Jermaine Jenas | Sacked by BBC

I'm with you on this one!
I'm almost at the stage that if Campbell is 'for it'... I'm 'against it'. He got away with all sorts in his time and was at the top of his game, but as you say lots of people suffered because of some of his successes.

As a big BBC fan I do wish Lineker would shut his self indulgent, overpaid, virtue signalling gob. But there really is no reason why he should have to and nobody should make him.

As a big BBC fan I do wish Lineker would shut his self indulgent, overpaid, virtue signalling gob. But there really is no reason why he should have to and nobody should make him.
Lost me on using ‘virtue signalling’ without a shred of irony.

See people didn’t used to think this. What this government has done to the BBC is working.

Partially agree, but I think such attitudes existed before amongst the conspiratorial element of the right wing, and Tories have played into and pushed it more into the public narrative. I remember 10+ years ago watching YouTube videos of "Freemen on the Land" gimps refusing to pay their TV license and getting into confrontations with bailiffs.

The country will vote Tory again, sure of it.
They will but they won't get a majority. I think they are done for.

Saying that, the closer it is to 2024, the closer the right-wing press will ramp up the hysteria over Labour, as if 13 years of Tory failure should be forgotten about.

They may get ideas and think this is the way forward.
The issue would then be how could the BBC justify forking out for a multi-million pound TV package when it next goes out to tender.

Part of me thinks the BBC wanted rid of Lineker for some time, and this was the opportune moment. Yet, they didn't anticipate *this* level of backlash.

I genuinely hope the BBC comes crashing down as an organisation. Fecking shitmunchers. People need to stop funding these dirtbags and cancel their TV licenses. (Even if it means ignoring the threatening letters you get through the post)
Tories 2 - UK Population 0

That's exactly what they want. That's why they put a Tory donor and ex Tory candidate at the top of the BBC.

The solution is reform not destruction.

The issue would then be how could the BBC justify forking out for a multi-million pound TV package when it next goes out to tender.

Part of me thinks the BBC wanted rid of Lineker for some time, and this was the opportune moment. Yet, they didn't anticipate *this* level of backlash.

Fair point. I'm not sure how much fans would miss analysis to be honest. Its one of those things we moan about but would we miss it if it was gone?

Oh most definitely. They are waiting for the day their highest paid employee to call it a day, and give it to Jenas on a much lower salary.

Fair point. I'm not sure how much fans would miss analysis to be honest. Its one of those things we moan about but would we miss it if it was gone?

Oh most definitely. They are waiting for the day their highest paid employee to call it a day, and give it to Jenas on a much lower salary.

Nope. I usually pause it for 15 mins at the start and just fast forward through all that crap.

I also think this is just being used as an excuse to get rid of him.

Got to say Im quite shocked at the woke left-wing support for Lineker on this forum, would never have guessed it of Man Utd fans.
Most football fans in the south can't stand him and two-faced opinions like waffling on about human rights in Qatar whilst comfortably picking up his pay check being over there. Likewise banging on about immigrants when he doesn't live on the south coast and see the damage they are doing to locals communities, ironic really when you think he lives in a million pound mansion and could put some of them up.
Using the word 'Nazi' in any language is just despicable and all those defending him are just as bad. He can have an opinion but he also needs to realise he's in the public eye and can't just blurt stuff out. If a Police Officer had put that on social media they would be suspended and probably fired within a week, so lets stop with the theatrics just because a 'media celeb doing football'. Its double standards and you know it.
I for one am glad he's gone, nobody needs to listen to his pisch and waffle on MOTD, I just need the highlights, thats it. Its not like there won't be people lining up to take his place eventually and if the BBC don't use presenters anymore then so be it. Its the same old garbage they spew out anyway.

I know people say they don’t want pundits anyway - and MOTD are guilty of employing some terrible ones tbf - but the amount of absolute breeze people are willing to listen to from clueless fans online - just absolute idiots spewing nonsense endlessly without even the rights to play any accompanying clips, clearly demonstrates there’s a massive market for it. Of course people will still be interested in hearing what actual pros think about things, unless we’ve entered a new incredibly dumb “sick of experts” Brexity phase of football consumption (which we may have tbf!).

Not to mention that Lineker is a fantastically accomplished host. The programme simply wouldn’t work without any form of that going forward, especially in an age where you can already get that pretty much at your fingertips. It’s just something people like to say.

Got to say Im quite shocked at the woke left-wing support for Lineker on this forum, would never have guessed it of Man Utd fans.
Most football fans in the south can't stand him and two-faced opinions like waffling on about human rights in Qatar whilst comfortably picking up his pay check being over there. Likewise banging on about immigrants when he doesn't live on the south coast and see the damage they are doing to locals communities, ironic really when you think he lives in a million pound mansion and could put some of them up.
Using the word 'Nazi' in any language is just despicable and all those defending him are just as bad. He can have an opinion but he also needs to realise he's in the public eye and can't just blurt stuff out. If a Police Officer had put that on social media they would be suspended and probably fired within a week, so lets stop with the theatrics just because a 'media celeb doing football'. Its double standards and you know it.
I for one am glad he's gone, nobody needs to listen to his pisch and waffle on MOTD, I just need the highlights, thats it. Its not like there won't be people lining up to take his place eventually and if the BBC don't use presenters anymore then so be it. Its the same old garbage they spew out anyway.
Lineker has personally housed asylum seekers, which is well known. Lord knows why some people think the country's asylum system should be reliant on compassionate citizens who speak out on human rights, rather than being the responsibility of the government though.

