Jean-Clair Todibo | signs for West Ham on loan with option to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
makes me wonder though why other big clubs aren't showing interest in him? typically if United are heavily linked iwth a player one of the other bigger clubs will be as well

I saw a link to Newcastle a few days ago, but pretty sure it was some barcode rag using it as a reason to mock United. Don't think there was any substance behind the link, other than the author's wishful thinking

can't say i've ever seen the guy play for Nice however watching videos the kid looks like a cross between Rio and Smalling

I saw a link to Newcastle a few days ago, but pretty sure it was some barcode rag using it as a reason to mock United. Don't think there was any substance behind the link, other than the author's wishful thinking
Newcastle could probably use him given the CB's they have....however i suspect Jim being at Nice and part owner of United may be the main issue for why teams aren't linked with the kid

it seems like a double standard that the RB clubs can sell each other places at a discount, do these development loans, and they would block our move for Todibo. Maybe my understanding of the situation is too novice but from a window view it doesn't make sense.

It’s all a question of fair value.

I don’t have a problem with Etihad sponsoring City. The problem is their sponsorship deals have never represented market value. the books were cooked.

Likewise here, all that should matter with this transaction is we pay his market value. Something the RB clubs have completely gotten away for a decade

Newcastle could probably use him given the CB's they have....however i suspect Jim being at Nice and part owner of United may be the main issue for why teams aren't linked with the kid

Also reckon Newcastle would find it hard signing any Nice players right now, given the Ashworth situation...

West Ham have had a €35m bid turned down according to lequipe.

It won’t do us any favours in court if Nice are turning down the same money from other clubs that they were prepared to accept from us.

This is just one of them badly thought out rules.
Common sense suggests that if Nice accept an offer of lets say, 40m from West Ham, in what world should United not be able to match that.

Even if no other clubs were in for him, if fair market value was reached, which I know is always opinion based, then you shouldn't be able to stop a player choosing his preferred place of work.
Again, common sense should be used in situations like this.....Whereas, you have Kellyman moving to Chelsea for 19m, which is clearly way above market value, effectively committing a dubious transaction to cook some books, common sense should also determine a block on said deal

This is just one of them badly thought out rules.
Common sense suggests that if Nice accept an offer of lets say, 40m from West Ham, in what world should United not be able to match that.

Even if no other clubs were in for him, if fair market value was reached, which I know is always opinion based, then you shouldn't be able to stop a player choosing his preferred place of work.
Again, common sense should be used in situations like this.....Whereas, you have Kellyman moving to Chelsea for 19m, which is clearly way above market value, effectively committing a dubious transaction to cook some books, common sense should also determine a block on said deal
This is what I believe should happen to. If a club comes in with an official offer, then we should be able to match that.

a tall lanky mother fecker with big ears and big eyes

Like the BFG?

This is what I believe should happen to. If a club comes in with an official offer, then we should be able to match that.

You would think essentially preventing him from working for a specific club on the grounds he works for another linked club is new Bosman territory. Under employment law, which seems to supersede football rules if the Bosman ruling is anything to go by, surely they can’t prevent him from working for us?

You would think essentially preventing him from working for a specific club on the grounds he works for another linked club is new Bosman territory. Under employment law, which seems to supersede football rules if the Bosman ruling is anything to go by, surely they can’t prevent him from working for us?

Amazed the rule hasn’t been challenged. Seems quite illegal in terms of employment law. No idea how it’s justified. Not like he’s joining on loan and still owned by Nice.

Amazed the rule hasn’t been challenged. Seems quite illegal in terms of employment law. No idea how it’s justified. Not like he’s joining on loan and still owned by Nice.

More I think about it the more I am convinced it is a well intentioned but flawed attempt to control dubious financial and transfer activity between co-owned clubs. In theory stopping them shenanigans is sound, I wouldn’t want us doing anything dodgy with Nice, but the reality is if we pay fair market price for a permanent transfer then surely that is all above board

They're not blocking any transfers. They're simply saying that if the transfer happens, the clubs can't compete in the same competition.

This is bigger than todibo. It's essential Utd win this case as we want to place young south American talents at Nice.

Same as City have done with Savio and others.

I think UEFA will lose, there will be some EU employment law that UEFA are in breach of

With Todibo, West Ham for a season would be ideal, just make sure his agent puts in a Utd clause that allows us to buy him for the same price next summer. West Ham would surely accept because a) they're small time and should be grateful to have him for a season and b) they have form - Mascherano and Tevez.

I don't think we will sign Todibo if we sign De Ligt, still I hope we do argue our case as it seems complete bs that certain clubs are allowed to have deals while others are not. Seems we may have a chance to win as well. Even if we do not sign Todibo, this should help in the future.

They're not blocking any transfers. They're simply saying that if the transfer happens, the clubs can't compete in the same competition.
Just fecking buy him and drop out of Europa league. Would piss eufa off. They’d hate for such a big club in that competition to drop out

Who belong to the City group as well.

I know, same competition in Europe and all that, but it feels really hollow when everyone is abusing the same ownership system but we're the one club not allowed to

Of course we are allowed to. We can buy players from Lausanne and Nice, just like City can buy players from Troyes and Girona.

The only instance where deals have happened between clubs in a situation that is even remotely similar is Leipzig and Salzburg, because they have managed to convince UEFA that they are being managed completely independently. That is United and every single club in Europe minus two on one side, and those two on the other. Not United on one side and all other clubs on the other.

What’s at stake in this case is that there should be stricter rules against owning several football clubs, and that owning several football clubs in the same competition should obviously be a non starter.

The issue is not that Man United’s owners aren’t allowed to ignore these rules. It’s that the rules aren’t strict enough to make it a non starter, because the rules have allowed Red Bull and The Mansour family to criss cross their way far into the territory by speculative loopholes and double book keeping. It’s this that should be closed down, and Ratcliffe suing is not gonna help matters, unless it inspires UEFA and EU competition laws to tighten those holes.

What’s at stake in this case is that there should be stricter rules against owning several football clubs, and that owning several football clubs in the same competition should obviously be a non starter.

The issue is not that Man United’s owners aren’t allowed to ignore these rules. It’s that the rules aren’t strict enough to make it a non starter, because the rules have allowed Red Bull and The Mansour family to criss cross their way far into the territory by speculative loopholes and double book keeping. It’s this that should be closed down, and Ratcliffe suing is not gonna help matters, unless it inspires UEFA and EU competition laws to tighten those holes.

They've loosened the rules, if anything. I'm pretty sure Milan's owners didn't get a grace period, and neither did Villa's. We did.

It's a weird situation with West Ham bidding. Can they accept a bid from you of the same number they rejected from West Ham? I bet they can, I can't imagine there's a rule saying otherwise.

Tobido can always say "I'm not remotely interested in playing for West Ham", which is perfectly reasonable.

With Todibo, West Ham for a season would be ideal, just make sure his agent puts in a Utd clause that allows us to buy him for the same price next summer. West Ham would surely accept because a) they're small time and should be grateful to have him for a season and b) they have form - Mascherano and Tevez.

Would probably still breach the rule as it also refers to indirect transfers. Transferring to a 3rd party (West Ham) with an agreement to resell to us a year later probably wouldnt fly with Uefa at all.

It's a weird situation with West Ham bidding. Can they accept a bid from you of the same number they rejected from West Ham? I bet they can, I can't imagine there's a rule saying otherwise.

Tobido can always say "I'm not remotely interested in playing for West Ham", which is perfectly reasonable.

We can bid £1 more, Arsene Wegner style.

Status
Not open for further replies.