Jermaine Jenas | Sacked by BBC

I genuinely hope the BBC comes crashing down as an organisation. Fecking shitmunchers. People need to stop funding these dirtbags and cancel their TV licenses. (Even if it means ignoring the threatening letters you get through the post)

I genuinely hope the BBC comes crashing down as an organisation. Fecking shitmunchers. People need to stop funding these dirtbags and cancel their TV licenses. (Even if it means ignoring the threatening letters you get through the post)

See people didn’t used to think this. What this government has done to the BBC is working.

The Tories love this idea.

why would the Tories want rid of something that helps them maintain power and the status quo?

See people didn’t used to think this. What this government has done to the BBC is working.

It's not just this government. The BBC's power was built around a post war consensus that began to dissolve under Thatcher and then got exploded by the internet.

why would the Tories want rid of something that helps them maintain power and the status quo?

Consensus politics reinforces their power and legitimacy but limits how they can use it. Two edged sword. Governments usually want to change the status quo in some way.

Because what will replace it will be even worse see Murdoch news and the like

those things already exist and aren't controlled by the Tories

and way more people trust the BBC than the likes of Murdoch news

To go all BBC and in the interest of balance - both Emily Thornberry and Yvette Cooper did not defend Lineker and criticised him. Good to see Labour have reevaluated once they realised which way the wind was going.

It’s desperately sad to see how politicians think that the only way to curry favour with voters is to be evasive on issues to do with brown people and foreigners because they think (rightly it seems) that our country is a racist one

Disgusting.

This is what happens when a country votes for the nasty party and Boris fecking Johnson.
Because we are not a normal country
The country will vote Tory again, sure of it.
100% no confidence. No matter how low they go, it astonishes me how morons will find logical fallacies to churn out to defend them and pretend this is a normal functioning democracy and country

those things already exist and aren't controlled by the Tories

and way more people trust the BBC than the likes of Murdoch news

They aren’t controlled by the Tories because they don’t have to be: they already push the Tory agenda. In fact they create the Tory agenda to push their own aims.

The BBC has been systematically threatened by the Tories over the last 13 years to be their mouthpiece or lose funding.

They aren’t controlled by the Tories because they don’t have to be: they already push the Tory agenda. In fact they create the Tory agenda to push their own aims.

The BBC has been systematically threatened by the Tories over the last 13 years to be their mouthpiece or lose funding.

Murdochs Sun actually supported Labour the last time they were in power

the Tories threatening The Tories at the BBC, how very Tory of them

The complete nuclear levels of “fecked it” do make you wonder whether this is a calculated Trojan horse effort to destroy the Beeb once and for all. We all know they want to eventually, and there was just absolutely no need to do this, or indeed anything at all. It would’ve just gone away.

Though the even money, as always, is on ‘just arrogant Tory shits thinking they’d get away with it cos they usually do.’
At very least I think the (hypocrite) lords putting pressure on Davie and calling for a full apology from Lineker know very well he is not going to do that. They probably think they can force him out and would be quite happy with that. But if he stands really firm he can keep everyone with him which will be fun to see play out.

You’d think people would at least realise that what the BBC still has, in comparison to virtually all other media organisations, is the ability to continue to platform people who will criticise and hold it to account from all sides. Until that changes, it remains worth fighting for.

Feck’s sake. Now I want to watch MOTD.

It will still be on, just will use world feed comms and I presume interviews will be the press conference after the game and then straight onto the next game as you get in most highlights shows.

Cant get rid of the beeb - what will happen to Children in Need, Red Nose Day, Cash in the attic, Mrs Brown Boys

Is pretty common to be held accountable for what you post on social media. Even more so in a tax payer funded organisation. I'd say it was a very modern thing, it'll be in his contract somewhere I'd imagine.

If that was the case no one should be allowed to have a social media account and criticise the government? Let’s not forget, he hasn’t said something racist or offensive, he’s also not mentioned anything about his employer.

If that was the case no one should be allowed to have a social media account and criticise the government? Let’s not forget, he hasn’t said something racist or offensive, he’s also not mentioned anything about his employer.
Why on earth would no one be able to have a social media account :lol:

Does MOTD even have a scouse pundit anymore?

Their BBC live text feed is somewhat better today as well funnily enough. It’s just straight up reporting what’s happening with zero editorialising and no attempts to be obnoxiously relatable or humourous, which I find annoying at times.

No, your Alan Partridge references are making me cringe somewhat. Tell me what the fecks happening in the games.

Is pretty common to be held accountable for what you post on social media. Even more so in a tax payer funded organisation. I'd say it was a very modern thing, it'll be in his contract somewhere I'd imagine.
Is it not in Sugar's contract? What about when Lineker spoke on Corbyn?

What about the loan arranged by the stooge in charge for that sole stain Johnson?

I'd love to see a trial where the inconsistency is pointed out.

Why on earth would no one be able to have a social media account :lol:

I said have a social media account and criticise the government, not have a social media account generally.

I work in education. Should I be held accountable if I criticise the government on social media?

Either way he’s been political on Twitter before so it’s not like it’s a new thing. I think the BBC has just decided to take a stance this one time without realising how massively it would backfire.

I think it's pretty obvious to even a casual observer by now that the BBC did not 'decide' to take a stance this time. They simply caved in to external pressure, from obvious sources. I'd love someone to ask the BBC hierarchy if this would have happened if Lineker tweeted support for the new immigration bill.

I said have a social media account and criticise the government, not have a social media account generally.

I work in education. Should I be held accountable if I criticise the government on social media?
You'll be fully aware that there are certain things that you cannot post on social media then. Pretty sure if you were comparing your education authority to Nazi's then they'd be on to you pretty quickly. If you put up an anonymous account you can post whatever you like. If Gary has certain terms in his contract, then if he doesn't adhere to them are his employers just supposed to let it go?

It's amazing/frightening to watch a western nation's slow slide into fascism.

You'll be fully aware that there are certain things that you cannot post on social media then. Pretty sure if you were comparing your education authority to Nazi's then they'd be on to you pretty quickly. If you put up an anonymous account you can post whatever you like. If Gary has certain terms in his contract, then if he doesn't adhere to them are his employers just supposed to let it go?

If they routinely 'let it go' then yes. I'm pretty sure the courts are used to dealing with unfair dismissal cases where vague clauses in contracts are used arbitrarily.

Which makes his championing of Lineker all the more ironic.
Not really, according to Ben Brown Alistair Campbell works for Lineker's company... pot..kettle etc.
Campbell had the magic touch once upon a time in the land of Blair, but its deserted him on this one

Not really, according to Ben Brown Alistair Campbell works for Lineker's company... pot..kettle etc.
Campbell had the magic touch once upon a time in the land of Blair, but its deserted him on this one

Campbell's untruths and bullying over an illegal invasion cost hundreds of thousands of lives, culminated in the suicide of government scientist David Kelly and the resignation of BBC Director General Greg Dyke after a blatant whitewash of a government inquiry. Everything that comes out of his mouth is compromised in my view.

Campbell's untruths and bullying over an illegal invasion cost hundreds of thousands of lives, culminated in the suicide of government scientist David Kelly and the resignation of BBC Director General Greg Dyke after a blatant whitewash of a government inquiry. Everything that comes out of his mouth is compromised in my view.

I'm with you on this one!
I'm almost at the stage that if Campbell is 'for it'... I'm 'against it'. He got away with all sorts in his time and was at the top of his game, but as you say lots of people suffered because of some of his successes.