Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: missing - responds to “Sanch” or promises of FUT packs)

In fairness, performing as an away player at Anfield should hardly be used as the benchmark.

It was when Sancho didn't look any sort of game changer against anyone at home, our tier or not.

In fairness, performing as an away player at Anfield should hardly be used as the benchmark.

It was when Sancho didn't look any sort of game changer against anyone at home, our tier or not.
The thing is performances like today has been quite common with him. If he was still at United, media and rival fans would be mocking him. He should do a decent job at a club like Milan where pressure is not this much and he can live on one good performance from five games.

Was definitely poor overall but thought it was a mistake to use Gusto as his partner out wide on the left. They had no chemistry whatsoever; it badly hampered us attacking down that side.

Also if the Jones contact was a penalty I don't properly understand why Trent taking out Sancho's standing leg wasn't?

The thing is performances like today has been quite common with him. If he was still at United, media and rival fans would be mocking him. He should do a decent job at a club like Milan where pressure is not this much and he can live on one good performance from five games.

Yep, he's a luxury.

Was definitely poor overall but thought it was a mistake to use Gusto as his partner out wide on the left. They had no chemistry whatsoever; it badly hampered us attacking down that side.

Also if the Jones contact was a penalty I don't properly understand why Trent taking out Sancho's standing leg wasn't?

Veiga isn’t much better in terms of supporting him, making over/under lapping runs etc. Cucurella is brilliant at it. But yeah, this was a shite game from Sancho and deservedly hooked at HT. I actually with the way we constantly managed to get him 1v1 vs Trent, Mudryk would have been a nice option off the bench.

Veiga isn’t much better in terms of supporting him, making over/under lapping runs etc. Cucurella is brilliant at it. But yeah, this was a shite game from Sancho and deservedly hooked at HT. I actually with the way we constantly managed to get him 1v1 vs Trent, Mudryk would have been a nice option off the bench.
Oh I agree. I don't have an issue with playing Gusto at left back, I just would have used Mudryk or Neto on the left instead of Sancho since both are more comfortable staying wide while Gusto occupied the left half space

His skillset in possession is more akin to a midfielder, but he'll never contribute enough to play there.

All wingers benefit from an overlapping fullback but his skillset is basically just slowing it down and trying to slip someone in. He's a winger that looks like he's being played out of position on the wing.

Terrible, terrible player

Scared to run direct at defenders and just jockeys the ball constantly

When he gets that burst of confidence he can play well for 2 games before he’s back to his usual shit self.

Best 25m this club will get. Getting his 300K a week wage off the books is a miracle.

The biggest red flag for me was when Dortmund didn't even bother to make any bid for him. Not even one rumor of him going back to Dortmund. Some media outlet always said he had decent second time with Dortmund, well that was a lie. He was the same sancho with odd decent games which were overhyped.

Neto showed him up when he came on, much more direct running threat. As others have said, he’s not a winger, more an attacking midfielder’s skillset

Neto showed him up when he came on, much more direct running threat. As others have said, he’s not a winger, more an attacking midfielder’s skillset

Vs Bournemouth it was opposite. Neto was terrible, hooked at HT and Sancho came on and made a big difference. That LW spot is up for grabs. I don’t think either of them are clear of Mudryk either .

Vs Bournemouth it was opposite. Neto was terrible, hooked at HT and Sancho came on and made a big difference. That LW spot is up for grabs. I don’t think either of them are clear of Mudryk either .
I obviously don’t watch as much Chelsea as you, it seems inconceivable that he could change a game. Who do you think should start?

I obviously don’t watch as much Chelsea as you, it seems inconceivable that he could change a game. Who do you think should start?
Depends entirely on the opposition and how we are set up. If Sancho is on the wing with runners around him and/or when we have consistent possession around the opposition penalty area he's genuinely dangerous and the best option. If our left winger is going to be more isolated in a stretched game he's not ideal.

Sancho's too oned paced to be a top level player in the Premier League. He doesn't have the capacity to move up the gears and it makes him look languid.

He simply does not possess the pace or strength to ever be a top player in the Premier League. He can be neat and tidy, and he's decent in the box. But you're never going to see anything more out of him. Most decent full-backs will dominate him.

Hmm, thread not bumped after a truly diabolical half, where hes been hooked off. Timid and dreadful.

I suppose people only race to post here when he shins an assist.
Im seeing some Chelsea fans online beginning to see what we’ve seen for a few years. His “assists” has just blurred their vision recently. Today was par Sancho.

He’s so shit. Can’t believe Chelsea made it an obligation to buy. Waste of space.
That has to genuinely be Ineos’ best bit of business so far at Utd. The fact they were able to get a club to agree to an obligation to buy Sancho. It really is genius. I honestly thought we were doomed for the remainder of his contract.

Depends on the opposition. I think the LW is up for grabs. I wouldn’t even put is past Mudryk to stake his claim given another chance in a PL game. Sancho might be the solution in same games but Neto or Mudryk might be in other games. None of them how shown they can be undisputed starters for us yet.