India politics thread

All PSU stuff down too.
NDA still winning.. great buying opportunity.. especially Adani.. Ports/power.. free money because people are panicking.
edit: disclaimer and all that.. I know nothing...

Good to see that this is at least a contest. A step forward and dent in mangalsutra man’s grasp is the best we could have asked for in the current climate.

UP is so far the story of the election. All 7 Delhi seats going to BJP is a bit disappointed - I’m surrounded by absolute morons.

Do you have good English language resources for the results as they come in?

Do you have good English language resources for the results as they come in?
Good? No. I’m having to watch Godi channels today which I avoid all year because they’re all shit. Newslaundry is doing a live discussion though - they’re great in general but their election result coverage is less result based but more discussion based.

I was checking India Today.. not great either.
Is Republic crying? I want to know, but dont want to click on that shit.

Had Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and, surprisingly, Odisha not voted overwhelmingly for BJP, they could have been thoroughly defeated in this election itself.

Had Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and, surprisingly, Odisha not voted overwhelmingly for BJP, they could have been thoroughly defeated in this election itself.
Hopefully it gives India alliance a big boost and motivation for what is possible in 2029. That is if they can manage to stay out of jail.

Nda 290 would have been interesting. 300+ isn't great news, more of the same to continue.

if that moron had stayed with INDIA he would have a massive shot at it right now.
Paltu's paltis are always horribly timed when it comes to realising his personal ambitions (PM)

Modi already reaching out to Naidu :lol: Didn't know non biological demigods needed human help to continue ruling.

BJP not having majority on its own is excellent.
Yes it’s the best we could have hoped for right now to be honest. Given difference in funding, relatively late formation of India, control over institutions and lack of a charismatic leader in the opposition other than Kejriwal (jailed)

Yes it’s the best we could have hoped for right now to be honest. Given difference in funding, relatively late formation of India, control over institutions and lack of a charismatic leader in the opposition other than Kejriwal (jailed)
Would think its more the individual opposition leaders in States like UP, WB, Maha, who have hurt BJP.

Hopefully sane brave voices like Dhruv Rathee (and others) can grow to 50m/70m subscribers by 2029 to have an even bigger impact especially on the younger generation.

Hopefully it gives India alliance a big boost and motivation for what is possible in 2029. That is if they can manage to stay out of jail.

Sending people to jail won't be so easy this time around. People have stripped Modi of that kind of arrogance.

Exit polls are the biggest losers here.
Couldn’t have been more wrong

This is probably the biggest L for the BJP after the non biological being tried to appropriate the Ram Mandir

also special shout out to ajitdada. thank you for ruining bjp's image, giving even more symapthy for uddhav/sharad, wasting 3 seats, all while getting rid of your own legal troubles :lol: