Jarrad Branthwaite

Please get this guy over that Dutch fraud De Ligt. Need someone who plays for the shirt and not someone just there to collect a weekly wage of over £200k a week

Which is kinda my point. Most clubs are going to be trying to get more for their money
Most clubs have stopped spending big generally, nearly all big spends have been flops, better to buy many cheaper ones. I hope we do the same.

Please get this guy over that Dutch fraud De Ligt. Need someone who plays for the shirt and not someone just there to collect a weekly wage of over £200k a week

What makes De Ligt a fraud then

The fraud who’s made over 300 professional appearances, won the league and cup in three countries and has 45 international caps at the age of 24?

I doubt we bid again. We hoped that we might get a PSR discount with Everton needing to sell before June 30 which is fair enough but clearly with a couple of sales made Everton no longer need to sell. We won’t meet the 70M valuation so this is as dead as a Norwegian Blue.

The fraud who’s made over 300 professional appearances, won the league and cup in three countries and has 45 international caps at the age of 24?

I'm not saying he's a bad player but playing games and winning in teams that should be winning their domestic leagues and cups anyway isn't the barometer to judge him against.

He hasn't lived up to what everyone thought he would become, he's somewhat error prone and the high fee/wages conundrum.

Wouldn't be furious if we signed him but I just think there must be better options out there

I doubt we bid again. We hoped that we might get a PSR discount with Everton needing to sell before June 30 which is fair enough but clearly with a couple of sales made Everton no longer need to sell. We won’t meet the 70M valuation so this is as dead as a Norwegian Blue.

So you don't think we have a backup target for him seeing as Ornstein said De Ligt interest was independent of this

I'm not saying he's a bad player but playing games and winning in teams that should be winning their domestic leagues and cups anyway isn't the barometer to judge him against.

He hasn't lived up to what everyone thought he would become, he's somewhat error prone and the high fee/wages conundrum.

Wouldn't be furious if we signed him but I just think there must be better options out there

True, but he’s also featured in teams of the season in the Bundesliga, Eredivisie twice, the Europa league and the champions league so it’s not like he hasn’t impressed in his career.

That doesn't make him a fraud whatsoever

Agreed. By that logic we have enough frauds already at the club. I personally think De Ligt would be a great signing and if we can do a deal for a reasonable fee I’ll be delighted.

Who is this faster CB we simply have to sign?
Chaloboah is reportedly available for 25m. We've apparently got solicitors in for pushing Todibo but completely unsure on how successful that would be. Yorro is probably off to Real, but there's a couple young Portugese CBs who aren't exactly slow either.

Agreed. By that logic we have enough frauds already at the club. I personally think De Ligt would be a great signing and if we can do a deal for a reasonable fee I’ll be delighted.

What would you define reasonable?

Chaloboah is reportedly available for 25m. We've apparently got solicitors in for pushing Todibo but completely unsure on how successful that would be. Yorro is probably off to Real, but there's a couple young Portugese CBs who aren't exactly slow either.

Silva didn't cover himself in glory on Wednesday but Martinez/Inacio could work with De Ligt

Silva didn't cover himself in glory on Wednesday but Martinez/Inacio could work with De Ligt
I'm fine with mistakes in one off games. Branthwaite has had a few big mistakes of his own, and he's got some aspects of his own flaws to build on. But he's valued at almost double the players I named which is hilarious. I'd rather buy Guehi than Branthwaite and I'm sure he'd be given a cheaper valuation than £70m.

I'm fine with mistakes in one off games. Branthwaite has had a few big mistakes of his own, and he's got some aspects of his own flaws to build on. But he's valued at almost double the players I named which is hilarious. I'd rather buy Guehi than Branthwaite and I'm sure he'd be given a cheaper valuation than £70m.

Can see it being similar valuation after this world cup

He doesn't mind staying at Everton but would prefer to join United - that makes perfect sense and both sets of reports are correct.

Exactly.

He's not dim enough to start making comments about wanting to leave as he'll know how rabid their fanbase can turn.

So you don't think we have a backup target for him seeing as Ornstein said De Ligt interest was independent of this

No I specifically believe we have other targets and will not meet the valuation for Branthwaite. We hoped we could get him at a discount due to PSR but it seems Everton have resolved their issues with other sales. They won’t drop their price and we won’t meet it so we will move to the next name on the list. No harm in letting the financial year play out to see if Everton became desperate but as of Sunday night that scenario is off the table.

No I specifically believe we have other targets and will not meet the valuation for Branthwaite. We hoped we could get him at a discount due to PSR but it seems Everton have resolved their issues with other sales. They won’t drop their price and we won’t meet it so we will move to the next name on the list. No harm in letting the financial year play out to see if Everton became desperate but as of Sunday night that scenario is off the table.

So you think we are looking for alternative to Branthwaite due to price and De Ligt too?

So you think we are looking for alternative to Branthwaite due to price and De Ligt too?

I think we are looking at signing two players at the position. We have lost Varane and there is no certainty that Evans will extend nor should we be relying on him. With Lindelof and Maguire entering the last year of their deals it is also probable that at least one of them will be sold.

So now this is over, isn't it? June 30 was the PSR deadline, wasn't it?

So now this is over, isn't it? June 30 was the PSR deadline, wasn't it?
I think we do need another CB and if we did manage to get de Ligt, then there's a number of very interesting options we can target. I mentioned Riccardo Calafiori back in March but it seems he's probably going to join Juve or even Chelsea, who are linked to him.

I think we do need another CB and if we did manage to get de Ligt, then there's a number of very interesting options we can target. I mentioned Riccardo Calafiori back in March but it seems he's probably going to join Juve or even Chelsea, who are linked to him.

I'm not sure who we could realistically target after Branthwaite, I felt like he could've done the LCB/LB role as well, as well as RCB, so playtime and compatibility with Martínez wouldn't have been an issue.

I don't see anyone hijacking the Calafiori deal, unless maybe Madrid suddenly want him.

I'm not sure who we could realistically target after Branthwaite, I felt like he could've done the LCB/LB role as well, as well as RCB, so playtime and compatibility with Martínez wouldn't have been an issue.

I don't see anyone hijacking the Calafiori deal, unless maybe Madrid suddenly want him.
Castello Lukeba from Leipzig could be a option but like Branthwaite the issue will likely be the transfer fee. And apart from Calafiori, Bologna also have the Colombian Jhon Lucumi who looks comfortable playing on the left and is good on the ball.

Castello Lukeba from Leipzig could be a option but like Branthwaite the issue will likely be the transfer fee. And apart from Calafiori, Bologna also have the Colombian Jhon Lucumi who looks comfortable playing on the left and is good on the ball.

Haven't seen much from them, especially the Colombian guy, but I'm aware of the names. Will be interesting to see if we go for a left-footer or not, if we get de Ligt first.

De Ligt looks to be accelerating and Everton look to have sold other players.

Next season, perhaps. If we are still in the market for another CB.

Here you have the options:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/potential-centre-back-signings.473885/post-32095864

There are plenty affordable LCBs who can also play emergency LB (although I want us to sign someone like Gutierrez too)