Is Mainoo the real deal?

Is Kobbie Mainoo the real deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Struggling to get into the game. And that’s okay, it happens.

Like that he doesn’t look fazed regardless, still playing his game his way.
Most of the team has struggled to get into the game. Rice has been utterly useless not just tonight but for most of the tournament.

Every time I watch him play, I feel he is extremely overrated on Redcafe. Yes, his turning and dribbling is world class already, but I feel like all other aspects of his game are average or worse
The fanbase is very tense due to the year long issues. Many are desperate for anything remotely close to being worldclass, players, talents, form whatever. This will always lead to polarization. I agree, Mainoo, as good as he is, is cooked a little too hot around here. Which is a bit of a shame, he is fantastic for what he is, there is no need to go overboard (in my view)

Every time I watch him play, I feel he is extremely overrated on Redcafe. Yes, his turning and dribbling is world class already, but I feel like all other aspects of his game are average or worse
I don't think anyone thinks he's the finished article. But for just 19 he's brilliant, he obviously needs to keep progressing if he is to turn out to be a top midfielder in world football. But for 19, he's a brilliant prospect and already a good midfielder.

Not very good today but take it on the chin and move on. Really needs to improve his passing game.

Yeah, no. Apart from a couple of defenders, a few were poor/worst than Mainoo.
Who? I thought he was England's worst player, as much as I love him. Had no impact on the ball or defence, in possession game, didnt make himself available.

Maybe Kane was as poor.

What do you folks expect him to do when no one passes to him? We were looking for someone with composure to keep a hold of the ball and they kept bypassing him and subsequently losing the ball

Thank f*ck Southgate era is over, and he's only 19.

He should only thrive on a new wave, with the right direction.

He was poor shied away from possession with his movement but was decent defensively.

As stated time and time again Mainoo is an 8, he doesn't play the 6 naturally so against a better team Bellingham should have always been the partner to Rice to offset the need for a pass as Jude can run off his marker and has the experience despite his age playing at a higher level.

Found it hard to find an accurate pass with Spain clogging up the middle of the pitch. Just 72% pass accuracy. Rice was only 78%

You guys expect way too much from a 19yo against a midfield of Rodri, Fabian Ruiz and Dani Olmo. All excellent players at the peak of their careers playing for a more cohesive and better drilled team. Chill

Anyone drawing conclusions on a single game need to learn a bit about football.

Based on this game, very few England players look good. Hell the whole tournament some very good players have mostly been poor
A bit is putting it lightly. Muscled a Spanish player off the ball on more than one occasion and he’s apparently lacking in physicality :lol:

Wasn't great but still better than Rice on the ball again today.

He didn't have a great game but the whole team couldn't pass a fecking parcel. The lad has had an excellent tournament, one of the hardest positions to play and he has been excellent.

England players just don’t know how to use him. Put him in place of Ruiz alongside Rodri and Olmo in that Spain side and you’d see his value.

He didn’t have a great game but he was better than Rice and Kane. Bellingham for the first 75 minutes as well.

He needs to impose himself more on games, hopefully it comes with more experience.

Wasn't great but the midfield looked a lot more open once he came off, he was positionally disciplined at least.

At 19 and already having world class attributes. I’ll take that. He can work on everything else.

Has had a very good tournament so can feel proud. I do think for him to become a dominant midfielder he needs to develop more intensity and authority to his game. Which hopefully will come with maturity but at the moment there are long spells of games where he just disappears both for club and country