We've got a live one here!

… ironic really when you think he lives in a million pound mansion and could put some of them up…

Apart from how ludicrously unhinged the rest of your post is… he famously does do this.

Also he lives in Barnes… his mansion is at least £8m. One mil would probably get him a flat above a grocers.

I know people say they don’t want pundits anyway - and MOTD are guilty of employing some terrible ones tbf - but the amount of absolute breeze people are willing to listen to from clueless fans online - just absolute idiots spewing nonsense endlessly without even the rights to play any accompanying clips, clearly demonstrates there’s a massive market for it. Of course people will still be interested in hearing what actual pros think about things, unless we’ve entered a new incredibly dumb “sick of experts” Brexity phase of football consumption (which we may have tbf!).

Not to mention that Lineker is a fantastically accomplished host. The programme simply wouldn’t work without any form of that going forward, especially in an age where you can already get that pretty much at your fingertips. It’s just something people like to say.
My theory is that those idiots you mention get their viewing figures from hysteria, sensationalism and extreme opinions. That's what people seem to. Enjoy these days. Look at the attention that Arsenal fan channel used to get on this forum thanks to the over the top rants. I don't think people have much interest in the rational and down to earth punditry you see on motd

Hitting all the key points here. Weak conflations. Factually incorrect. "Wouldn't put his money where his mouth is" which, when proven factually incorrect will have the goalposts shifted. Woke and Left-wing in the opening sentence.

For some reason though just not believable. Almost too perfectly constructed.

Absolute horseshit post.

Hopefully a wum.

It is dull without pundits, annoying as they can be. In Mauritius they don't use them, they just play the match and stick bloody music videos on at half-time.

Lineker is a good host and even if Shearer is monotone, at least they spot stuff and debate it.

Hitting all the key points here. Weak conflations. Factually incorrect. "Wouldn't put his money where his mouth is" which, when proven factually incorrect will have the goalposts shifted. Woke and Left-wing in the opening sentence.

For some reason though just not believable. Almost too perfectly constructed.

Don’t forget the implication that despite evidence to the contrary, actually, ”’most” people agree with him. You know, proper people. That’s always a dandy red flag for me.

Mon yerself Gary. Dropping absolute truth bombs that the ‘impartial’ BBC don’t like.

Speaks volumes about our media when Gary is causing more headlines tweeting about the new bill rather than the abhorrent bill itself.

Can’t wait for Murdoch and his cronies to kick the bucket….and also the Tories to just feck off out of Westminster

Virtue signalling, yet he has taken refugees into his own home. Might want to Google the phrase and try again.

He is an idiot. Don’t need to get so triggered by a tweet. David Cameron calls those people twats and that’s just what they are. I can’t stand left oriented views and I can’t stand right oriented views, both sides are tools but when it comes to immigration this view that we need to do something is moronic. Not half because the government haven’t got their own shit at home sorted out first. If you arrive illegally then you have knowingly broken the law, we shouldn’t roll out a red carpet for you regardless of your situation. Finally comparing numbers of immigrants between the UK and Europe, ignoring the sizes of all these nations, is not a very solid arguement. There’s a housing shortage, where are you going to put them.

It is dull without pundits, annoying as they can be. In Mauritius they don't use them, they just play the match and stick bloody music videos on at half-time.

Lineker is a good host and even if Shearer is monotone, at least they spot stuff and debate it.

Everyone watches the full post game reaction when their team has a big win. Of course they fecking do. We eat up this stuff.

(I’m aware I’ve just done a “most people agree with me” post… but I’m at least pretty sure I’m right!)

I can’t stand left oriented views and I can’t stand right oriented views, both sides are tools but when it comes to immigration this view that we need to do something is moronic. Not half because the government haven’t got their own shit at home sorted out first. If you arrive illegally then you have knowingly broken the law, we shouldn’t roll out a red carpet for you regardless of your situation.

I dunno, it sounds like you very much can stand right orientated views?

Though I do personally look forward to you being completely neutral on all matters from now on

Most football fans in the south can't stand him

This is has to be a wind up, its their first post and they write this.

You joined the forum and have made 1 singular post and this is the post you decide to make.

This almost definitely is a troll post and is ban worthy. Especially since the account name is "Ivealwayssupportedunited" and then speaks of "Man Utd Fans" as if they aren't one themselves.

You come here spouting this trash, you should be evicted for quality control.

And it's funny how the strong right (trying to coin something similarly dumb as your expression, so you don't get confused) is so easily offended.

You also need to educate yourself on the country you live in because wannabe authoritarian idiocy like the above has allowed the Tories to walk all over institutions the UK such as the BBC for which it is globally recognised for.

Woke left. fecking pathetic stuff.

Last edited:
He is an idiot. Don’t need to get so triggered by a tweet. David Cameron calls those people twats and that’s just what they are. I can’t stand left oriented views and I can’t stand right oriented views, both sides are tools but when it comes to immigration this view that we need to do something is moronic. Not half because the government haven’t got their own shit at home sorted out first. If you arrive illegally then you have knowingly broken the law, we shouldn’t roll out a red carpet for you regardless of your situation. Finally comparing numbers of immigrants between the UK and Europe, ignoring the sizes of all these nations, is not a very solid arguement. There’s a housing shortage, where are you going to put them.
Crikey.

Pretty sure it's a troll because of the subtle implication he lives in the south and supports United, emphasising the terrible cliché that we're all in London etc.

The rest of the post is also a dead giveaway.