpopulation in many areas, it doesn’t make sense logistically or financially to take everyone in just because they want to come. Explain that to the locals who cannot afford to get on the housing ladder or pay extortionate fees for 1 bedroom apartments, I’m sure it’ll go down real well.

Virtue signalling, yet he has taken refugees into his own home. Might want to Google the phrase and try again.

Well good on him but he knows it harms the BBC when he attacks the government openly. Sure he's entitled to do it but it doesn't do anything except varnish his brand.

I’m am most definitely not right. My views and opinions are what’s best for the situation. I sit very much in the center thanks. Like anything in politics you’re going to hurt certain groups of people with your decisions that’s natural. But as I’ve said, with a housing shortage and heading towards overpopulation in many areas, it doesn’t make sense logistically or financially to take everyone in just because they want to come. Explain that to the locals who cannot afford to get on the housing ladder or pay extortionate fees for 1 bedroom apartments, I’m sure it’ll go down real well.
The centre? Relative to who? The fecking Daleks?

Unaffordable accommodation and failing to build enough homes is a deliberate political choice by governments who want home owners to vote for them because their homes keep rising in value.

Not because people are claiming asylum. Which you do not need to come to the UK legally to do.

It's the Government's fault that there isn't enough housing, they've had over a decade to try and sort it out and they've made it worse not better. That isn't the fault of Asylum seekers and it shouldn't be an argument to counter them. We should be livid the Government has fecked around for a decade and wasted billions of tax payers money on corrupt schemes. Wake the feck up.

Got to say Im quite shocked at the woke left-wing support for Lineker on this forum, would never have guessed it of Man Utd fans.
Most football fans in the south can't stand him and two-faced opinions like waffling on about human rights in Qatar whilst comfortably picking up his pay check being over there. Likewise banging on about immigrants when he doesn't live on the south coast and see the damage they are doing to locals communities, ironic really when you think he lives in a million pound mansion and could put some of them up.
Using the word 'Nazi' in any language is just despicable and all those defending him are just as bad. He can have an opinion but he also needs to realise he's in the public eye and can't just blurt stuff out. If a Police Officer had put that on social media they would be suspended and probably fired within a week, so lets stop with the theatrics just because a 'media celeb doing football'. Its double standards and you know it.
I for one am glad he's gone, nobody needs to listen to his pisch and waffle on MOTD, I just need the highlights, thats it. Its not like there won't be people lining up to take his place eventually and if the BBC don't use presenters anymore then so be it. Its the same old garbage they spew out anyway.
This is almost certainly a wum, and not even a subtle one at that. From the username, coupled to your quips about living in the south, and just the entire car crash nature of the post.

Try harder next time :lol:

Are none of the journos working today?

Just seen the live feed and it’s all lifted from Sky Sports (G Nev) talking about the City Palace game.

Maybe the locals should stop voting Tory? Because it's the South East that's their stronghold but it's apparently some people from abroad's fault the UK is run by crooks, charlatans and criminals.

Got to say Im quite shocked at the woke left-wing support for Lineker on this forum, would never have guessed it of Man Utd fans.
1 - Most football fans in the south can't stand him and two-faced opinions like waffling on about human rights in Qatar whilst comfortably picking up his pay check being over there.
2 - Likewise banging on about immigrants when he doesn't live on the south coast and see the damage they are doing to locals communities, ironic really when you think he lives in a million pound mansion and could put some of them up.
3 - Using the word 'Nazi' in any language is just despicable and all those defending him are just as bad. He can have an opinion but he also needs to realise he's in the public eye and can't just blurt stuff out. If a Police Officer had put that on social media they would be suspended and probably fired within a week, so lets stop with the theatrics just because a 'media celeb doing football'. Its double standards and you know it.
4 - I for one am glad he's gone, nobody needs to listen to his pisch and waffle on MOTD, I just need the highlights, thats it. Its not like there won't be people lining up to take his place eventually and if the BBC don't use presenters anymore then so be it. Its the same old garbage they spew out anyway.

