Jack Grealish | Man City

Maybe it will turn him into a decent player, instead of just a foul drawing merchant.

I often forget he's even there to be honest.

I often forget he's even there to be honest.

Same. He's not made much of a note has he? When I think of City I still think of KDB, Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling. It barely registers in my head that Graelish is there as well.

So, at what point will City look to move him on? Does he get another season once he is back from injury?

If he is not monopolizing the ball does he offer enough else in his game to hold down a place in a top team?

Just imagine if United had signed him for £80m and he played like he does now. Would be talked about week after week.

We might be shit, but at least our big money signing seems to be improving. Can't say the same for City and Chelsea.

You have to wonder if he’s a bit like Rooney was and has a low-key drinking problem. All through his career he’s been caught getting totally wasted. Drink driving is a red flag for this type of stuff too.

This is from a week ago.

Remember the fawning on here during the summer? Jeez.

He was the media darling and a lot of people got caught up in that. Even to the point where people were making him out to be the best player in the national team. It was a joke.

I said it at the time city signed him, he is a good player but not even in market inflation was he worth £100 mil to anyone except Aston Villa. He isn’t close to De Bruyne ability wise and he isn’t great out wide. So they spent that money for a squad player which is crazy.

Thanks god we had City fan telling us here that he was better than Bernardo Silva, we might have been mistaken otherwise.

I actually forgot that Grealish is a City player. He never seemed the right type of player for a Pep side.

It’s a weird situation that’s taken place with Grealish and Sancho the past summer, as Grealish seems more suited to a Utd play style as it was then and Sancho was more more suited to Citys. I was not disappointed by any means that we went for Sancho over Grealish then and that hasn’t changed half way through the season.

Grealish at City gives off shades of Berbatov at Utd, where an obviously talented player is added to a team that really doesn’t need him and possibly even doesn’t fit their established style. He plays just fine with a stand out good performance once in a while, but never improves or evolves as a player and doesn’t end up being a critical part of the team.

As much as I love Sancho, it definitely feels like Sancho fits more the Guardiola Man City style and Grealish would probably suit United better.

Saying that I think Sancho will still be a great player here but just talking stylistically.

They bought him to try buy relevance. He was the golden boy last summer and it was an unnecessary signing by a club desperate to make them attractive or even interesting to neutrals. No surprise he isn't thriving in Roboball

It’s a weird situation that’s taken place with Grealish and Sancho the past summer, as Grealish seems more suited to a Utd play style as it was then and Sancho was more more suited to Citys. I was not disappointed by any means that we went for Sancho over Grealish then and that hasn’t changed half way through the season.

Grealish at City gives off shades of Berbatov at Utd, where an obviously talented player is added to a team that really doesn’t need him and possibly even doesn’t fit their established style. He plays just fine with a stand out good performance once in a while, but never improves or evolves as a player and doesn’t end up being a critical part of the team.

That's a weird comparison, why isn't Sancho suited for United? Grealish might have been a good choice for United as he has qualities that are missing in the team but there's absolutely nothing that makes Sancho a bad fit on paper.

Wrong move for him on a personal level, will win trophies at city but that won’t be because of him. Luxury signing from them In all honesty. Would of loved to see what he could of done in this villa side with the signings they made. Grealish in the middle with courtinho/bailey on the left and buendia on the right. I think they’d be further up the league table with him.

Wrong move for him on a personal level, will win trophies at city but that won’t be because of him. Luxury signing from them In all honesty. Would of loved to see what he could of done in this villa side with the signings they made. Grealish in the middle with courtinho/bailey on the left and buendia on the right. I think they’d be further up the league table with him.
Villa probably don't go all in on these signings without their 100M jackpot. Not sure what to think about Ings either...
Grealish would need City to get rid of 1 or 2 midfielders to get going but why would they.

Villa probably don't go all in on these signings without their 100M jackpot. Not sure what to think about Ings either...
Grealish would need City to get rid of 1 or 2 midfielders to get going but why would they.

probably not but they would of strengthened. Courtinho was a Gerrard marquee signing, so i think that happens and one of buendia/Bailey. Ings on paper was a good signing but he just hasn’t done it in a villa shirt. Watkins still isn’t good enough. In the summer I reckon they go for a striker and a DM and they have a very good team.

Gerrard so far is questionable. Early days but looks out of his depth and has a good enough squad that there’s not really excuses.