Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Who is this guy! Is he reliable? It popped up on my Twitter just now
An ITK account that wants to get followers. Some United fans will hold onto anything related to Sancho.

Nothing with Sancho is sure until the clubs announce anything.

At the moment, it looks like we are walking away from the deal, like Perisic, Thiago, Griezman, Bruno (summer)

WPMUFC

So absolutely no clue if we are in for Sancho, and Henderson challenging De Gea is a new signing?

Jesus fecking christ. That is the worst transfer tweet of the window..

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Who is this guy! Is he reliable? It popped up on my Twitter just now
ITK bullshitter

... oh wait, he called Torres before Fabrizio? And Maddison's new contract? And Willian to Arsenal? And Conte leaving Inter? :eek:

Nope, still a bullshitter (and the account has been deleted :lol: )

red thru&thru

ITK bullshitter

... oh wait, he called Torres before Fabrizio? And Maddison's new contract? And Willian to Arsenal? And Conte leaving Inter? :eek:

Nope, still a bullshitter (and the account has been deleted :lol: )
What it say? The tweet doesn't load for me.

GoldanoGraham

too much panic here.........

It's in Utd's and Dortmund's interest to keep this under wraps until everyone has their ducks in a row.....ie both clubs may also be trying to line up additional transfers and the fact that one club has spent a fortune (therefore the price goes up for any other players they (us) want to buy) and the other is awash with cash and their price goes up as well.....

if this was dead in the water then there would have been nuclear fallout by now......Dortmund would have been arrogantly bleeting about us to the press and we would have been making all sorts of excuses....as it stands it's all very quiet.....must be for a reason.....

these strange times mean that it's more a marathon than a sprint this transfer window (unless your Chelsea who seems to be sprinting the whole time)......not too many transfers anywhere yet.....lots of clubs looking to offload players to reduce wages - not many takers yet.....problem is that players on big wages don't want a pay cut....

AneRu

This is pretty much the only thing that's keeping me thinking we are still determined to work on this one.

If we had no intention of signing the player then the club would want to shut down the huge fan expectations of such a move rumbling on in the press, especially when other clubs are making moves for big name players. It's just setting yourself up for a fall, from the clubs perspective, to allow this to rumble on. imo.
I think the Glazers would very much like to turn this window into some sort of a 'Sancho or bust' window whilst at the same time low balling Dortmund and later claim that there wasn't time to pursue alternatives then deliver a window with no significant investment. This is why they aren't briefing that we have pulled out and why there is no movement either way - the rumor mill will keep the story running making it look like Woodward and Co are working on something then before we know it the season starts and we haven't made any signings. With fans barred from stadiums the backlash won't be damaging.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I'm more interested in Dortmund's transfer activity at this point.

Once we hear that there is a deal for a winger from them (if there actually is one), then we are more likely to see some movement. No guarantee they will sign one, but you would assume they would want his replacement in first before signing off?

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
I'm more interested in Dortmund's transfer activity at this point.

Once we hear that there is a deal for a winger from them (if there actually is one), then we are more likely to see some movement. No guarantee they will sign one, but you would assume they would want his replacement in first before signing off?
That was the sense of the deadline in the first place. We had to have a pre-season with the team which will be there for the season. So the deadline was tight, cause we would have signed someone new and try that he joins the pre-season camp in Bad Ragaz, even when it would have been late. But after the deadline of 10. August the team is ready and complete. Exception: The loan from Madrid joined a bit late, but he is no option for the first 11 from the season start, he will have to adapt, get knowing the team and the football first.

Matriac

That was the sense of the deadline in the first place. We had to have a pre-season with the team which will be there for the season. So the deadline was tight, cause we would have signed someone new and try that he joins the pre-season camp in Bad Ragaz, even when it would have been late. But after the deadline of 10. August the team is ready and complete. Exception: The loan from Madrid joined a bit late, but he is no option for the first 11 from the season start, he will have to adapt, get knowing the team and the football first.
Sancho is coming to us mate, don't be so deluded.

TsuWave

What it say? The tweet doesn't load for me.
I think it was a tweet from account named “PremierleagueITK4” and it was something along the lines of “United finally made official approach of £83M+20M yesterday, which will be accepted by Dortmund”

something like that

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Sancho is coming to us mate, don't be so deluded.
Get a twitter account and post it there. You can make a lot of followers and money with this fact-driven, totaly evidence based insider informations. You will get heared, believe me.

WPMUFC

Chelsea just negotiated a 100mil deal for Havertz and a 50mil deal for Chilwell simultaneously and we've.............whinged to our mouthpiece journo's that BVB are annoying because they are using a third party to negotiate a deal? :lol: :lol:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I can't help but laugh at those that are clinging to this for the simple reason that there's been no brief, or that Dortmund haven't made a big deal out of it. I doubt we'd make a big deal out of the fact that we couldn't afford somebody, especially our no.1 target for 2 years. That will get the supporters really riled and bring a lot of heat their way. We briefed about Dybala but completely destroyed his image with the fans by making him look greedy. We won't do that with Sancho out of sheer hope that we might be able to get him in the future.

Also, Dortmund don't have to say anything. Why would they?

WPMUFC

I can't help but laugh at those that are clinging to this for the simple reason that there's been no brief, or that Dortmund haven't made a big deal out of it. I doubt we'd make a big deal out of the fact that we couldn't afford somebody, especially our no.1 target for 2 years. That will get the supporters really riled and bring a lot of heat their way. We briefed about Dybala but completely destroyed his image with the fans by making him look greedy. We won't do that with Sancho out of sheer hope that we might be able to get him in the future.