Everyone else is calling you an idiot but I'll be kinder.

1- You don't have to be a fan of Lineker to agree with one thing he posts.
2 - He is perfectly entitled to an opinion and view as are you even if you spout more drivel. Are only people in Palestine allowed views on whats going on there? Only if you're actually in Ukraine can you comment there? The idea immigrants don't spread throughout the country is also bollix.
3 - Linkeker never used the word "Nazi" so i don't know where you pulled that from. Its a comparison between language and wording from1930's German politics and 2020's UK being used to defend some draconian measures. Nothing more. Also on use of the word Nazi, thats bollix and I hate this both when it comes from the left or the right or someone in between. If someone shows Nazi traits, behaves in said manner then the comparison is fine.
4 - Most people are indifferent to Lineker, but the idea he's not gonna be replaced by someone elses "pisch and waffle" is foolish. Sometimes its better the devil you know but at worst you can just turn the sound off. Just wait till you get Jim fecking Beglin instead.

I mean this is absolutely not the thread for it, but also, absolutely no one is saying “let them all in” they’re saying “don’t treat them like subhuman scum and attempt to forge a nasty culture war issue around paltry numbers of asylum seekers to distract from the societal failings of the current government, who are invested in keeping the kinds of people angry about it, perpetually so”… Not to mention that a large number of legitimate asylum seekers HAVE to come here illegally first, for a number of reason, not least because of the deliberate issues created by this government.. Amongst a raft of other issues that include the housing shortage, which is also a deliberate move by people with “right orientated views” to keep homeowners voting for them.

If I thought for a moment you cared about the housing shortage, you’re ire should be directed at the same people Lineker is speaking out against for not building any new fecking homes over the last 13 years. But then apparently anyone with any kind of views that aren’t “I find the colour grey satisfactory” are tools.

Most football fans in the south can't stand him and two-faced opinions like waffling on about human rights in Qatar whilst comfortably picking up his pay check being over there. Likewise banging on about immigrants when he doesn't live on the south coast and see the damage they are doing to locals communities, ironic really when you think he lives in a million pound mansion and could put some of them up.
Using the word 'Nazi' in any language is just despicable and all those defending him are just as bad. He can have an opinion but he also needs to realise he's in the public eye and can't just blurt stuff out. If a Police Officer had put that on social media they would be suspended and probably fired within a week, so lets stop with the theatrics just because a 'media celeb doing football'. Its double standards and you know it.
I for one am glad he's gone, nobody needs to listen to his pisch and waffle on MOTD, I just need the highlights, thats it. Its not like there won't be people lining up to take his place eventually and if the BBC don't use presenters anymore then so be it. Its the same old garbage they spew out anyway.
It is really great to hear from the voice of the South. You've really got your finger on the pulse down there, and are in no way over exaggerating your knowledge of opinions from tens of millions of people.

Thank you for contributing.

One thing, I just hope you didn't just use the N*z* word though. Because that would be despicable. Unless it is the collective choice of the South to use it. Even Gary L****** didn't use it.

Is pretty common to be held accountable for what you post on social media. Even more so in a tax payer funded organisation. I'd say it was a very modern thing, it'll be in his contract somewhere I'd imagine.

Normally I'd agree, but there are a few things here that makes it problematic.

1. BBC is a state owned broadcaster that at its core is supposed to be politically unbiased and inform the public. There is a law in place to ensure that the government doesn't intervene in the running of the BBC. It is widely considered the most reliable and unbiased news-source in the world. Removing an employee because he criticised the substance of a government policy is a breach of that trust.

2. What he said was factually correct. The language used is similar to policies from 1930s Germany, and he is far from the first person to point that out. It is also true that the combined number of immigrants (both unauthorised and authorised) is far less than other large European countries, with the UK accepting less authorised immigrants than any other large European country. The numbers of unauthorised have been skewed by the consequences of Brexit.

