Jack Grealish | Man City

Pretty sure that I read it in The Athletic but admittedly I can't find it in the article I just read. I think the idea would be that they agreed a different payment structure to smooth FFP.

Yeah but we also agreed different payment structure for Lukaku but we don't use 10 million for this year when we could transfer money made in this year.

He was sold in last August and accounting period ends in July. Year before (2019-20 FY) they mentioned Sane money will be accounted for next season, which is 2020-21 season, they couldn't do it for 2019-20 accounts as the transfer happened in Aug. City mentioned that in their financial statement.

Whatever happens from this year July will be accounted in 2021-22 season. So Grealish and Sane transfer was in 2 different season and also 2 different FY.

Yeah but we also agreed different payment structure for Lukaku but we don't use 10 million for this year when we could transfer money made in this year.

He was sold in last August and accounting period ends in July. Year before they mentioned Sane money will be accounted for next season, which is 2020-21 season, they couldn't do it for 2019-20 accounts as the transfer happened in Aug. City mentioned that in their financial statement.

Fair enough.

The way you phrase it. Extrapolating your own feelings and projecting them onto fans as a whole.

Example:

How can you say with certainty what a disparate group of people were all feeling?

You don’t need to have a poll amongst the England fans to know their feeling, hearing the England supporter chanting for Grealish to get on the field was a bit of a clue as to how they felt.
It’s plain from your post that it must be a surprise to you but it’s one of those football supporter things, they chant stuff to let you know how they feel and the more chanting they do the more they feel it, you’ll notice it when you go to your first game.

You don’t need to have a poll amongst the England fans to know their feeling, hearing the England supporter chanting for Grealish to get on the field was a bit of a clue as to how they felt.
It’s plain from your post that it must be a surprise to you but it’s one of those football supporter things, they chant stuff to let you know how they feel and the more chanting they do the more they feel it, you’ll notice it when you go to your first game.
feck off pal. I probably went to my first game before you were born!

feck off pal. I probably went to my first game before you were born!

I kinda doubt it but, regardless of your age, I stated the obvious because you couldn’t see it and you then acted like a juvenile by getting stroppy and there was no need for it.

I you’ve been going to games for longer than I have (my first game in 1966) then it’s sad that you’ve learnt nothing from it as you still don’t understand that a crowd makes it’s opinions clear by the noises it makes.
An England crowd chanting for Grealish demonstrates a demand for Grealish from the English support and that’s obvious.

The phrase that “there’s no fool like an old fool” springs to mind ;-)

Why would they prefer not to sell to City?

I kinda doubt it but, regardless of your age, I stated the obvious because you couldn’t see it and you then acted like a juvenile by getting stroppy and there was no need for it.

I you’ve been going to games for longer than I have (my first game in 1966) then it’s sad that you’ve learnt nothing from it as you still don’t understand that a crowd makes it’s opinions clear by the noises it makes.
An England crowd chanting for Grealish demonstrates a demand for Grealish from the English support and that’s obvious.

The phrase that “there’s no fool like an old fool” springs to mind ;-)
You are clearly aware you were being patronising with your snide comment and I'd have hoped that, given your age and experience, you'd have known better, as it makes you come across very poorly.

They've gone all Real Madrid/Barcelona.

It's fecking cringe how much they're trying to emulate Barca,

They can barely get people to attend Etihad for match days never mind to see Jack Grealish do a few keepy uppies in the pissing down rain on a Monday night. I am sure at least 10 people will show up though.

Feel a bit sorry for the poor bugger out of shot crouching at Grealish's feet propping up that fluorescent tube.

It's fecking cringe how much they're trying to emulate Barca,

They can barely get people to attend Etihad for match days never mind to see Jack Grealish do a few keepy uppies in the pissing down rain on a Monday night. I am sure at least 10 people will show up though.

I'm sure they've got a few hundred employees they will force to show up for the photos.

Yeah, Aston Villa would rather take Lingard and 60m than City's 100mil. :lol:
I don't know about the club, but as a fan I would absolutely take 75m + Lingard over City's 100m. In fact, I would like to sign him now even after receiving the 100m.

I don't know about the club, but as a fan I would absolutely take 75m + Lingard over City's 100m. In fact, I would like to sign him now even after receiving the 100m.

Lingard is a decent player, I agree, but nowhere near 40m. I am pretty sure United would let him go easily for 25m.

Pretty embarassing doing a presentation. This isn't Madrid/Barca.

Hope it fails miserably, and not just to laugh at City. Don't want this kind of thing taking off over here.

Grealish apparently cried like Messi when he left Villa for City, much like some of our own supporters.

Be interesting to see if he kicks on at city or he's reached his max potential. Could end up being a very good signing for city. You dont have to be the player scoring the goals or providing the assists to be good. You can be that player providing the ball before the assist that goes unregistered. David Silva was good at that and if Jack get get to Silva level of performances for city then he will be money well spent. Still rather he was a utd player.

You are clearly aware you were being patronising with your snide comment and I'd have hoped that, given your age and experience, you'd have known better, as it makes you come across very poorly.

I wasn’t ‘t being patronising, I was just pointing out that you were wrong . . and I wasn’t being snide either . . but you got in a silly strop about it and now you come back throwing slurs at me.

If you think that I’m wrong about crowds conveying their feelings in their chants then set out why you think I’m wrong.
Exchanges of views are what forums are all about and civilised posters respect it, so don’t have a pop at me because I put forward a corrective opinion that you can’t argue against, because that’s well out of order.

I’ve come to win trophies and play for the best manager in the world’ speech where he forgot to mention the small matter of £300k pw (official) salary. The PR consultants at the Emptyhad trying their best to be liked by the general public. It will never happen. Small club with lots of money, dodgy dealings, a manager that had two drug convictions as a player, guilty as feck breaking FFP rules, players that take the knee for the left wing BLM movement but ignore human rights abuses in Abu Dhabi. Hope he’s happy.

Wow they really are trying to push this aren’t they. Saw his popularity and cashed in on him. Creating hype on another level.

just so desperate and cringe.

He doesn't look very happy. It's clear he wanted to join United, how we failed to make an attempt to sign him is a great mystery and it's very frustrating to me.
Give it a rest, it's getting tiresome now

Too much salt in this thread, bunch of bittered fecks looking to easy their pain, From him not coming here with ridiculous abuse, get a grip we can't sign everybody at once, we've only signed Sancho not long ago and most of you call him a generational talent, i don't understand why you Lot want to die on a player who seems to be enjoying his Life.