Jean-Clair Todibo | signs for West Ham on loan with option to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fab doubling down on the obligation to buy rather than option to buy

He’s banking on having a good season in the EPL and United getting UCL football next season.

He’s banking on having a good season in the EPL and United getting UCL football next season.

Can't join us before January 2026 if what is said here is accurate.
Everyone might just have moved on from that deal then. I'd expect he'd be about double the transfer worth he is now.

Last edited:

The ban ends after next summers window so we still couldn't sign him before January 2026 even if it is option rather than obligation to West Ham.

My guess is like a few other big signings in recent years he may have a release clause that would become active 2 seasons after signing. Gives some secruity to both player and club that way.

Just a guess though!

I've heard it is an obligation not an option as well, hence the sell on clause that has been inserted.

Maybe. I thought we agreed with UEFA not to sign players from Nice until 2025 but we can do then - but can’t remember exactly

I still think it’s extremely unfair when city have bought about 3 players from their feeder teams already this summer, but whatever I guess

City/Girona are under the exact same "transfer ban" as United/Nice.

City/Girona are under the exact same "transfer ban" as United/Nice.
What's the situation with the United/Nice one then. If United qualify for the CL next season and Nice don't, or vice versa, then we can do deals together again come June 2025?

Seems strange that Nice would want a loan with obligation to buy. Looks to me like INEOS are giving West Ham cash to buy AWB?

Any idea why city are allowed to sign players from their other sister clubs?

For the same reason all clubs are, same as why United are allowed to buy from Lausanne. No FIFA rules against it, and no need to enter into a voluntary agreement with UEFA to promise not to, because they're not competing in the same UEFA tournaments.

For the same reason all clubs are, same as why United are allowed to buy from Lausanne. No FIFA rules against it, and no need to enter into a voluntary agreement with UEFA to promise not to, because they're not competing in the same UEFA tournaments.
Nice one thanks

Nice one thanks

That last comment was worded horribly, so to clarify:

FIFA: practically no rules against transfers between clubs with shared ownership. Same competition or not doesn't matter. FIFA don't give a shit about the Todibo transfer.

UEFA: they have rules regulating how clubs with shared ownership have to act, but only if the clubs are in the same UEFA competition because that's the only thing they have authority over. It's not an actual transfer ban, nothing is stopping United and Nice from transferring players, but breaking the agreement would see United forfeit the EL spot and possibly face some other punishment on top of that.

Crazy Ineos have basically strengthened a rival. West Ham are not actually far off us now

Just wait until he starts performing like a drunk Lindelof and playing loose balls to opposition strikers for West Ham.

Nice should have sold him to Lausanne & we could have bought him from them…

Some owners are getting away with that (Textor probably because there's barely any European cups going on for them) but we would have been murdered for transparently trying to circumvent rules.

This really is annoying, he should be joining us. Feck Uefa.
It's a weird rules for sure. But it's not totally UEFA fault, we are just not as prepared as the crook City people who had planned much better than us in the Savio's case. Always a few steps ahead of whatever UEFA throws at them. They even sent UEFA tails between their legs back to their place for trying to ban them 2 years in Europe competition.

The interesting part was that the important evidences were time barred because City refused to cooperate in the first place :mad:

Be interesting to see how he does. Loads of people on here wanted him until it seemed we were interested and then he wasn’t good enough, then he wasn’t coming and suddenly he was a huge loss.

After so many tweets from Fabrizio saying he "only wanted Juventus" and just one day to another West Ham hijacked the deal.

I mean it was clear Juventus didn't want or couldn't pay the fee Nice wanted but I found laughable when journalist say a certain player only wants certain team. They're profesional players not fans, they won't reduce their whole options to just one and we see this too often. Same was with Yoro who "only wanted Madrid" and the same is being claimed for de Ligt who "only wants Manchester United" bunch of nonsense.

Be interesting to see how he does. Loads of people on here wanted him until it seemed we were interested and then he wasn’t good enough, then he wasn’t coming and suddenly he was a huge loss.
Huh? I’m pretty sure most people wanted him we just couldn’t get him.

Given the last decade, it's fitting that our first attempt at benefitting from multi club ownership ends up with us not only being denied signing the player, but him joining instead a club whose been a direct league rival for two of the last three seasons. :(

After so many tweets from Fabrizio saying he "only wanted Juventus" and just one day to another West Ham hijacked the deal.

I mean it was clear Juventus didn't want or couldn't pay the fee Nice wanted but I found laughable when journalist say a certain player only wants certain team. They're profesional players not fans, they won't reduce their whole options to just one and we see this too often. Same was with Yoro who "only wanted Madrid" and the same is being claimed for de Ligt who "only wants Manchester United" bunch of nonsense.
Romano gets caught out sometimes with his little extras he tries to add to make it looks like he knows.

Great signing for the Hammers. They are really building a strong squad.

He only wanted the fattest pay packet available!

How bad is Italian football club finances when Juventus are getting gazumped by West Ham?

I mean it's not exactly new. Italian football never recovered from that whole Parmalat crash in my opinion. Mid-table English clubs carrying more financial power than every continental club save for half a dozen is more or less the norm since early 00s.

And I might be wrong on this but Juve went from looking healthy a few years ago to being in a little bit of a financial disarray lately.

How bad is Italian football club finances when Juventus are getting gazumped by West Ham?
In 2023 Southampton made the least money from tv with 103m, milan were the highest in Italy with 68.6m. Pl teams are swimming in money. Also consider pl stadium ticket prices are generally higher than around Europe.

Can't join us before January 2026 if what is said here is accurate.
Everyone might just have moved on from that deal then. I'd expect he'd be about double the transfer worth he is now.
His agent would be very stupid if they didn't have a reasonable release clause in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.