3. It is looking likely that the conservative party were directly involved in the BBC deciding to remove him, or at the very least that the decision was made by people with strong ties to the party. So essentially we are in a situation where the government may have intervened in the running of the BBC in order to silence perfectly legitimate criticism of a public policy out of embarrasment and fear of that media personality's influence.

Hitting all the key points here. Weak conflations. Factually incorrect. "Wouldn't put his money where his mouth is" which, when proven factually incorrect will have the goalposts shifted. Woke and Left-wing in the opening sentence.

For some reason though just not believable. Almost too perfectly constructed.
Bingo!

You come here spouting this trash, you should be evicted for quality control.

And it's funny how the strong right (trying to coin something similarly dumb as your expression, so you don't get confused) is so easily offended.

You also need to educate yourself on the country you live because wannabe authoritarian idiocy like the above has allowed the Tories to walk all over institution the UK such as the BBC for which it is globally recognised for.0

Woke left. fecking pathetic stuff.
He should be banned for that

Already backtracking, the Tory rat.

Apparently, he was asked to step back, they want him back and willing to review rules :lol:. What a bunch of cnuts.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64918162
BBC director general Tim Davie has apologised to licence fee payers after a day of disruption for sports programming.
Football shows were pulled at the last minute when presenters and commentators walked out in support of Gary Lineker.

The Match of the Day host was suspended on Friday after he criticised the government's controversial asylum policy.

Mr Davie denied he was pressured into the move by the government.

The BBC boss admitted it had been a "difficult day" for the corporation but said "we are working very hard to resolve the situation".

Interviewed by BBC News, Mr Davie said "success for me is getting Gary back on air", adding he was prepared to review impartiality rules for freelance staff like Lineker.

The director general said he would "absolutely not" be resigning but admitted "this has been a tough time for the BBC".

He said there had been no "pandering" to any political party amid accusations from opposition parties that BBC executives had bowed to pressure from Downing Street and ministers over the anti-government tweet.

Mr Davie said Lineker had been asked to "step back" after getting "involved in party political matters".

Commenting on the controversial so-called Stop The Boats Bill on Tuesday, Lineker called it an "immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s".

His suspension on Friday triggered a wider debate about BBC impartiality, the government's asylum policy and the position of the broadcaster's chairman Richard Sharp.

It also led to an unprecedented day of turmoil for the BBC's sport operation, with staff including some of the most recognisable faces and voices associated with its football coverage downing tools.

On a day which should have featured morning to evening football programming on TV and radio, the BBC was forced to air re-runs of programmes or play podcasts on Radio 5 Live to plug gaps in the schedule.

Football Focus was due to air at noon but was pulled when host Alex Scott tweeted it "doesn't feel right going ahead with the show today" an hour-and-a-half before it was due to start.

Final Score was axed from the 4pm slot when host Jason Mohammad told the BBC he was refusing to present.

Radio 5 Live's regular Saturday morning show Fighting Talk was cancelled when staff boycotted, a decision host Colin Murray said was "taken by the entire... team and myself".

Fans tuning in to follow the afternoon's action on TV were met with re-runs of Bargain Hunt and The Repair Shop. At one point, 5 Live resorted to replaying old pre-recorded material.

Match of the Day is still slated to go ahead on Saturday night - but it has been reduced to a 20 minute edition which will not have any commentary and will be without pundits Alan Shearer and Ian Wright, or any replacements.

There are major questions surrounding Sunday's planned coverage and whether the BBC can get Match of the Day 2 with Mark Chapman onto TV screens. The host was absent from the airwaves on Saturday.

A Department for Culture, Media and Sport spokesperson said "individual cases are a matter for the BBC," but Downing Street and several senior ministers have been vocally critical in recent days.

Home Secretary Suella Braverman and Culture Secretary Lucy Frazer have both attacked the presenter for implying a comparison between the government's language and Nazi Germany.

Ms Braverman said the Nazi comparison used by Lineker was "lazy and unhelpful".