Also, Dortmund don't have to say anything. Why would they?
they don't have to brief about moving on from sancho. However, if we did move on a couple of weeks back, where is all the other noise about other players? It's absolute radio silence.

Matriac

Get a twitter account and post it there. You can make a lot of followers and money with this fact-driven, totaly evidence based insider informations. You will get heared, believe me.
I like that you edited and changed your entire post after first posting the reply (He said "maybe in 2021").

Nerves getting to you mate? I know it can't be easy to deal with the fact that one of your star players would much rather play for us.
Jadon will be in Manchester before this window closes.

red thru&thru

I think it was a tweet from account named “PremierleagueITK4” and it was something along the lines of “United finally made official approach of £83M+20M yesterday, which will be accepted by Dortmund”

something like that
Ah ok, thanks.

Yea, seen somewhere that the obstacles with intermediaries sorted and an official bid will be made etc

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Totally agree and makes sense. I think they would still agree to the sale if we met their valuation, but considering this seems to be the roadblock, I doubt this deal will materialise this year anyway.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
It kind of is. Barcelona are royally screwed as a business because their previous investments and wages on players like Dembele and Couthino have not delivered the expected financial returns.

Whether you like it or not, football clubs are run as businesses. And it’s virtually impossible right now to project future expected income over next 3-24 months. Spending £100m on one player on that context needs to be considered 100 times before going ahead.

Sancho investment would require the club to deliver a certain amount of incremental revenue through prize money and sponsorships for it to pay off. If clubs fails to deliver those, because of a Covid-19 reduced football economy, the club would face serious cash flow issues and perhaps even go bankrupt.

from what I understand about the clubs income and balance sheet, I wouldn’t go ahead with it: Advertising industry and Big company marketing spend is down 40% since COVID-19: What if the bottom falls out of the sponsorship market or sky TV ad revenue during football games? What if fans get fed up watching crowdless and atmosphere less football on TV? What if they don’t let fans back in stadium until a vaccine is consumed by every person? What if takes 18 months to get upto full stadium capacity? Many more risk scenarios. How the heck do you plan your finances with so much uncertainty?

MUFC were burning £25m per month with no income during lockdown. I repeat it’s over £100m!!!! A record British transfer!!! which Club could alternatively bank for now and use to pay staff and keep the lights on in case any of those scenarios play out.
Ok, but how does Chelsea spend 100m on Havertz plus 50m for Chilwell under the same Covid circumstances under the same risk scenarios

K_Ash

with Kai havertz deal done 80+..+.. If Man Utd and BD were really talking deals then the same payment structure would have been in place . Instead of those " 108M in one shot or no go" .
All this has been made up/exaggerated from the beginning. OGS has had other plans i.e. building around Bruno and Paul. It just makes much more sense. You just cant have Paul and Bruno having to play that deep. Bruno was playing in Central Midfield with Paul positioned as a 6. Paul has to be in 8 while Bruno has to be in the 10; this cannot happen with 3 man upfront(Rashford-Martial-Sancho(Greenwood). With that in mind, buying Grealish makes more sense than Sancho

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ok, but how does Chelsea spend 100m on Havertz plus 50m for Chilwell under the same Covid circumstances under the same risk scenarios
Because Chelsea are not solely dependent on revenue from commercial sources, their owner will underwrite their debt, and should they fall into financial difficulty, I assume he'll bail them out of his own pocket.

Im not excusing or supporting the Glazers here, just merely outlining the commercial reality we are in.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Because Chelsea are not solely dependent on revenue from commercial sources, their owner will underwrite their debt, and should they fall into financial difficulty, I assume he'll bail them out of his own pocket.

Im not excusing or supporting the Glazers here, just merely outlining the commercial reality we are in.
This is an owner who spends 400m on a yacht

RyRy11

Chelsea just negotiated a 100mil deal for Havertz and a 50mil deal for Chilwell simultaneously and we've.............whinged to our mouthpiece journo's that BVB are annoying because they are using a third party to negotiate a deal? :lol: :lol:
Chelsea have the best negotiators in the league

Pavl3n

""

Mourinho exposed Ed and their lack of standing by their promises. I think Ole has been very diplomatic when answering to transfer questions, but I've seen a slight change in the mood.
I won't be surprised if he subtly jibes Ed when asked about transfers next time around (I'm sure there'll be feck all done when Ole has his first presser for the new season).

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
I like that you edited and changed your entire post after first posting the reply (He said "maybe in 2021").

Nerves getting to you mate? I know it can't be easy to deal with the fact that one of your star players would much rather play for us.
Jadon will be in Manchester before this window closes.
No, i just decided that i don't want to upset you with the suggestion that it could be that he joines Utd in summer 2021, but that it also could be that he joines Real Madrid. Or, Liverpool. I can tell you that there are strong ties from Dortmund to Klopp, in this case iam a real ITK (Nr. 666), not so big like the other hundred of pure genuises out there, cause i don't got a twitter account yet, but stil..

RedDevil83

So Chelsea were apparently interested in Sancho a while back, surely with them spending this much on Havertz they could of just spent the money on Sancho instead, so maybe there is rumblings in the football world that the move to us is still on. Maybe Chelsea enquired about Sancho but was told he was waiting for a move to us? I know the rumour was a few months back that they felt he was United bound but with all this messing around we are doing, surely Chelsea would look at it n think they could nip in ahead of us now?

Just a thought....Happy Sancho Day, yay!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Did people just forget the bit where they are an oil rich club who sold a £120m+ player before a two window transfer ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.