Senior Labour politicians have expressed support for Lineker, including leader Sir Keir Starmer. He said the government should focus on fixing the asylum system rather than "whingeing on" about Lineker and accused BBC bosses of bowing to pressure from ministers.
Liberal Democrat leader Sir Ed Davey called for BBC chairman Richard Sharp to stand down, saying the row exposed "failings at the top" of the corporation.

"We need leadership at the BBC that upholds our proud British values and can withstand today's consistently turbulent politics and Conservative bullying tactics," he added.

Earlier on Saturday, Greg Dyke, who acted as director general between 2000 and 2004, said the BBC had "undermined its own credibility" over its handling of the row.

He pointed to the ongoing controversy surrounding Mr Sharp, adding the Lineker move could create the impression the "BBC has bowed to government pressure".

An ongoing KC-led review into Mr Sharp's appointment as BBC chairman is investigating whether he failed to properly disclose details of his involvement in the facilitation of an £800,000 loan guarantee for the then PM Boris Johnson. He has denied any involvement in the arrangement of a loan for Mr Johnson.

The BBC is also conducting its own internal review over any potential conflicts of interest Mr Sharp may have in his current role as BBC chairman.

Former head of BBC TV News and director of sport, Roger Mosey, also called for Mr Sharp to go and said the chairman had "damaged the BBC's credibility".

However, others have been more supportive of the BBC's actions. Richard Ayre, former controller of editorial policy at the corporation, said on Friday the BBC had "no choice" but to take action against Lineker.

He said the BBC's director general Tim Davie had "clearly tried" to reach an agreement with Lineker but failed, adding: "It's inevitable now that having in effect not sacked him but removed him temporarily at least, the BBC will now come under a torrent of criticism saying it's acting under the government's behest."

Lineker has hosted Match of the Day since 1999 and is the BBC's highest paid star, having earned about £1.35m in 2020-21. He is employed by the BBC on a freelance basis.

BBC employees are expected to be remain impartial on political matters and must follow strict social media guidelines, but there is significant debate about how they should apply to staff outside of news.

BBC News has been told that the Match of the Day production team were not told in advance about its decision on Lineker.

Lineker has not yet publicly commented on the latest developments and was seen attending a Leicester City home game earlier on Saturday.

This has to be a bot. I refuse to believe this is serious.

Laughably pathetic post. I knew you weren’t a united fan as soon as I read it. But then I saw the username and now I am ashamed how could I ever doubt you. Reread it and realised once more it’s a cnut of a post but then again I saw you username. Now I ashamed some more. Apologies.

Go back to sleep.

This is a shocker of a post. It’s well documented that he has had actual refugees in his house. It’s also a fact that he never used the word Nazi, he just said the language was not dissimilar to 1930s Germany.

He will re write the rules on impartiality. Within weeks there will be rabid right wing nonsense being spouted by newly hired or existing BBC freelancers.

Unless they are directly commenting on political issues, I dont see it making much of a difference. Plus, it’s very easy to see the difference of accusing someone of using language similar to Nazi’s, and actually having Nazi viewpoints yourself.

IMG-20230311-215506.jpg

He is an idiot. Don’t need to get so triggered by a tweet. David Cameron calls those people twats and that’s just what they are. I can’t stand left oriented views and I can’t stand right oriented views, both sides are tools but when it comes to immigration this view that we need to do something is moronic. Not half because the government haven’t got their own shit at home sorted out first. If you arrive illegally then you have knowingly broken the law, we shouldn’t roll out a red carpet for you regardless of your situation. Finally comparing numbers of immigrants between the UK and Europe, ignoring the sizes of all these nations, is not a very solid arguement. There’s a housing shortage, where are you going to put them.
Wow. Blue is definitely your colour

Ever think that those people aren’t the root cause of all the problems? They are however a convenient narrative for those that can make a difference but choose not too

I’m going to watch MOTD live for the first time in years.
it will probably get the highest viewing figures for decades tonight.
4d chess?

SirReginald is bang on. It’s a shame that nobody learnt from A Modest Proposal For preventing the Children of Poor People From being a Burthen to Their Parents or Country, and For making them Beneficial to the Publick all those years ago.